2,795 results
All reviews private beach little tiger restaurant pool bar beach grill family massage tri trang beach tuk tuk high tide thai restaurant shuttle bus pool access room happy hour kids club freedom beach the hustle and bustle kids pool main pool
Reviewed April 17, 2016

Stayed at the Merlin Beach resort March 2016, weather hot and humid so the pool offered relief. Resort itself comfortable and far enough away from Patong, taxi or Tuk-Tuk can get you into Patong easily enough for very little cost. Would recommend if you travellers don;t want to be in heart of Patong. Food was okay, catered more to the abundant Chinese tourists. All in all would recommend prices reasonable. Staff helpful though English at the front desk very lacking at times.

Date of stay: March 2016
Surin L, Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and sharing your experience of your stay. We do hope that we will have chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

Of my three trips to Thailand this was by far my worst accommodation experience and have left disappointed. What a mistake! This dated resort looks good in the photos but didn't compare to anything at the same price or star category. It reminded me of being in a 1990's Gold Coast hotel (I wish I was as it would have saved on airfares) Our room was spacious enough but was in need of a good clean, especially the bathroom. The breakfast buffet was ok but the flies hanging around put you off a little. Everything in the hotel was expensive for Thai standards, and the staff were not overly friendly at all. To put the icing on the cake we had to get out of the pool as our kids found a poo on the pool steps. We notified staff but they were not too concerned. The resort offers regular shuttles to and from Patong but if you want to spend time there I would just arrange to stay in a nicer hotel in town. Steer clear!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Tim l

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay and experience at Merlin Beach Resort, I was most concerned to learn of your disappointment with our property, hospitality and service provided during your stay. At the outset, please allow me to say how sorry we are that you were not entirely satisfied, no matter the reason. Particularly this is true given the evident shortcomings on our part for which we unreservedly apologize.

However, the case of poo, I am quite surprised to hear this as a family resort, I can confirm you that we have a very good procedure in place and well-trained staffs to handle the situation. Being a customer driven hotel, I always appreciate any feedback, the good, the bad and the ugly, so that we may work on improving any opportunity which has been brought to our attention, Thank you so much for this.
I do hope that we will be given the opportunity of restore your confidence in Merlin Beach Resort again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Surin L

Reviewed April 14, 2016

We spent 5 nights at Merlin Beach Resort whilst on our honeymoon. On arrival we were treated to a pleasant room upgrade which saw us getting a pool access room. We entered a room that was decorated for a honeymoon couple as well as treated to a fruit basket and a lovely little letter from the hotel manager, congratulating us on our wedding and wishing us a pleasant stay.

Our room was stunning and very comfortable. Just looking at the room made us want to stay longer - it really made one feel on holiday. The room service was exceptional, staff were always friendly and would even assist in making up the room during the latter part of the afternoon.

The facilities at the resort are wonderful. There's stuff for kids and adults to do. There is a shuttle service that runs between the two Merlin Beach properties which aid in getting you into the bustling areas around Phuket Beach. I prefer being away from the busier areas as they can get a bit noisy which may make it difficult to relax and rest. If you were to miss a shuttle, it would cost you around 300TBH which is decent granted that you take one of the shuttles.

If I were to have something to complain about it would have to be with regards to the food at the restaurants. Firstly, outside of the breakfast sitting, restaurants at the hotel are rather pricey, in fact even more than what I would for a meal back in South Africa. The helpings we small and way overpriced. When it comes to the breakfast it had very few options for me as i eat Halaal meals. Various other hotels in Thailand cater for Muslims and this is very welcomed when you see it on offer. I think that Merlin resorts should offer such. Not massive Halaal options, but a station that does just chicken sausages, its own omelette making, and one or two other Halaal dishes. We managed to work with what was on offer but having something like this would make it so much easier and make it an even more attractive destination for many more Muslims.

Overall, our stay was beautiful. We loved every moment spent at the Merlin Beach Resort and we will definitely return some day. Will definitely try and get room 1405, if we haven't started with a family by then ;-).

Finally, a big thank you to all the staff at Merlin Beach Resort. Thank you for making our honeymoon an even more memorable one.

Room tip: Pool access rooms for couples and rooms close to the pool with kids facilities for families.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for an exceptional review and most of all thank you for choosing Merlin Beach. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your positive and informative experience. We are so pleased to know that your honeymoon was successful and enjoyable. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Stayed here 5 nights while travelling around Thailand. We had to go through Patong to get to the hotel up a long hill. On arrival I wasnt sure about the hotel as there was a huge building site opposite, building a large hotel(s) - we were told it would be completed Dec 2016...mmm. Maybe they work quick!. Our room luckily face the pool but everytime we came out of our room we were faced with the Site. The pool areas are very nice with one pool that seemed to be quite secluded and not many people seem to know about it - everyone went to the mail pool area with pool bar, so we always got sunbeds even at midday. Staff sometimes seem happy, but sometimes grumpy and didn't always smile. The rooms had toiletries, bath robes , hairdryer and kettle. We were woken at 8am each morning with tractors working :-/ ... We ate twice in the restaurants but seemed expensive. similar to home. I thought Thailand was cheap. There was a small beach area which was nice but when the tide was out there were many rocks and there was no way of swimming. A local guy setup a bar on the beach most days and the drinks were cheaper than the hotel!. This hotel is out of area, you cannot walk anywhere and have to get a taxi to go anywhere. Patong Beach is the closest ... but maybe you may want to drive straight through it... many people trying to sell you things, get you into their shops and hassling you to get in their brightly lit tuk tuks...as well as pole dancing at the front of the bars etc...you expect a bit of hassle on holiday but this was madness, I would not visit there again and not somewhere I enjoyed taking my 11 year old son. The hotel was ok but I would not return due to its location / and building site opposite.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SandraWorthing

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review relating to your recent stay with us. Your review is very informative and details for any perspective visitor to Merlin Beach. Unfortunately, this time you might be sometimes disturbed from neighbor construction site that beyond our control. However, we hope that maybe one day you might be able to come back?

Thank you again and let us know if we can be of any assistance when the time comes for your return.

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Lovely huge pools. Great service. Lovely private beach though rocky. Awesome beach massages. Restaurant on the hill is nice and cheap. Hotel reasonably priced for a resort. Breakfast is reasonable. Dinner at the Thai restaurant was very nice. Pool bar happy hour on Tuesdays only include some cocktails. Fantastic room with ocean view. Kids club runs on a weird time schedule and program and baby sitting not available until 5.30 onwards, thank fully there was not a tour available that required this.

Room tip: Wi fi was sketchy and often didn't work.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Natalie I

Dear Guests,
Lovely review ! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback of your stay with us, this is not only a positive comment but also inspired one in cheering up the staff. Thank for the comments on kid's club, we have it taken for any future improvement.

Look forward to welcoming you back again some day,