“outstanding Resort”

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 327 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 26, 2013

what a hotel, this is the best choice for anyone who wish to enjoy in Patong, the location of this hotel amazing , there are three entrance , one will lead you to the beach and near shopping areas the other one will lead you to Jungceylon shopping mall and the shopping area , the third entrance is the main loopy. the location will give many things , all the restaurants and supermarket , currency exchange are 2 minutes walking only, the security offices are available 24/24 near any exist and inside the Resort.

the hotel have 2 open swimming pools and health club for adults and two pools for kids and a kids club. there is a third pool for adult but only for the villa residences. The hotel is not allowing any one from outside to use the pools for fee , the pools are only for the resort residence.
they have amazing restaurants , the breakfast was extremely nice and many dishes, the dinner we try one time the sea food buffet which was fine for 1000 BHT .

most of the staff are helpful and smiling always, the bell boy in the main loopy helped us to get a kind of plant that we are looking for and he delivered to us at the checkout time even before we remind him about it.
the staff are really professional and they want to assist and help you, the swimming pool area staff are friendly and want to make you happy.

the check inn was fast and check out also, as loyalty member I got late check-out free of charge.

the room from inside was very nice and extremely huge , they are providing you with what you need.
the air condition performance was excellent , the balcony was with a view on the main swimming room which was fanatics. the TV have many English channels also some Arabic channels .
the housekeeping services were excellent.

The hotel have three building , one in the middle for villas the other one near the main swimming pool , the third one is near the main loopy

if I will go to Phuket again I will stay here again and will recommend my friends to go there , this was our second time In Phuket but first time in this Resort, we really enjoyed our time there , the hotel is kids friendly , easy walking and accessible from all entrance.

I’m sure you will not regart when you are trying this hotel.

Thanks Again to Holliday Inn Resort
Tips: there are a new Holliday inn express hotel in Patong Beach so please when you book be sure that your are booking in the Resort in the Patong Beach as there also other Resort for holiday inn in Phuket but not in Patong Beach.

Room Tip: take a room with a view on main swimming pool we like it.
2  Thank advocatez
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear "advocatez"

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased that you have had a great time with us and I really appreciate your very positive comments on the pool facilities, the comfort of the rooms, the great job done by our housekeeping team, the quality of the restaurants and the high standard of service from all of the staff throughout the hotel.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything with which I can help.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in the Busakon wing which was much quieter and a great pool. The service was excellent and food great. Close all shopping in Patong. Only disappointment was when we arrived we were given an upgrade which I thought was great until we were taken to the main wing out of the Busakon wing and told we wouldnt be able to access the Busakon pool. I demanded our original room and glad we did as the Busakon area is great.

2  Thank Junkyard17

Dear "Junkyard17"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am pleased to read that overall you have have had an enjoyable stay and were happy with your room in the Busakorn Wing. Thank you also for your kind comments about the quality of the food and the service from the staff and I will be sure to share your review with the team here at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn resort Phuket.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was our first time to Thailand and we were pretty apprehensive when we arrived. Stayed for 6 nights in main wing in February 2013. All I can say is wow - from start to finish this hotel exceeded our expectations. We received a very warm welcome. Room was lovely with personal touches (orchids on pillows etc.) Very clean and comfortable. Pool area was very nice. Breakfast had really good selection including thai and american. Staff were very friendly and knowledgable - they even had staff helping guests cross the busy road to Patong beach. If you want to be closer enough to banglar road and heart of patong but close enough away to get a decent nights sleep this is the hotel for you. It was the nicest hotel we saw in Patong. Would genuinely highly recommend. P.s. it was my birthday when I was there and they left a cake with my name iced on top - a lovely suprise.

2  Thank 123hannahh

Dear "123hannahh"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is great to read that you have had a very enjoyable stay with us and your kind comments with regards the cleanliness of the guest rooms, the pool facilities, the breakfast buffet selection and, in particular, the service from the staff are very gratefully received and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We are staying at the Holiday Inn at the moment. Having been here in the Main wing for 5 days now, I have an overall feel for the place. We have stayed in a few 5* hotels in our time, and this one is not up to the same standards. The rooms are ok but are looking very tired, with drab furniture and bathrooms which have seen better days. We were in a superior room until Saturday and have now moved into a family room with our grandsons. This room is the same as the previous one, with an additional adjoining bedroom decked out for kids. It is a nice room with 2 pirate beds (a big hit!) flat screen tv, DVD player, and an Xbox.
My gripe about this set up is the size of the bathroom - there is a small sink and a shower which makes the floor puddly, and with the loo in it as well it leads to lots of problems. Overall very small for a family. And why oh why do they have a section of wall that slides across so that you can see into the bathroom from the bedroom? Not ok in a family room, especially with mischievous little (and not so little) people around.
There is plenty of bottled water provided in the rooms.
The Kids Club is closed for renovations until 3rd March which is annoying. They are running it from a windowless room off the foyer instead, and it isn't a good substitute. Disappointed they didn't warn us when we were booking.The kids pool is good for kids up to 10yo or so, with a reasonable slide, waterfalls, and organised games like water polo in the afternoon. It is not overly large so easy to keep track of the littlies.
The main pool is also interesting for everyone, with features which kids like - small pool leading into big pool, steps, etc. We spend time at both pools, but feel at the kids pool it is easier to relax on our sunloungers, as they have a lifeguard on duty too. There is no swim up bar in the main pool, but there's one at the Bukasorn wing pool. This is the adults pool, and they discourage kids from going there. Drinks service around the main pool is a bit hit and miss. A most annoying thing which the hotel is trying to stop is sunloungers being "held" by guests slinging towels on them. Two next to us were "taken" but the two culprits (women) did not appear from 9.30 am until 2pm. Presumably they had been shopping. They had left German magazines on one of the loungers, but spoke with broad Aussie accents. Shame on you.
The hotel is well situated for markets and restaurants, and if you don't mind taking your life in your hands, for the beach also. It is right across the busy Beach Rd from the gate at the back of the hotel to the beach. It is a public beach and to hire two sun lounges and an umbrella costs 200 baht for however long you want them. Holiday Inn provides you with the pool towels you can take to the beach with you.
Breakfast is ok, with all the usual selection from a hotel at the upper end of the market. Coffee and tea are serve yourself from a machine - not 5* service in my book!
The buffet on Thursday nights is very good value - it's Asian and Indian cuisine and costs about A$20 per head. Other evenings are much more expensive and so we eat out for about $5 - $10 each with drinks. We love Thai food and so we haven't tried Sam's steakhouse or the Italian restaurant within the hotel.
Happy hour in the foyer bar is very well worth a visit, with (full strength) cocktails for 140 baht.
At other times, most people go across the road to the 711 to stock up on cheap drinks to put in the fridge. Incidentally, the fridges are totally empty on arrival, apart from bottled water. I was gasping for a cuppa when we first arrived, but there wasn't even any little plastic containers of long life milk in the fridge, just sachets of dairy Crema powder. Another black mark from me!
A big advantage, which a lot of the 5* hotels could emulate, is the free wi-if. We stayed at Le Meridien in Khao Lak, and the Sheraton Laguna in Nusa Dua last year, and both hotels charged like a wounded bull for wi-fi.
The service is very good with friendly charming staff all over the hotel, and the room maids do a great job of keeping the rooms clean and tidy.
Overall, this is a fairly decent hotel for families, but not one I would stay in if it were just myself and my husband. I think for the price we are paying, we could do better.

2  Thank mctKalmundaWA

Dear "mctKalmundaWA"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and constructive review with us - it is always very much appreciated when our guests are considerate enough to highlight their positive experiences and not only the areas in which improvements could be made.

Your kind comments with regards the service from the staff, in particular housekeeping, the quality of the dinner buffets and the happy hour at the bar are very well received. It is also great to read that, overall, you and your family have enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the kid's facilities (including in the family suite room), the convenient location of the hotel and the complimentary WiFi offered throughout. You will be pleased to know that later this year we will be starting a refurbishment of our Main Wing guest rooms, and while we cannot make the bathrooms larger, you will see a very fresh and vibrant new look to the rooms on your next visit.

Your feedback with regards the inconsistent poolside service and the policy on sunlounger reservation are well received, thank you, and I will follow up with the team accordingly. I am also sorry that the temporary closure of our kid's club was not better communicated to you, but I am sure you will be pleased with the new design when you next stay.

One final point in relation to your feedback on certain other elements which you considered not to be of a 5 star standard. We are, as a hotel and as a brand, not intended to be "5 star" but rather we aim to deliver a consistent, high quality, 4 star experience with particular consideration to families and kids. I am pleased that you have recognized that we have delivered this well as we also believe that we do an excellent job in delivering a truly great 4 star experience.

We hope to see you back again soo at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything with which I can be of assistance.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in the main wing for 6 nights.the staff are superb in every way and really made the stay a delight. The breakfasts are excellent and we dined in the hotel every night because it was so good. Location outstanding with easy beach access where we spent most days and is not far to walk around the town. There is even a guy to help you cross the street to the beach. Room was fine and housekeeping do a good job and we had no complaints at all.overall presentation is very very good.

Dear "trezonarunner"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. It is great to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay and wer happy with the rooms and the hotel facilities. Your comments with regards the quality of the food in the restaurants, the breakfast buffet and, in particular, the service from our staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with the team here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great feel, lovely large rooms with superb beds. Beautiful pools and super friendly staff. This is my third stay over the past 8 years and its just as good as ever. It might not be the newest hotel in Patong, but you can't fault the location.

Room Tip: I prefer the Bukason wing with rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear "Wilsonau"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is always great to receive positive feedback from repeating guests and it is reassuring to hear that we have been able to maintain our high standards consistently over such a period of time. Your very kind comments with regards the super friendly staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon - please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything with which we can help.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in a ground floor room in the Busakorn Wing with our 7 year old daughter. I was so pleased with our choice. The room was huge & they converted the little couch into a single bed for our daughter. As we were on the groud floor we were able to walk straight off our little balcony into the pool area.

We the food at the Hotel is fantastic, we dined at Charm Thai & Sams Steak House while we were there & the were both great. I was especially impressed with Sam's. Although it is expensive for Phuket standards it was still great value. The food was so good & the service first class. It was also the little things at Sams that made the dinner. We were given complimentry starters & sorbet between entree & main. We also we given a little dessert which was so tasty & it came out smoking. Very impressive. We also use the seaview cafe for lunch in the main wing which was great because kids ate for free!! There is also a bar outside Sams which we frequented & had yummy bar snacks & jugs of Mojitos!!

The breakfast in the Busakorn wing was also very good (the best breakfast buffet I've had in Phuket) they even had vegemite which made my stay!!

Because we were travelling with our daughter she used the kids club & was really happy there. She got to order her lunch & sign for it and charge it to our room & they had a Chinese New Year party where all the kids got dressed up in Chinese costume. The only down side about the kids club is there is no outside play area for the children unless you would like to supervise them yourself.

I used the spa with my friend one time (buy one get one half price & they split the cost to our 2 rooms) and the other time with my husband as a valentines special. Both were great, can recommend the Hot Stone Massage.

My only negative comments are that there was no Happy hour in the Busakorn Wing which ment quite a walk to the other side of the resort so we never bothered. Also the wifi is terrible & slow. Also I hate how in resorts in Phuket the prices are in nett so taxes are added on after (+ 10 % + 7% so it adds up). It makes it very hard to work out exactly what you are paying. Our previous resort had the prices listed including tax which was so much better.

Room Tip: Busakorn Wing has lovely rooms & the better pool!!
7  Thank Lauren C
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear "Lauren C"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review of your recent stay. It is great to read that overall you and your family have had such an enjoyable stay with us in the Busakorn Wing. Your comments with regards the general hotel facilities, the quality of the breakfast buffet and your wonderful experiences in our restaurants, in particular Sam's, are very much appreciated. It is also great to note that your daughter enjoyed the Kid's Club and that you were able to find some time to relax in the Aspara Spa. Your feedback with regards the Happy Hour, the WiFi speed and the pricing is very well received and I will discuss these points further with the team here at the hotel.

We do hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance.

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 327 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!