Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
$151
$124
MGallery
Great 4.5/5
The KEE Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$122
$75
$221
$130
Very Good 4/5
Patong Paragon Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$70
$41
Very Good 4/5
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
$159
$114
GrandMercure
Great 4.5/5
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Breakfast included
$64
$58
Very Good 4/5
Banthai Beach Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$85
$81
Hotels.com
  • Pool
4,017 results
All reviewsbusakorn wingkids clubbusakorn poolcharm thai restaurantkids suitesam's steakhouseterrazzo restaurantacross the roadkids poolpatong beachpool access villamain poolstudio roomswim up barmini martsun loungersdvd player
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Hospitality:
The check in process was very friendly and we were upgraded to a deluxe seaview room, and also got an early check-in! They have started calling it pool view because and I quote "The trees have grown and now provide only a partial seaview". It was the sweetest explanation we could get. But we had an ample and beautiful view of the sea from the balcony.
Morgan, the manager of the property welcomed us personally, said that he was waiting for our arrival (my wife had spoken to him previously) and saw to it that an Anniversay Cake was sent up to our room the moment we arrived. Could not have asked for a better start to the trip. I am not sure if they do this for all other guests, but we were given complimentary access to the mini-bar, restocked daily! I have one word for you - Singha!
Location:
It's perfect if you want to stay in the heart of the city. 5 min from Patong beach and 5 min from Bangla Road, the busiest party place in Phuket. We only ever needed a vehicle to go to Kata Beach, which is a lot quieter and less crowded. The hotel itself is quiet and relaxing.
Plenty of souvenir shopping and massage places nearby. 7 Eleven bang opposite to help out with anything that the hotel doesn't provide.
Food:
The breakfast was a regular affair, the fresh fruits were almost tree picked. The Thai restaurant is lip-smacking, ended up having 4 meals there. The bar always has some live entertainment in the evening.
Concierge:
The travel desk was most helpful in our sightseeing reservations and provided us with a ton of options and solid recommendations.

We had an amazing trip. We were here for 4 nights and would gladly recommend this property to anyone travelling to Phuket. It was made special with plenty of personal attention being showered on us from the get go. The IHG team is doing a fabulous job.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear "jainz84"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and it really was our absolute pleasure to help in making sure you enjoyed your special celebration holiday and anniversary! Your very kind comments with regards the convenient location, the great breakfast buffet and the high standard of the guest rooms are all very well received and I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had an awesome 3 nights at the Busakorn Wing ground floor studio room. The hotel is in the perfect location to experience Patong in all its glory....the busy market, massage, spa time during the day & the active nightlife. All walkable, we never had to take a taxi. Great room, nice breakfast spread (though a li'l limited for vegetarians, great fruit selection though), pool right outside our room, beach closeby. Great stay...will definitely go there again, maybe with kids in tow :)

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms in the Busakorn wing are close to everything.
2  Thank ShipraBansal

Dear "ShipraBansal"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am really pleased to read that your stay with us has been so enjoyable and I thank you for your comments with regards the convenient location of the resort and the excellent breakfast buffet. Your feedback with regards the selection of vegetarian options is noted and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Every year we say, let's go somewhere else. But, if the wheel ain't broke, don't try to fix it, maxim comes to mind. The Busakorn Wing is fabulous. The pool staff, Joe, Songrat, Meck?, and others make returning guests feel important, but then, hello! New guests, and they extend the same friendly services to them as well!!

We ate ate the Charm Thai, 3 nights out if 14, Room Service once, and at the Terrazzo once. 5 nights of our holiday in house!

That says a lot about the quality of the Hotel food, and pricing. They are more than competitive with outside eating places, but you are certain of the food and hygienic food quality.

We also found that the wine prices( very important! as this is 50 percent of food costs ) at the Holiday Inn are more than reasonable, and comparable to Australian Pricing. And they only charge a small corkage for the special wines you bring over with you.
The breakfast is unbelievable, catering to all tastes.
The Cocktails at the Bar, during Happy Hour are only 110 bht, ( approx $3.50 AUD) and are the reason we ate late every night.
We keep coming back, and we catch up, and meet old customers/friends year after year, and also make new ones.
When inside the Hotel, you feel like you are a million miles from anywhere, then once you leave the Hotel grounds, you are swallowed up in shops. Then go inside the Hotel, and you are back in you oasis.
We will return again next year.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank hazza60

Dear "hazza60"

What a wonderful and kind review, thank you! I am delighted that you continue to receive exceptional service when you stay with us and that you truly feel as part of the family. All of your comments with regards the food, the great value and the service from the team are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share with all concerned. Please do stay in touch when you are planning your next visit and let me know how I can help! Looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights and are very satisified. Rooms are big and clean, with super comfy king bed. The rain shower offers abundant water supply.
We bought the room on line without breakfast. The staff offered us a discount upon check in. We accepted and had no regret. This breakfast buffet was a must-eat. Food ranging from dim-sum, Thai noodle, omelet, Danish pastries, ice-cream & even Bloody Mary is available. All cold food is placed in an air-conditioned room to avoid contemination, very wise !
We had our last night seafood buffet dinner at the hotel. Oysters, sashimi, clams, prawns, a wide range of dessert, pizzas & Thai food only cost only 899++. We were lucky to find 2 seats without reservation. (Turns out it was almost full !)
The hotel is just 45 min drive from Phuket airport. It faces Patong beach & is within 10 min walking distance from the very busy night life there. Money exchange shops, restaurants, foot massage parlours and souvenir shops are everywhere outside the hotel. But you won't feel the hussle & bussle once you enter the hotel.
Oops, I should mention the pool. Main wing pool is small but cozy. Too bad the jacuzzi does not really work. The jets always stop & we could not find any buttons. Maybe there was a timer. Bursakon wing pool is huge & never crowded. We stayed by the pool most of the daytime & never feel boring. To our surprises, there were not many mosquitoes even the place is surrounded by trees & plants.
This hotel is flawless except the wifi. I always lost it even i was in my room. It is really annoying !
We would definitely pick this hotel again when we come back next time. (Hope the wifi would be stronger by then)

1  Thank browniemel

Dear "browniemel"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderfully detailed and positive review! I am genuinely delighted that you have had such a great stay and your comments with regards the high standard of the breakfast buffet, our wonderful seafood dinner experience and the convenient, central location of the resort are all very much appreciated. Your further feedback with regards the jacuzzi and the consistency of the WiFi signal is also well received and I will most certainly look into both of these points further with my team. Please do stay in touch when you are planning your next visit and let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was a lovely hotel, it was very clean and looked almost new. The staff were efficient, they could not be described as either friendly or unfriendly but I believe this has more to do with the language barrier than poor training and it is understandable, English is not their chosen language it is thai and therefore you could not judge the majority of the staff for being unable to converse with you and therefore avoiding starting a conversation altogether. Breakfast was good there was quiet a large selection of food - I was happy with this although I did only purchase breakfast for one morning of my entire stay. We stayed in the hotel for drinks one evening trying to make the most of what was described as Happy Hour the bar staff did not explain anything to us and it turned out none of our drinks (cocktails which were advertised as being included in happy hour) were in fact charged at full price - so a word of advice please ask the bar staff what is and is not included as it seemed not a great deal was included in their version of happy hour.

I had a room overlooking the pool which was quiet and convenient. The pools were beautiful, stayed at the Busakorn Wing and the pool was fairly quiet, the pool in the main wing was also great (you have access to both). The location of the hotel was perfect. You can cross the road from the main hotel wings pool straight to the beach. The sea water was not the clearest in Thailand but the beach/sand was clean and there are plenty of huts where you can purchase cheap fresh and refreshing fruit/drinks - fairly priced. It is a 10 minute walk to the main streets where you can find all sorts of weird and wonderful things. I would suggest booking all trips privately as the hotel adds a premium if it is booked through them (boat trips, elephant trekking and tiger sanctuary) do this privately there are cab services everywhere and you can agree a price before getting in the car.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear "citygirl28"

Thank you for sharing such a constructive and detailed review. I am really pleased that, overall, you have enjoyed your stay in the Busakorn Wing and I appreciate your very positive feedback with regards the convenient location, the hotel facilities in general and the service from the team.

I am very sorry to read that there has been some confusion with regards Happy Hour as, in fact, all drinks receive the 50% discount, the only exception being our monthly cocktail promotion. I will follow up with the bar team to make sure that this is more clearly communicated in future.

With regards the booking of tours and trips, please note that the hotel does not operate this service directly, it is in fact a separate company that operates from within our property. I do agree that there are certainly cheaper options to be found from the various taxis and pavement stalls throughout Patong but it is not uncommon for these operators to ignore safety regulations or schedule or cancel trips with no notice and no refund of deposit payments. Our absolute advice is to use our business partner who has an excellent reputation, complies with all safety regulations and observes a great relationship with our hotel with regards the high standard of service and support provided to our guests at every step of your journey.

Please do stay in touch when you are planning your next visit to Phuket and let me know if there is anything at all with which I may help.