So we have had this hotel recommended to us by many people and have heard of many more having stayed here. My fresh wife and I cannot work out why anyone would stay here once, let alone return to the place. Previously stayed in other similar hotels in Patong with no problems. For the price we have paid for the patong Merlin we would expect a higher standard of room and facilities, without even starting on the rude and surly staff.
Day 1 arrived. Brief check in nothing explained to us like where breakfast was to be, or where we might find a beach towel. Whisked off to our room, pushed in an done. Clearly the bell boy had better things to be do like playing with Facebook along with the other thinly spread staff. Room was dirty with dirty mirrors, floors and shower. Room was cleaned by a very cheery house keeper.
Asked a member of staff near the pool where we might find a pool towel, the response was " over there next to the pool bar". Which is great if there wasn't three pool bars. (Thanks captain aviator sunnies for 0 service).
Day 2: woke up crippled by the block of stone I slept on. Found breakfast, didn't have it in protest as I required 2 hrs of massage to free up my back. Decided to go for a swim and went to two different pool bars to find the towels (hidden behind the middle bar). Pool is great nice, deep and refreshing.
Day 3: went to breakfast sat down at a table for 20 seconds then had a member of staff as us to move. We can only assume it was because there were two of us on a 4 seater table. Was very busy, but was peak time for breakfast. A number of empty trays were around where food should have been. Had to wait around 10mins for and omelette as there was only one person cooking. Went to swim up bar in the afternoon looking for a drink to be confronted with 3 staff members standing around looking at us with no hint of service to be offered (probs reading these reviews on trip ad). We have had something put on the bed to make it softer so we will see how tonight's sleep goes
We have one more day to go and here are the positives so far.
1. There is only one more day to go at this patong delight.
2. House keeping are all very cheerful and always greet you with a smile.
3. The location couldn't be faulted. Close to everything with otop on one side the beach on the other and Bangla rd a short walk away.
4. Good wifi to make reviews on trip advisor
5. Room is very dark in the mornings with fantastic curtains in the room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Patong Merlin Hotel is an international holiday resort in the heart of Phuket's exotic Patong Beach. Nestled amongst acres of swaying coconut palms and flowering gardens, the Merlin weaves its way around three beautiful aquamarine sculptured swimming pools in a labyrinth of curved walkways and meandering paths.There is easy access to the sparkling sandy beach and the quaint street markets.An enchanted ambiance and smiling attentive staff ensure your visit to Phuket's playground in the sun is as memorable as it is magical. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Patong Merlin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Patong
- Patong Merlin Hotel Phuket