“Very Good Hotel for Families and Adults”

Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
Ranked #21 of 322 Hotels in Patong
kent
“Very Good Hotel for Families and Adults”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very nice hotel, especially for families with children. I liked the three large swimming pools, one of which had a children’s area. This meant the smalls all congregated there leaving the other two pools for adults. Relief all around for mummies and daddies and grumpy old farts like me.

Lots of sun beds and very nice public areas. I liked the main lobby and the band on each night whilst I used the free wifi.

The small beach had a small private bar and three massage parlors, beer and massages very cheap and reasonable.

Larger than average rooms with nice bath and walk-in shower, very compfortable with lots of storage space. I especially liked looking down on the quiet beautifully laid out pool 3 with animal fountains and islands.

Restaurants ok and breakfast good, but the short walk up the steps to the Little Tiger was well worthwhile. Jump in a tuk-tuk to Town for 300bht and spoilt for choice of wide variety of cheap, excellent restaurants.

A good choice for a nice holiday with all amenities and good location.

Room Tip: Little Tiger restaurant worth a visit. Cold beer very reasonable at the beach bar. Don't by Ray...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pgooch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I spent four overnights (2 - 6 January 2013) at the Merlin Beach Resort to relax after seven busy days of travelling in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Check-in was swift. Room was spacious and clean. Bathroom had bathtub and walk-in shower, which wasn't always the case at the other hotels I stayed at in Thailand. I had asked to be allocated a room away from families with young babies and kids...this was provided along with a non-smoking room request. The room had a kettle which I find handy for the odd cup of tea. I found the room mini-fridge to be very noisy when trying to get to sleep at night. I had thought it was the sound of the air conditioning unit on the roof above my room...but on my last day realized the fridge was the culprit.

The trio/quartet who entertained in the lobby area were good at providing easy listening music. The hotel staff were polite and efficient. The buffet breakfast at Bhukit Coffee Shop had ample selection for everyone and supplies were replenished constantly. The loungers around the three pools had seen better days....wooden, heavy and clumsy to move. The card system for beach towels I find irritating. I prefer you give me towels and I leave them on my lounger when finished. The beach was enjoyable, in a little cove, not long enough to walk for miles in the morning.

The Italian restaurant La Gondola was so-so for dinner. The Bhukit Coffee Shop for dinner....I sent the soup back as it wasn't the one I ordered. I was still charged for it and the waitress did not want to remove it from my bill.

The Merlin Beach Resort is an OK 4-star hotel but nothing exceptional. I had requested a hotel outside of the main area of Patong Beach. It's a fairly secluded area which suited me fine. Should I return to Phuket, I would probably stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: I was in Room 4430 - top floor - away from main building hubbub. Only commotion was when a young ...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank QueenofCarlisle
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stay in a deluxe room with pool and partial seaview. Room is clean and spacious. Nice pools and poolside bar's happy hour from 4-6pm makes everybody happy. Location was good for me as i rented a bike. Great peaceful location. Avoid paradise beach as its overcrowded.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Seanranger
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The attraction here is that you do not need to leave the property to have a fantastic holiday. The pools are great, the restaurants are great, the beach is great and I could go on. Whilst the property is out of town, a free shuttle serivce is available and the location only enhances as you are truly away from the hustle and bustle. A definite winner and will certainly return on my next trip.

Room Tip: The Pool Access Rooms are a fantastic option if you are fortunate regarding availability.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank LMLinVIC
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had one of our best family holidays here. The rooms were extremely clean and tidy. And there was a huge variety of places to eat in the resort. The children absolutely loved the amazing choice of pools, and traveling with another family we had the most fantastic experience.
I highly recommend the Merlin Beach Resort, we loved it so much we practically spent our whole holiday in the resort. We had access to our own private beach, the hotels spa was amazing and best value for money. I would highly recommend this amazing resort to any family planning to stay in Phuket!!

Room Tip: We had 2 adjoining standard rooms, with my 8 and 9 year old, which was perfect!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Vicky A
HIGHHALDEN ASHFORD KENT UK.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We found this hotel to be great, It has all you could ask for & more , I could not fault anythink , We had such a good time that we are going back there this september 2013 , We would go back there any time its a wonderful resort to stay at, The rooms are very clean you could eat your food off the floor, We would recommend this hotel & resort to every one .

Room Tip: All the rooms are very very clean , You could eat your food off the floor .
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 372kevin372
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last year and came back this year. It looked a bit tired this time and there was one pool waiter who was known around the pool as ' the rude one' that was a shame! It is really convenient, near HardRock and a short walk to Jungcelyon. Across the road is a small clothing store run by Bien, she's a delight!
Good value, good size rooms, happy hour 6pm-8pm and while the breakfasts are so good, dinner is nothing special and we wondered if the dining room had A/C.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Lindley W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach? Share your experiences!