I read some of the critical reviews before I travelled with interest, particularly the ones criticising the staff. What a load of rubbish. This hotel is fantastic, great room, excellent facilities and most of all charming, attentive and helpful staff. Some people are always looking to find fault. The majority reviews is what I took notice of when I selected this hotel. I was not disappointed.
I do not usually go to resorts as I am an older traveller who prefers to avoid children when I want to relax. However this resort is so big you can easily separate yourself from the children’s pool and relax by a huge quiet pool or even a small secluded pool. You can do what you want. Whilst the beach is close by and beautiful and the water inviting, the rocks make it difficult to get in and out of the water, particularly impossible at low tide which is a shame.
The restaurants on site are OK, some meals were a bit indifferent, some were excellent. I was particularly disappointed with the Sea Food restaurant which overlooks the sea and is a lovely place to sit to eat; unfortunately the food was not good. But there is plenty of choice of restaurants and there is the Little Tiger just off the beach not part of the hotel.
The other negative is that if you want to go offsite you have to get some form of transport. There is free bus from the resort to Patong or Phuket towns, or the taxi to Patong is only 300 bhats, about £6
We usually like to walk out to go to different restaurants in the evening when we go away. you need to get a taxi to Patong which is the closest town to do that. At night this is not a pleasant place if you do not want to get involved in the less desirable aspect of Thailand. That is why we tended to stay on the resort.
Location and beach is the only reason I did not give this a 5 rating. it is not a criticism of the hotel and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, our resort in Phuket, Thailand boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. We are the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. The resort's own house reef offers guests colorful underwater adventures (snorkeling and diving) without ever leaving the property. It is also home to Phuket's first sanctuary for butterflies, a unique conservation project aimed at increasing the native butterfly population. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong