As a family of 4 we had an awesome time. The resort was very clean with good food and very relaxing and the staff were lovely. We stayed 9 nights (27 Dec and left 5 Jan) and could not complain about the resort at all - only issue is those who put their towels on the day beds and go out for the day - but that is not about the resort but about greedy people who want it all! The rooms and beds were very clean and comfortable we were out by the back pool 3 floors up and it was lovely and quiet so you could have a great night sleep. We found all the staff to be fantastic - especially as the hotel was pretty much fully booked. We used the laundry service from people on the beach - no problem at all clothes came back clean and smelling fresh. Yes at low tide beach is rocky but once the tide comes in it is lovely and YES you can swim at the beach - you go out further and snorkel if you want to. On New Years Eve we enjoyed party put on by hotel - we did pay for this in booking as it was compulsory - the staff did a fantastic job putting up all the lights etc. With the help of staff our family let off Thai Lanterns on the beach (1 each) - this was a truly awesome experience. There was a fab fireworks display at hotel and as we were not far from Patong we also got to see fireworks from there as well.
There was also a lovely baby elephant at the hotel on one occasion - everyone thoroughly loved this - it added to the experience. She had a swim at the beach and even people were around her in the water.
We ate at Little Tiger on the hill one night - food was nice - very cheap cafe style - mozzies were very friendly - too friendly for our liking.
The hotel is about 7 minutes out of Patong by tuk tuk, but well worth it. Patong is always busy so it is nice to be away from the rat race. Our kids (14 & 11) even commented that they preferred to stay at Merlin Beach Resort than in Patong.
We used the free shuttle bus to get into Patong most of the time - even with the hotel having so many people staying, there was not a problem - the hotel would use their mini van to get you into Patong if shuttle bus was full. They were very accommodating to guests. Coming back from Patong we caught the free shuttle bus and also used tuk-tuk's (300 baht). One day we caught a long tail boat from hotel beach around to Patong - it was expensive (1500 baht) but an enjoyable adventure for us. We didn't go to penny pinch - but to have a fun time and do as many adventures as possible - save the extra coin before you go - it is well worth it!
Patong shopping was awesome, our daughter 14 and son 11 were dubious at first but after the first hour they loved it - and got plenty of bargains. Make-up, shoes, bags, shirts etc.
Whilst there we also did half day elephant tour with Siam Safari - well worth it - another adventure our kids are still raving about.
All in all - Merlin Beach Resort was fantastic and thoroughly recommend it to all - for families who want to be close to the action but not right in it - this is the hotel for you.
Thank you Merlin Beach Resort - you gave us everything we were looking for in a hotel - we will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, our resort in Phuket, Thailand boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. We are the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. The resort's own house reef offers guests colorful underwater adventures (snorkeling and diving) without ever leaving the property. It is also home to Phuket's first sanctuary for butterflies, a unique conservation project aimed at increasing the native butterfly population. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong