Hi. We have taken our family with 4 kids to Phuket a number of times (twice in the past 3 months). We just arrived home yesterday from our latest stay. This time we spent 12 nights at the Holiday Inn Patong Beach in two interconnecting rooms in the Busakorn Wing. We booked directly with the hotel (thank you Miss Papan). Overall we loved the hotel and will be visiting again. Here is our feedback below:
1. The location is awesome. It is right in Patong but the Busakorn Wing is very private and you could almost be on a tropical island. We have previously stayed at more remote locations but we have got bored or spent lots of time in taxis. Not this time. Dad could lie around the pool having a beer while mum and the girls went shopping within 50 feet of the hotel.
2. Did I mention the location?. Hundreds of restaurants and bars within a stones throw of the lobby. This not only provided great variety but also resulted in significant competition for price and quality of food. The prices at Holiday Inn were therefore very reasonable compared to more remote hotels. It seems the more remote the more that prices get jacked up. We actually visited good friends at the JW Marriott and whilst it was definitely a very nice hotel the restaurant prices were at least triple those of the Holiday Inn Patong (not that there's anything wrong with that if you can afford it!)/.
3. Sams steakhhouse is fantastic if you want a change from eating Thai.
4. The Pool in the Busakorn Wing i large and beautiful. It is also very private from the hustle and bustle outside. Not as big as the Pool at Le Meridien or Laguna but it also has a less people. We are pretty fussy about pools and loved it (although it doesnt have a slide for the kids)
5. Because we could walk everywhere we saved a fortune on transfers. However, the tuk tuk drivers knew this so immediately discounted prices for any transfers that we wanted. We generally paid 100 BAHT for a tuk tuk ride (about $3.50). However, if you stay over the hill at Le Meridient it is too far to realistically walk with kids and there is no variety of restaurants. Tuk Tuk drivers therefore charge 500BHT plus each way (which is crazy because you can book a private van for the whole day for 1000 THB)
6. We found a great tailor nearby (Uomo tailors). They didnt try to rip us off like some other tailors and their quality was excellent. I got 4 Hugo Boss copy business suits with 2 pairs of pants each in Italian Cashmere/Silk for about AUD $200 each. My wife also had a formal dress and 2 linen suits made. Say hi to Mr Lucky and Mr Sunny. Tell them that Mr Dominic recommended him.
7. The rooms were nice. Certainly not as fancy as Laguna Beach or JW Marriot but better than Le Meridien in our view.
1. The pool bar gets bees (maybe 20 or 30 at a time). They seem to love any sugary drinks. None of the staff seem to care which is fine for them. However, if you have a family member that carry's an epipen due to a potentially fatal bee allergy it means that the pool bar is off limits most of the time.
2. Sun lounge hogs. There are signs everywhere saying that the Busakorn Wing pool is reserved for Busakorn Wing guests. However, it seems that people must get out in the morning, lay towels and articles of clothing on sun lounges, and then reserve them for the whole day. Often when you look around the pool you can see 20 people but 200 sun lounges with towels laid on them to keep them reserved. There simply must be a better system than this. It means that people who geniunely only use lounges when they want to use the pool often find it hard to get a lounge.
3. It would be nice if they had bigger family rooms. The interconnecting room works but it is not ideal if you have 4 kids like us. I wonder why they wont let the kids in the villas? Honeymooners only perhaps?
Overall we would really recommend the Holiday Inn. It is not as big or fancy as Laguna or the JW Marriott. The beach is also not as quiet. However, there is heaps more to do and you have the benefit of a quiet rest around a large pool with tropical gardens just metres from bars, restaurants, tailors, night clubs and all the fun stuff that Phuket is famous for. We won't stay in an isolated spot again. It just costs a lot more for food, drinks etc.. and the upside of quietness is just not worth it to us. However, we do like a bit of action in our family so the others would be perfect for some.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong