“Amazing Place”

Ranked #4 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Ahmedabad
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It was really great place to stay in Phuket... The resort had provided all the facilities needed, the rooms were pretty clean and view from the room was awesome!!! We spent there four nights and did not face a single problem with anything!!! The staff was equally mannerly and understanding
Thanks a lot Team Holiday Inn, Paton for giving us amazing memories....

Room Tip: Superior rooms are great and if possible ask for Penthouse Suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear "aakuaks"

Thank you for taking the time to share another wonderful review, in addition to that already posted for our Terrazzo Restaurant. I am really happy to read that you have had a great stay with us, that you have not encountered any problems and that you have been well looked after by our team. We hope to see you back again soon!

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at this resort after it was recommended to us, as a platinum club member we were upgraded to a Busakorn Villa and the villa was very well presented but above all the holiday was made even more special by every member of the staff who were all very friendly and always attentive to any needs. We celebrated both our birthdays the week we were there and a cake was brought our room each time. Thanks to all the staff and a big thank you to the head of security for the birthday wishes. Great hotel and even greater staff. Paul & Gina

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear "GoldCoastPaul"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am delighted that you have enjoyed such a memorable birthday celebration with us here in Phuket and that your status as a VIP IHG Rewards Club member has been well recognized. Your comments on the friendly and attentive service from the staff throughout the hotel are very well received, thank you, and I will be sure to share your review with the team. We hope to see you back again soon!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in Jun 2013.We stayed in the busakorn wing, the room were extremely clean,comfortable, the room having tea and coffee with bottle water daily, this is a big hotel has 2 different accommodation areas.Great location just minute walk to the Patong beach where all the activities are, also about 10 minute walk to the big shopping.
We highly recommended this resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joonyl
Dear "joony I"

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us. I am pleased to read that you have found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you have enjoyed the hotel's convenient location and excellent amenities. We hope to see you back again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was forced to cancel my trip last minute however the hotel was so kind to accommodate my reasons, they did not forfeit my money and allow me to postpone my date of stay. I made lots of amendments to my booking but the reservation team never fail to accommodate all my requests.
The location is so convenient, short walk to the Patong beach. Convenient store, pharmacy, shops, restaurants are all nearby. The room is big, clean and comfortable. The breakfast spread is good and delicious. The swimming pool is big and clean.
I also would like to express my gratitude to the team of staffs at the kids club as they even make up for a belated birthday celebration for my son though I've postponed my date. Everything was complimentary from the hotel! They are so thoughtful and sincere. The programmes at kids club are also very interesting which will definitely occupy the kids whole day. I really appreciate their service and hospitality and will definitely come back to this hotel again on my next visit. Thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Serene0612
Dear "Serene0612"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am very happy to read that our team have made such a concerted effort to ensure your booking arrangements were eventually met and that you were able to finally enjoy your holiday with us. Your feedback on the high quality of the breakfast buffet, the kid's club facilities and the staff throughout the hotel is very much appreciated and we hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon

Horsham, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The last time I was in Patong I stayed at Casa Del Ma which was ok but too far out of Patong. A work colleague recommended Holiday Inn Resort and I am so glad she did, it's a fantastic place to stay.

You feel warmly welcomed as soon as you check in. The reception staff all seemed to speak a little English, with some speaking it very well. You are greeted with a smile by everyone, from cleaners to security guards. It's was consistent in the two weeks we stayed and we did not strike one sour face amongst the staff at all. The staff just cannot do enough for you.

The room was thoroughly clean, comfortable and a nice size. I've mentioned in other reviews that Thailand hotels often have terribly hard beds so it was with great joy that we discovered the beds were just perfect and as comfortable as anything.

The bathroom was clean and well stocked with large towels, soaps etc. Our rooms were made up daily and there was nothing to find any fault with as far as cleanliness and restocking of towels, water etc.

Room service was good with reasonably priced generous meals.

The only thing we had trouble with was our Internet, which was down for hours on several occasions and very flaky when it was working. It cut out regularly which was a bit annoying, but it may just be a feature of Thailand Internet generally as we had the same issues at Phuket International Hospital while my friend had surgery there.

The resort grounds are lovely and lush and there are plenty of restaurants to eat at if you don't want to leave the resort. There were a lot of families staying at the hotel and there appeared to be an excellent kids club. The buffet breakfast had a large variety of different food choices.

Overall we were very impressed and would stay again any time. Just a lovely resort and management are to be congratulated on the friendliness and helpfulness of their staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear "Courtcase"

Thank you for your very kind and detailed review and I am really pleased that your first experience with us, on your friend's recommendation, has been such an enjoyable one! Your feedback with regards the cleanliness and comfort of the guest rooms, the quality of the room service food and, i particular, the friendliness of the staff throughout the hotel is very much appreciated and I will share your comments with all concerned. Your feedback with regards the quality of the internet is also well received and you will be pleased to note that this is something that we are actively discussing at the minute.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to return and stay with us again. Please stay in touch and let us know how we can help!

queensland australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

this is a great hotel, good location and great service. kids club, pool bar and good size rooms.stayed for one week and will return for sure.short walk to all attractions but away from the Husserl of town.large pool and game room, nice food as well

Room Tip: all rooms are ok, upgrade to a suite if you can
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear "mazza01_11"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am delighted to note that you and your family have had such a wonderful stay. Your kind comments with regards the convenient location and the high standard of the hotel facilities are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Sydney
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location of this hotel is unbeatable in Patong. We stayed in the Busakorn wing which if you choose to stay at this hotel I highly recommend. Its positive points are cleanliness,free wi-fi in whole wing of hotel, complimentary dvd player, nice rooms with great touches e.g, empty minibar for you to fill as you please, a sign about calling reception for any toiletries you may have forgot etc. these touches made it feel like a home away from home. We were return guests which entitled us to fresh fruit in our room and a night of drinks with senior staff and management. It was nice to meet them and learn a little about them. It must be a good place to work as they are all happy and have had long careers here.The manager Wolfgang commented its great to see three generations of family there as we travelled with family. He seemed very genuine in wanting to do everything to make your stay the best it could be as I heard others complain about various (trivial) things and him attempt to rectify them straight away. The other highlights of this hotel were "the bar" for happy hour and sports channels. The Restaurant on the beach side of the hotel was great, food and staff were fantastic, along with check in/out and the bell boys.
Now for some negatives for this hotel. The last time we stayed here i left with only positives to say. Not much breakfast being available till 20 mins after breakfast start time which affected, us as we had a trip booked and wanted to slip in a quick 15 min (pre booked and payed for, for the entire stay for two) buffet breakfast. Had to ask 3 times to get the pancake machine on and i'm not a fussy eater or unreasonable, the options were cereal then 5 to ten mins later bread, then slowly the other things. Still no pancakes, which is a self serve machine, no eggs or bacon at all and many other empty trays by the time we left. Should all be out at 630 as other hotels breakfast starts at 6. Breakfast selection later in the morning was fantastic. No other complaints for the rest of our stay.
Most the staff are excellent especially check inn/out, Terrazzo (the friendliest), Sea Breeze, the cleaners and The Bar but most other areas were not as friendly to us. I feel that some of the staff cater better older couples and kids more than young couples with no kids. An example of this is on our seventh day there a life guard went around the pool saying hello to everyone with a bow and walked straight past us even though I gave him a wave, this was the morning after he had randomly came to me in the pool and asked me if I was actually staying at the hotel and then followed by what room. Mustn't be watching the pool too well, as at times I was one of four people in it.This made us feel unwelcome. The hotel was not busy enough to pass it off as there’s a lot of people. This same lifeguard had already told me off for eating over the side of the pool, yet not others. Lastly he maybe should stop people (old teenagers) throwing the ball in the pool from one side to another which at times hit people relaxing on the side of the pool. Its a shame as the other lifeguard was nice.
Overall , This hotel was excellent and we enjoyed our stay! Probably will look at other options next time we are in Phuket but wont write this one off as it is a great resort.

Room Tip: Definately the busakorn wing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt and Koby A
Dear "Matt and Koby A"

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed and constructive feedback with us and, while your overall stay has been enjoyable, I am sorry that you have not experienced the same high standard of service as on previous visits. It is great to note that you found the guest rooms and amenities to be of such a high standard and that you have been so well treated by the staff in general, but in particular in the restaurants and The Bar.

I do apologize that in some areas, specifically the poolside, the level of attentive service from the team was not to the same standard as in other areas and I will certainly look into this further with the manager of this area. Likewise, with regards the breakfast preparation, you are correct that everything should be available by 06:30 and, again, I will personally follow up on this detail. Balancing pool safety with fun remains a challenging priority for us, and your comments in this regard are well received, thank you.

I do hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Phuket, on the basis (as you have highlighted in your review) that we not only take customer feedback seriously, but also always try our best to take quick action. Please stay in touch when you are planning your next trip and let us know how we can help in ensuring all of your reservation requirements are fully met and that you are well looked after during your stay.

Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!