Recently returned from an 8-night stay at the Merlin Beach Resort. Had a fabulous time from the moment we arrived!
Arrived at the resort at around 10:30am, and despite all the complaints I've read about problems with check-ins, ours was fine. We only had to wait about 10-15 mins (even despite check-in time being at 12 or 1pm), and staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Stayed in a superior room and were surprised at how nice and generally clean it was (...although shower could have used a good scrub). The air-conditioner was great, too.
Loved most things about the resort, and I do hate to complain, but there were a few minor things..........
1. Pools; although fantastic and big, we were a bit annoyed that if you don't get down to the pool by 8-8:30am and put a towel on a chair, you won't have anywhere to sit for the rest of the day. We were lazing by the pool one day, and noticed that the chairs next to us had towels on them but no-one had been sitting there for the last 3-4 hrs. Finally the couple came down, sat on the chairs for about 5 minutes and left again for another couple of hours!!
2. Breakfast; wasn't very impressed with the breakfast here at the Merlin. There was a very wide variety of food to choose from though... I may have had high expectations; as I found myself comparing Merlin's breakfast buffet to a similar resort I stayed in at Tioman Island, which was to die for!!
3. Restaurants; were great! Only down side is the price of eating at the resort; although that is to be expected. Ate at the Tri-Trang Seafood Restaurant the first night we arrived, and for the two of us it came to around $90.00AU. Didn't bother us too much, as we were on holidays, and it is nice to be able to just nip down to a restaurant for tea without having to get taxi's or tuk tuks.
4. Bus timetable; resorts I had previously stayed at offered buses into town each hour... The Merlin's bus operated at odd times, and were always overcrowded; leaving us catching taxi's into Patong. Although, shouldn't complain as we were aware this resort was situated out of Patong.
Apart from the above I have mentioned we had a fantastic time at the resort! Already planning our next trip there!
We were impressed with the restaurant up the hill, too, as it was a cheaper alternative to the restaurant's at the resort and the food was great.
Loved Patong and the atmosphere! Although walking through the markets can be very full-on, you soon get used to all the craziness. Be sure to check it all out before buying anything, because you will find that alot of places sell the same thing and you may be able to get it cheaper!!
It is definately worth buying all your drinks in town at the supermarket or at 7 11. Beers are about $1AU!!
Also loved the fact that the markets, restaurant and shopping centres were open late! Shopping in the markets at night is better as you don't get hassled as it is alot busier.
Enjoy your stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, our resort in Phuket, Thailand boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. We are the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. The resort's own house reef offers guests colorful underwater adventures (snorkeling and diving) without ever leaving the property. It is also home to Phuket's first sanctuary for butterflies, a unique conservation project aimed at increasing the native butterfly population. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong