“great stay”

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have just returned from Phuket and stayed in the holiday inn Busakorn wing in a pool view villa room. This is our third trip to Phuket and we have stayed in the holiday inn each time. The resort is excellent and the service is great. I got sick from something I ate on the plane and so I was sick for the first two days of the trip. The hotel was excellent and got a doctor to come and see me.
My wife had a birthday whilst we were there and they sent a cake to the room. It is the small touches like the ones I have listed that make the difference.
The hotel staff are friendly and welcoming and always make an effort to be friendly and positive. Even when faced with rude people I never saw them get angry or show frustration. We will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn in Phuket again in the future.

Room Tip: Busakorn rooms are much quieter than the main hotel with less children, good for couples or friends...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike R
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear "Mike R"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am really pleased you have had yet another enjoyable stay with us in one of our Villa rooms. It is especially great to note that the staff have taken such good care of you when you were ill and in celebrating your wife's birthday, and your feedback in this regard is especially appreciated. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the team here at the hotel and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having stayed here for the last 3 years I have to say it's the best hotel in patong,they go out of there way to please you,the hotel is spotless the staff are very friendly,always acknolage you with a smile ,the rooms are spacious,clean and well kept the housekeepers work very hard and I always tip them when I'm leaving,the restraunts are reasnably cheap and the food is exceptional in all of them they cater for every one.we were invited to the managers cocktail party that was a nice jester as returning guest we really enjoyed that and also me the manager Morgan he was lovely and very accommodating ,would also like to add when we checked in the reception staff were also very accommodating thank you holiday inn for making our stay relaxing and einjoyable we will be back for sure.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank wendyNorthWalesUk
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear "wendyNorthWales"

Thank you for your very positive review on your recent stay. I really appreciate your detailed and kind comments on the cleanliness throughout the hotel, the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. I am especially pleased that you enjoyed your evening at the Management Cocktail Party and I hope that we will have the opportunity to meet again on your next visit to Patong.

Please do stay in touch and let us know if there is ever anything with which we can help!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I'm so happy to see that the Holiday Inn monitor tripadvisor comments so Mr Layberry (sp?) may be able to comment on the following interconnecting door/noise issue. I have to say that the Holiday Inn and especially The Busakorn Wing is my favourite place in the world for a truly relaxing holiday.

One comment I read amongst these reviews is the problem with noise from rooms on the other side of interconnecting doors. This is something that I have experienced and the Holiday Inn had an expert way of dealing with it. I don't know if they still do this or if it is a common Hotel solution but when we mentioned this problem some years ago, housekeeping promptly attended and inserted a thick foam sheet between the doors ... problem solved.

Keep up the good work you lovely people at the Holiday Inn Phuket.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank janpiro
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear "janpiro"

Thank you for providing such a detailed and overall positive review. The fact that noise does sometimes travel between interconnecting rooms is a genuine and on-going concern. There are, as you have mentioned, some "quick fix" options that we are able to implement if required, but we will also be looking closely at some more permanent and long-term sound proofing solutions as we plan for future room renovation projects.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you in particular for your kind comments on the staff which I willl share with the team here at the hotel.

We hope to see you back again soon. Please stay in touch and let me know if there is anything at all with which I can be of assistance.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at this resort for 6 nights in March. The location is very central and within walking distance to the major shopping centre and nightlife, saying that it is far enough away from Bangla Road for it not to be in your face too much... especially good if you have kids.

I loved the fact that this resort has a bar and restaruant that faces the main beach road. I felt comfortable being able to have my child in the kids club (which my daughter LOVED) whilst still enjoying some adult time and taking in the streetscape without leaving the resort.

The foods was fantatic. I have travelled to several asia countries and I have to say that this resorts meals, both traditional Thai and western foods are great. The breakfast selection was vast and fresh.

My only 2 criticisms woud be that the cleaniness of the pool bathrooms, they need more attention and that I was unaware prior to arriving that guests of the main wing were not welcome to use the daybeds around the pool that has the swim up pool bar. I think this either should be changed or made more upfront in the marketing.

Overall, great and I would highly recommend this resort and I will be planning to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room as you can hear the kids running around upstairs from the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear "anraeel"

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us and I am really pleased that you and your family have had such an enjoyable stay, especially with regards the kid's facilities, restaurants and the breakfast buffet. Your comments with regards the cleanliness of the poolside toilets and the access to the Busakorn Wing swimming pool are very well received, thank you.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again. Please stay in touch and let us know if there is ever anything with which we can help!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I would like to thank Tony and all his staff for a great night we had at his restaurant. The service was first class,the food was the best we had in Patong.We have been going to Phuket since 1995 and this resort is still the best.It is in a prime location and we can not fault the facilities or the staff I would highly recomend it to anybody.
Again i would like to thank Tony and his staff.We dined with a very special friend (Chi) and the evening was just perfect.

Room Tip: Do your homework before you book.All rooms are excelent but soom offer better views than others
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear "PatrickH636"

Thank you for your very kind review of both the hotel and, especially, Terazzo restaurant. I am really pleased that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us and I will be sure to share your very poitive feedback with Tony and his team!

We hope to se you all back again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is our 4th stay at this resort and it has everything you need.
Location is great you walk out the front of the resort, cross the road and you are on the beach. a pool in each wing of the Hotel and a kids pool if you are taking them with you.
Dining and shopping at both the front and back entrance of the Hotel.
Wolfgang, the General Manager has been in place since we first went to The Holiday Inn and it shows his efforts of service are kept at a high standard.
Breakfast is excellent and Sams steak house is a must. Staff are excellent and like to have a joke with you if you are willing.
One of my favourite things about the room is they have no Mini Bar. Wierd you might think but what they have is a fridge for you to put your drinks and food you buy from their mini mart down stairs which is the same price as any of the mini marts or 7 Elevens outside the resort. Smart business by them and no expensive Mini Bar bill for you.
We will be back

If you want a day away from Patong Beach head down to Karon Beach, it cost 400 Baht one way and takes about 10-15 minutes by Tuk Tuk. Much nicer beach to swim in than Patong Beach. Less going on too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Homegrowen
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear "Homegrowen"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am really pleased that after 4 stays with us that you are still delighted and that our standards have remained consistently high. Your kind comments with regards Sam's, the breakfast buffet and, especially, the service from the staff throughout the hotel are very much appreciated and we hope to see you back again soon for another stay!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

A highly recommended hotel on Phuket Island situated amognst the throng of activity at Patong Beach. Extremely welcoming staff who remained friendly throughout the two weeks we were there. Three restaurants within the complex were very good with prices no dearer than other eating places along the beachfront.

Our room had a massive bed (big enough for 4 people!) with the bed linen and bathroom towels being changed every day and the balcony looked out over the busy town. Breakfast was very impressive and although self-service it was never to busy with everything, and I mean everything, you cvould have wanted to eat or drink.

With a tree enclosed swimming pool and plenty of sun loungers together with a good bar service (hot food as well) it is easy to understand why many people stayed by the pool all day.

While we were there it was my partner's birthday and the management delivered her a lovely birthday cake to our room - nice touch!

Room Tip: Leave to the lovely people at the check-in desk
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ebbajohn

Dear "Ebbajohn"

Thank you for another very kind and detailed review and it is great to note that have enjoyed not only our restaurants but also your stay in the hotel. I am really pleased that you appreciated the room and the pool facilities, and your comments with regards the quality of the breakfast buffet and the friendly service from the staff throughout the hotel are very gratefully received.

We hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn resort Phuket. Please stay in touch and let us know if there is ever anything with which we can help.

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
#2 of 331 in Patong
Burasari Resort
Burasari Resort
#5 of 331 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!