We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Merlin Beach Resort. We had a fantastic time and the resort was beautiful.
We had a deluxe room and it was huge, a king size bed (though a little hard for my liking), fantastic housekeeping and room service. We used the safe the entire stay and were not charged.
We have read reviews about the resort being full of kids and loud, fat, drunk and obnoxious aussie bogans - well they should pull their heads in and get over themselves. No problems at all.
The resort was completely full when we were there though you would never know it. Always a seat at brekky, always room around the pool and believe me there is plenty of room for everyone.
The new Thai restaurant is fabulous and cost us 3600THB ($145-) for 5 people including entrees, mains and drinks. So really no more than what we pay at home.
The Little Tiger restaurant on the hill is great and the massage ladies to the right are great. We also ate and You and Me, Sabai Sabai and Pum's Thai where I did a cooking class.
If you miss the shuttle bus you can get the hotel taxi which is 300THB for up to 5 people no matter where you want to stop in Patong otherwise the tuk tuks across the road will charge depending on where you want to stop. 200THB to the pier, 250THB further down and about 300THB to Bangla Rd or Jung Ceylon.
We had a great holiday and Merlin Beach is a fab place to stay, yes a few kms away from Patong but that's the beauty of it. We will definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Jetsetter, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong