“Fantastic Location”

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Holiday Inn Resort at Phuket is located in the best position in Patong. Once you are here, you really don;t need to leave (except to buy your DVD's and copy everything). The resort is an oasis from the hustle and bustle outside. We always try and stay in the Busakorn Wing - which s away from the main road - situated in the back of the resort. If you can (and don;t have small children) get a pool access room - fantastic.
The food, drinks, amenities at the Hotel are top notch and all the pools are great. Good for every age - young or old. We travel with children but have been here without - grounds are big enough so if you want to relax - away from the kids you can. They have a kids club and the staff are great. I can;t speak highly enough of this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the Busakorn Wing if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lisa G
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear "Lisa G"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am really pleased that you so enjoy our "oasis" in the middle of Patong! Your comments with regards the convenient location, the excellent kid's and pool facilities and the high standard of dining options in the resort are all greatly appreciated and we do hope you will have the chance to travel and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed at this hotel over a weekend. It was a good stay. The room is spacious and clean, the food is good, the service is prompt, breakfast variety is decent. The concierge is very good. But the location is a bit not convenience

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ivy2013
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear "Ivy2013"

Thank you for sharing your feedback and it is good to note that, overall, you have enjoyed your stay. I am pleased to note that you have found the service to be of a high standard throughout the resort and your further comments with regards the cleanliness of the room and the quality of the dining are greatly appreciated. I will be sure to share your review with the Concierge team and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed 2 night at the Family suite contained Parent and kids room. Big comfy bed bed for the parents plus extra cot for baby ( free of charge), and kids room design ed with all pirate theme an toys, xbox dvd player with all the games and dvd for kids to enjoy. Outside the room : pools, kids pool and kids club. Good variety of breafast. Downside was only the beach not clean, outside hotel had to crossed very crowded street :(.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear "MerianaSin"

Thank you for sharing your "awesome" review and I am delighted that you and your family have so enjoyed your stay in one of our wonderful Family Suites! Your further feedback with regards the excellent pool facilities and the high standard of the breakfast buffet is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

That was my first time here in Holiday Inn Resort Patong. It was amazing. The staff are very friendly, even the securities was trained to be friendly with the guest. I love this hotel because everything look new and fixed. It was fixed immediately. Everything looks clean even the small tree near the restaurant. The best thing i love fro here is the friendliness of the staff. I went there with my foreigners friends who stayed there. The staff was very nice because they did not see me as a prostitute, they all treated me as a guest. When I came down to the reception, they always greeting me sincerely.

I cannot remember the type of room I stayed but it was on the building in front of the beach. It was awesome with very nice, big and clean room. Full of Free Minibar which always fill when we out.

If you are finding the best hotel interns of place which is the best location, in front of the beach, and near the Arabic Restaurant, also near the Mall, this hotel is the best choice.

If you are finding the best hotel minters of big, new and clean room, this hotel I recommend you.

Good Staff, Good Price, Good Location

Room Tip: The room in building in front of the beach are the best.

Dear "PaulaPhanatchakorn"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review and I am really pleased that your first stay with us has been so enjoyable! It is great to note that you have really appreciated the facilities and amenities provided in our Deluxe Rooms and that you have been well taken care of during your stay by our friendly staff in every area of the resort. We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Am very pleased with how the quality of the entire Holiday Inn brand seems to be improving at a significant rate. And the HI Resort in Patong is no exception.

Bolstered by having to do significant rebuilding after the tsunami, this property is now one of the premier properties in the whole IHG group. Personally, with little effort it could be rebranded as an Intercontinental.

My room was in the Busakorn wing, as I requested based on others' reviews. Beautiful room, great pool view, quiet, great for sleeping. The Thai restaurant and the gym were conveniently located in this wing. It was a short walk to the other (main) wing where the other three restaurants, bar and beach access were. My first negative comment is that walk, only about 50 meters, is comparatively cruddy and seems (but does not) to go through the back areas of the overall resort.

I had major meals at the Thai restaurant and Sam's Steakhouse. Both were excellent with Sam's being exceptional both in food and service. My steak was grilled perfectly and the several little "surprises" were unexpected and fun. Service was top quality. Although I didn't really like my soup's flavors yet still ate half of it, they pulled it off the bill even though I hadn't asked and indeed only said that it wasn't "to my taste." The cost went to the tip.

Everything else was pleasant enough. Used the small gym and enjoyed that. My other negative comment is that it's too bad there is a road between the resort and the beach. Yes, that's the case for most resorts in Patong and on other beaches, but it's still not ideal.

Room Tip: Ask for, or pay for, the Busakorn Wing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear "Kairho1"

Thank you for taking the time to share another very kind review, in addition to that already provided for our wonderful Sam's Steak & Grill! It makes me very happy to read that your overall experience in the resort has been so enjoyable and that you have fully enjoyed the facilities and ambiance of our beautiful Busakorn Wing. Your comments with regards the excellent dining options and the gym are very well received, thank you, and your further feedback on the walk way between the two wings in the resort is very well noted for our further attention and action. Please do stay in touch when you are planning your next visit and let us know how we can help!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed from 8th June until 23rd (we're still here!). We decided to pay the extra and stay in the Busakorn wing, based on other's TA posts. We were not disappointed. After one night i announced i did not want to go home! The room has everything you could possibly want, good range of toiletries, biggest bed i have ever seen, flat screen TV, aircon, fridge, balcony, robes and slippers, plenty of reading lights etc etc. We are on the 3rd floor, and overlook the pool and the spa pool.

The breakfast is exemplary, and kept us both happy as it had a good range of western food, combined with a good range of Asian food. Of personal interest to me was the freshly made juice shots, and I had one every morning!

The staff are very helpful and accommodating. We were particularly impressed with the reception staff and the staff who arranged our trips (next to main reception). Arranging your trips this way is so much more convenient than dealing with the street guys trying to sell you all sorts.

The pools are stunning, and the staff are always working to keep the area clean and tidy (leaves and flowers drift down from the trees every now and then). Having a cocktail at the pool bar is a must!

I visited the gym, and was impressed as it was fully air-conditioned, and had free water and towels for guests to use - very civilised.

Although you can have treatments in other spas around the local area, i cannot recommend the Tea Tree Spa at the hotel enough. I had a massage and body scrub followed by a pedicure and manicure. It was undoubtedly the best spa experience I have ever had, and for over 3 hours of treatment and amazing finger and toe nails, it was worth every single baht.

In summary, this is the best holiday i have had in years, and this hotel reminds me of the really good Asian hotels we used to visit 20 or so years ago. One of the staff told us they have over 515 staff here, and you can really feel that professional presence when you stay here.

Fabulous hotel, peaceful inside, but great location means not far from beach/Bangla Rd action - perfect combination.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear "Jomac77"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic and detailed review - especially while still in the resort! It is really delightful to read that you are enjoying every aspect of your stay and all of your comments, from the high standard of breakfast, through the excellent room facilities, the top class spa experience to the service from the staff, are greatly appreciated. I will be sure to share all of your feedback with my colleagues and I do hope you enjoy the final few days of your stay!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed at the Busakorn villa, great room stepped out your door and straight into your pool, very quite area of the holiday Inn, great for couples and central to all the night life but very quite when your in your villa. The holiday Inn is right on patong beach well across the road from it. The service at the hotel was excellent they even knew it was my husbands 50th and made him a cake and it was yummy. You get your drinks for free from the bar fridge and they are restocked every day that's the way it should be done, I can't say anything about the food there never ate there went to the coffee club for breakfast near enough every day and their food was good which is about 10mins walk up patong beach. I would stay here again if in Phuket

1  Thank Maureen G
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear "Mauzie48"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind and positive review! I am delighted that you have so enjoyed your stay in one of our beautiful Villa Pool Access rooms. It is good to note that you have fully appreciated all of the facilities and amenities on offer in this exclusive area and that you have found the location of the resort to be so convenient. I am especially happy to read that the team have taken extra care in recognizing your husband's birthday and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Patong!

morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
#2 of 331 in Patong
Burasari Resort
Burasari Resort
#6 of 331 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!