This was our 3rd time to Patong beach, and 2nd stay at the holiday inn, and it didn't disappoint. We travelled with friends, which it was their 1st time to thailand, and wanted to ensure that they would have fond memories of what Thailand has to offer.
A very warm welcome, and easy check-in. Good size bedroom with mini fridge and complimentry bottled water. The only question i would have to ask myself -Why have a window looking into the shower room from the bedroom?
The prices around the hotel aren't cheap, as they add 10% service charges and 7% local tax, but are good quality. Just keep an eye out for time as HAPPY HOUR starts at 16:00hrs at the Terrazzo beach bar until 18:30, and 18:00-20:00 at the reception bar, the girls can recommend most of the cocktails!!
Out and about- Beers range from 50-100Bhts, depending where you drink, on average 70-80Bht along Bangla road.(Chang is the cheapest, with Tiger/Singha/Heinekin all 10Bht more)
Food- along the beach road tends to be more expensive, due to it's location, approx £10-15 per meal. The quieter side streets are better value- Thai restraurant near Harry's bar called 'SWEET' was 1100Bht for 2 course meal and drinks for 4 adults, or if you fancy a good steak head down soi La Diva off Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee road(the Back road) to TRE KRONER swedish restraurant. Very good value & friendly staff.
Tours- We had 2 trips, 1 to James Bond island (which included sea cave canoeing), and 1 to Phi Phi islands/snorkelling and Maya Beach(location of the film THE BEACH) by speedboat, both highly recommended.
We played golf at the Phuket golf & country club, pre-book over the internet with www.phuket-golf.com, as i found that was cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong