My husband and I (aged 55 and 60) had a week at the lovely Merlin Beach resort in May 2013 and could not have been happier. We arrived at 1 am to smiling desk staff with cool towels and drinks and were quickly escorted to our room. We had taken other peoples advice on trip advisor and booked a pool access room and boy we were so happy with it. Lovely sized and appointed rooms. Gorgeous bed and bathroom but the star of the show is rolling off your bed and walking a few steps straight down into the pool at your verandah door step. It was just a beautful spot to sit and have coffee or drinks and just slide into the pool when it got hot. Our room was a perfect aspect (room 4134 I think) because we got a bit of morning and midday sun on the deck but come afternoon when all the other rooms were bathed in hot afternoon sun, we were in the beautiful shade sipping our drinks and watching the birds in the trees above us.
The food in all the different restaurants were really lovely , Lots of variety and cuisines to choose from. The breakfast was by far the best i have seen in lots of resorts. The egg station was really popular and i noticed they really catered well for families with children. The many pools were really lovely to explore and even though there were lots of families there, it was a really nice quiet resort and after 8.30 at night , you couldn't hear a pin drop. I had some lovely beauty treatments at the spa which were very cheap and don't even get me started on the beach massages in the huts right on the private beach in front of the resort. I tried all three of them at different times and they are all good. My husband even had a pedicare and massage on the beach. Just bliss and so cheap - $10 for a full hour.
Merlin Beach is only 5 mins out of Patong and we usually got a taxi when we wanted to go into town *($8) I didn't bother with the hot ,windy tuk tuk's. Prefer the air-con car. So pleased we didn't stay in the busy hot town - it was nice to go in and shop and then escape back to our quiet oasis.
The staff were so lovely and obliging . I didn't find the language barrier a problem at all like some people complain about. Every afternoon I would ring room service to have a bucket of ice sent to our room to have afternoon drinkies on our verandah and there they would be in minutes. Our rooms were serviced every day with lovely fresh sheets and towels and also beach towels.
It is a resort that everyone would like I think. There were lots of young ones there and I think they were more than happy to go into town for the night clubs etc and then relax around the resort and private beach during the day. I was told this was a first class resort and I can't wait to go back again. It was really good value for money from the rooms to the food and drinks and atmosphere and I can't wait to go back there again. Definitely go for the pool access room if you go. !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong