We stayed at the Merlin Beach Resort from 24 June to 1 July, it was only one week but it was glorious. The staff are very friendly and help fully. The breakfast offers a great selection of food and the omelette chief is great. Highly recommend the ladies in the yellow shirts on the right hand side of the beach opposite end of the beach to the tiger restaurant, my wife had her nails done there for her hands and feet for 400 b, we also had some massages during the week 1 oil and 2 Thai massages both by different people all were great 250 b . The tiger restaurant lives up to its reputation, it offers good quality thai food abit dear than in patong but still overpriced, we also ate at a restaurant called Winsuf there is a sign that says 30m from the resort I think it is more like 130m but worth the walk the food is great we ate there for lunch and the tiger for dinner. Both offer great service and meals. We walked to Tri Trang Beach and hire beach chairs for 100 b , the beach is very clean and well looked after. Had a 1 hr cruise along the water on a long boat that was docked next to Winsuf, The Tri Trang beach resort is on one end of the beach and Winsuf is on the other a 5 min walk away , the water in the Tri Trang beach was warm no jelly fish and the beach is netted. Alot of people from Mermaid Beach Resort often traveled across to the beach and also drink at the Trekky Bar , you can get a red towel from the bus boys to used on day trips or to the beach. We ate at the buffet once the food was fine cost was 490b , for $20 what do you expect ? Happy hour was on Tues and Sunday from 4-6pm we were in the pool at that time and enjoyed some nice cocktails usually 180b only 90b the Banana one was great. The pool is great lovley and clean you can only swim from 8 - 8 pm daily, The rooms are always kept clean and once we mistakenly put out the do not disturb sign in the morning got back from our day trip at 6pm to find the room unchanged , we explained to the reception and within 30 mins our room was all cleaned, great service and helpful people. Used the bus all the time caught the 1st bus at 10.00 to patong and spent the whole day in Patong we then would caught the bus back depending on time , had to catch the taxi back once . There is a taxi stand opposite the patong merlin was quoted 300 b , i said don't you mean 200b and the guy said okay straight a way.Went to the O Top markets opposite the patong merlin thought the better bargins are behind Jung Ceylon 10 mins walk from Patrong merlin on the same road. The merlin beach resort looks far better than the patong merlin . The resort also has a taxi stand opposite and the prices are clearly displayed 200 b patong 500b phuket and 900b airport. Overall a great spot to stay would highly recommend it, felt sad when we left but life must go one. Internet is at 150b 30 mins it is slow unfortunately
Stay at the merlin resort you will not regret......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong