Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
$148
$123
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$107
$88
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$136
$93
Hotels.com
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Breakfast included
Nap Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
$74
$59
The Charm Resort Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
$70
$62
Agoda.com
2,522 results
All reviewsprivate beachlittle tiger restaurantbeach grillfamily massageswim up bartri trang beachtuk tukhigh tidethai restaurantpool access roomshuttle bushappy hourkids clubfreedom beachthe hustle and bustlelaundry donecost baht
Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2006

What a beautiful place. Fantastic everything. No wonder most of the people we met here had stayed before. Fantastic value for money. Can't fault it.

• Stayed: October 2005
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2006

We have just returned from 10 nights at The Merlin Beach. We also enjoyed the luxury of a pool access room. Spoiling yourself should always be this easy. The rooms were really nice, clean and more than comfortable. The pool outside our door was so fantastic that we did not venture near the other two. Lounging on the verandah, having afternoon drinks and a quick dip was a highlight.

We usually went in to Patong for dinner. Although the prices were reasonable by AUS standards at the Resort, it was much cheaper in town. We did stay in for the Two for the price of one Cocktails and had excellent pizzas on a couple of nights. The breakfast was fantastic, although my husband got ill on our last day and we blame the pork sausage from brekky. We did have lunch at the coffee shops and enjoyed this also.

We enjoyed massages at both the Merlin Spa and from the ladies at the beach. They were both great. We live in a coastal town so the beaches were not a big drawcard for us but we were a bit dissappointed in the ones in Phuket. We did make up for this in the pools.

Our only gripe was the courtesy bus. The times that they ran were really not frequent enough or at practical times. However it was easy to catch a Tuk Tuk and really very inexpensive. We loved the fact that we were out of the rat race of Patong but right back in the middle of it when ever we wanted.

• Stayed: April 2006
31  Thank insulbarb1
South Shields, England
Reviewed April 20, 2006

After reading reviews about Merlin Beach and seeing the fantasctic photos I was dying to get there to see it all for myself - I was not disappointed!! In fact I don't think you can put into words how breath taking the resort is. We stayed in a pool access room, which was great when you just wanted to nip for a swim without having to go anywhere. The breakfast buffet was out of this world with every kind of brealkfast type you could wish for. I especially liked the omlettes that were made for you after you chose the ingredients. On an evening we had a choice of the restaurants in the resort, however once we tried the buffet in the Buket Coffee Shop we were hooked and ate most nights there as there was a diffeent selection of food and entertainment everynight for 500 baht.

We went on three different boat trips while in Phuket - speedboat to Phi Phi, long boat to "James Bond Island" and canoe trip round the caves in Phang Nga. On all of these we were looked after from start to finish and fed and watered regularly along the way. Plenty of photo opportunities of magnificent scenery and the guides were freindly and VERY helpful.

I would thoroughly recommend Merlin Beach Resort for anyone who is looking to stay in this part of Phuket. Only 5 minutes in taxi away from Patong town centre and far enough away to feel as if you are in the middle of nowhere with all of the peace and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2006
51  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2006

I won't have a chance to stay at this wonderful hotel, but thought I'd post a quick review of my experience with their reservations system which could be relevant for tourists. The rating above applies to the reservation process, not to the hotel which I imagine would be amazing).

Firstly, for anyone currently looking for a pool-access room between now and the end of Oct2006 - they are booked solid! I kid you not. I even spoke to their hotel manager and reconfirmed with their email reservations: all 37 pool-access rooms are booked until the end of Oct2006. We had been looking for 1-4 nights in mid-September and nothing was available (not even for a single night!). Well, to be honest we are happy to see the hotel is faring so well, that being low season and post-Tsunami! Not good for us of course, but we managed to secure an incredible deal at the equally amazing Le Meridien (see Phuket forum for details).

My only comment about the reservation system is that it is done online by email request, and on business days expect to wait 24hrs for a reply (or up to 48 hrs on weekends). This was our experience. There was no way to see actual room availability online for most pool-access or superior rooms, and I was told that I would need to go through the online email method to book my reservation (when I called the front desk, the manager said they were unable able to make reservations on the spot and deferred to the online reservation system). Compare this to the immediate phone and email reservation I was able to make with Starwood Le Meridien. I had full details and confirmation literally in my email box within 10 seconds of being off the phone with the Starwood representative! Secondly, the online Merlin reservation required ccard information whilst the webform did not have any visible security encryption which concerned me. I imagine it hasn't been a problem however for most given the number of glowing reviews on this site.

Anyways, I still hope to visit the Merlin Beach resort some-day - but in the future I guess we'll need to try to make reservations > 5months in advance!

- JT88

• Stayed: April 2006
23  Thank James T
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2006

This was our first trip to Phuket and I did alot of research on where to stay. The Merlin Beach Resort was recommended and we were not disappointed.
On arrival we were shown to a lovely sofa in the splendid lobby and given cool face towels. Check in was smooth and we loved our room on the fourth floor over looking the pool and the ocean.

The bed was big and comfortable, T.V. had lots of channels and the bathroom catered for all you needs even little bags of detergent if you want to give anything a quick wash. Best of all this hotel had great water pressure, a few of the other places we stayed at this seemed to be a bit of a problem.

The gardens surrounding the three pool areas were lush and well maintained and there were plenty of pool beds to choose from. The pool access rooms sit in a completely idealic little sanctuary with its own rock water fall and bar, very lovely for romantics. Pool towels were soft and plentiful as long as you gave them back you could have as many as you liked.

Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of western and international dishes. You could easily fill up for the day.

There are a number of restaurants and cafes on the premises, we ordered a burger and fries from the cafe and the food was average as well as a little pricey compared to Patong but depending on your budget you could get decent food. I did order a club sandwich from room service which was inedible though, but I may have just got them on a bad day.

There is a beauty spa which for a resort was reasonably priced but I chose to walk onto the little beach and have a massage there for 300BHT, beautiful and relaxing listening to the sound of the waves breaking and the Thai ladies chattering quitely.

Although the Merlin has it's own secluded beach, I found the sand to be very shaly and only able to be swam in at high tide due to the rocks (see photos).

Taxis and tuk tuks are available 24/7 at the entrance of the hotel. 200BHT to get into Patong. We hired a moped so we could go wherever we liked any time we liked and this cost us 200 BHT for 24 hours, brilliant value.

There is a clinic, shop, tailors and tour desk at your disposal as well which is great because once you get back to the resort from town, if you have forgotten to buy things you can do so here. Again though expect to pay through the roof for the privelage.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to friends and others. It was clean friendly and run efficiently and professionally.

Only down side is that it is a lttle way out of the hustle and bustle but Patong is only 10 mins away in a taxi.

• Stayed: March 2006