From the moment we stepped into our room our experience with the resort was very upsetting. I organised the stay with my mum and two young girls. We arrived to be given a room that smelt that bad with mildew I walked out of the room and asked for another one that wasn't going to kill us. Mind you we had booked a pool view room and it was a garden view room. We were finally given another room (pool view) which smelt fresher. So the availability was there but they decided to initially give us a room which looked and smelt like it had never been used. It took over an hour for it to be organised meanwhile the girls were very tired after the flight and at 11.30 at night we are still waiting for our room to be organised.
On a number of ocassions I had called to request another towel, or another bottle of water or a sheet which was never given when our room was fixed during the day. Very rudely we were questioned by the service ladies insinuating that we had taken or hidden the items. I was so disgusted that they would even go there. My mother was furious after she wanted to look in our bags. . . bottles of water at 5baht. We normally bought extra water every day but that day we forgot otherwise we wouldn't have bothered asking for it. With the sheet they wanted me to sign a form saying that if it wasn't returned i would be charged 700baht. I honestly couldn't believe the service. I felt terrible being there and I am such an easy going person who has no expectations other than to be treated respectfully.
The food at the hotel especially the breakfast was very average. I was very surprised at the low quality and variety in their food buffet. The only nice restuarant was the Thai Restuarant near the gym.
My mother was so uspet about the overall service and treatment. I tried to cover it up and keep the atmosphere cheerful however it wasn't always that easy.
The best part of the stay was the pools. The pool area was beautiful and the kids enjoyed it when the weather allowed it. Unfortunately we had 4 sunny days out of 14 days.
Massages on the beach were great. The was three different ones. I tried all of them and the best was the one to the right.
I honestly recommend not staying here if you want good service and to be treated like a vip. Other people who stayed at the same time mentioned the abruptness of staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong