We have just returned from this resort and had a very good time. We usually go to Fiji and this time of year so we were comparing the two holiday experiences, and found that we really enjoyed Thailand and would go back to this resort, but there were a few areas that could use a bit of improvement.
The resort itself is very nice. The rooms were lovely, and clean. The only complaint about the room was that the airconditioner was very loud- most nights I woke up thinking that it was raining outside but it was just the airconditioner. Apart from that, no problems. The staff were mainly friendly, especially a couple of the poolside waiters, but there were quite a few who didn't really speak enough English to understand the guests meal orders.
The pool areas are lovely- pretty accurately depicted in the photos. We were travelling with a 7 year old girl and 9 year old boy, and while they loved the water slide and the kids pool, we missed the organised poolside kids activities that you get at most resorts in Fiji. The kids club was aimed at much younger kids and my 7 year old found it way too young for her. So some organised activities for the slightly older kids would be really beneficial.
The restaurants were all excellent. We were given a discount card when we arrived, and the more often we ate at the resort , the higher the discount got, so by the time the last few days rolled around we were on a 30% discount, and compared to Australian prices the meals were very reasonable to start with. "At Sea" was our favourite restaurant- the Norweigan salmon is to die for. Breakfast was the only meal we were even slightly dissappointed with, but there was a big variety of foods and you could always find something good. It was just very, very busy but I guess the resort was quite full.
My husband and I both used the gym, which was fairly basic but absolutely adequate for a hotel gym.
All in all, a very enjoyable experience for a reasonable price. We would certainly return at some point in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, our resort in Phuket, Thailand boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. We are the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. The resort's own house reef offers guests colorful underwater adventures (snorkeling and diving) without ever leaving the property. It is also home to Phuket's first sanctuary for butterflies, a unique conservation project aimed at increasing the native butterfly population. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong