“Busakorn Wing”

Ranked #4 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Busakorn Wing”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel the last 2 Years and have found the Rooms overlooking the Pool are superb.Privacy is ideal with your own swim up bar.Our room had the Pool on your doorstep.The weather was warm so we enjoyed a fantastic holiday. I even got a cake for my birthday!

Room Tip: Choose a room where you can enter the Pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill12_13
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear "Bill12_13"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is great to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us in one of our villa rooms and I am really glad that our team has looked after you so well on your birthday! We look forward to seeing you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please keep in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying in the Busakorn Wing Studio Pool view for our 3rd time now.
This resort just keeps getting better and better.

The resort facilities are incredible. The large Busakorn wing pool is beautiful and the staff around the pool and pool bar are so friendly, welcoming and always up for a chat. There is also a smaller pool at the back that is quieter and super relaxing.
The pools are cleaned every morning and the grounds are very well kept. One problem I have found is that guests staying in the main wing come and use the Busakorn wing pool chairs and by 10am most of the chairs are all taken. This needs to be better enforced by staff because the we pay extra to stay in this wing and shouldn't be left without sun loungers because of main wing guests.
The Busakorn wing is also meant to be quieter than the main wing but some guests do not respect this and staff should also enforce this more with signage and telling guests when they are being too loud.
There is a kids pool in the main wing for a reason!!

The buffet breakfast is huge and has a load of variety with something for everyone. The staff here aren't quite as friendly as the pool guys but this is something small that management will work on no doubt.

The rooms are cleaned twice daily and are always spotless! Only problem I have found is that because there are no fly wires on the doors I get bitten by Mosquitos almost every night and even though staff spray the rooms on request somehow it doesn't seem to help. I guess this happens at most hotels in tropical climates though.
Some hotel guests do not know how to keep quiet in corridors and yell and scream at 6am. This shouldn't be tolerated!! Not when other guests are trying to sleep. It's not respectful at all and there should be signs or staff somehow enforcing this.

The location of this hotel is in my opinion the best in Patong. It is located between beach road and Rat-u-thit road. It's walking distance to Bangla road (less than 10 mins) and Jungceylon plaza. So it isn't too noisy, but its still close enough to everything. And it's right opposite the Otop markets!

The gym is quite small and can get full quickly with only two treadmills and no bench press or back machines.

Sams steakhouse is by far the best restaurant in Patong. And probably the best steak house we have ever been to (even in Australia). It's a little more pricey than most but it is definitely worth it. Treat yourself!!

The Terrazzo restaurant has great Italian food but found the service here a little slow and takes awhile to get drinks for some reason.

The fact that there is no mini bar in your fridge is a fantastic idea because it leaves space for the stuff that you want plus there is a mini bar shop in the main wing that is cheap and has most things you'll need.

The gift shop across from the mini bar in the main wing is horrible. Every time I have been in the staff are so rude and it is overly priced. I think it's unnecessary and could be used as a main wing gym instead! This way it would free up the Busakorn wing gym! And could make it so that you need to swipe in to gain acess,Just an idea!

All in all I really love this place which is why my partner and I continue to return.
Special mention to Mr Morgan Layberry the assistant manager of this hotel for being so customer orientated! He will go out of his way to do whatever he can to make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one. His attention to detail is outstanding and if you have any concerns he is sure to help you out. You are not just a room number to him.

If you stay here once I can almost guarantee you'll be back! It's great!!!!

Thanks again to all the pool guys for your smiling faces every morning :-)

Eve and Mert!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank BohemianBeauty
Dear "BohemianBeauty"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very detailed and constructive feedback on your stay. It is really great to read that you have enjoyed almost every aspect of your stay with us and your kind comments with regards the breakfast buffet, Sam's Steakhouse, the standard of housekeeping and the friendliness of the pool staff are very gratefully received.

Your further comments with regards the reservation of the sun-loungers, and the noise made by kids at the Busakorn Wing and guests checking out early are also well noted. You are correct that this does need to be controlled, and while we cannot (unfortunately!!!) be responsible for the poor behavior of certain guests, we will continue to try to manage these situations as best we can.

Once again, it is great to note that you have had, overall, another enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back again soon. Please keep me as a direct point of contact and let me know if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My family, husband and 2 boys have stayed at HI three times and every time it exceeds our expectaions. The Hotel staff from the moment you arrive are exceptional - friendly, attentive and very well trained. From the secuirity gaurds, cleaners, chefs, receptionists and even the delightful waiters nothing seems to be too much of a problem. The selection of food in all restaurants is outstanding our family favourite being the Terrazzo. We ended up having six meals out of 15 in this one restaurant as we kept choosing different things on the menu.You can't believe the amazing atmosphere sitting having a cocktail, having a great meal and watching the fire works go off! My kids can't stop talking about all the different experiences in HI. We were invited to the cocktail party which was brilliant and we connected with families from all over the word, had photoes and exchanged emails. The location cannot be better as HI is very centeralized to everything. Morgan Layberry is a credit to this Hotel, from walking around the resort and always stopping to greet and talk to guests. That special touch that made us feel very welcome again. My husband and I even had a drink with him and just chatted about LIFE! Were else would you get that. One thing that I feel needs to be mentioned is the outstanding staff in the kids pool. My boys absolutely loved all the games and we would sometimes plan our day around the activities. We have already booked for next year and I'm counting the days until our return. Thanks again and we would highly recommend this Hotel if you want that special touch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tot4
Dear "tot4"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am really please that you have had (another!!!) great stay with us. Your comments with regards the quality of the restaurants and the service from the staff throughout the hotel but, in particular, at the Kid's Club are very much appreciated and I will personally ensure that your feedback is shared and celebrated by all concerned.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon. Please keep me as a direct point of contact and let me know if there is ever anything with which I can be of assistance.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed with family in Jan for a week and had our wedding there during that week.

The hotel has two wings, the Main Wing and the more exclusive Busakorn Wing. We stayed in the Main Wing and used the beautiful Busakorn pool whenever we chose to.

We got married at the Busakorn jacuzzi pool which is a most lovely setting.

The hotel is well located. It is just across the road from Patong beach and right in the heart of the shopping district. It has four restaurants and we ate at all of them. We much enjoyed the buffets, particularly the breakfasts. Charm Thai was lovely and Sam's has wonderful for wagyu beef steaks. The only one that was disappointing was the outdoor Italian restaurant.

The staff are very professional and could not have been more helpful. The GM, Wolfgang, reservations manager Premjit and restaurant manager Prapa were fantastic on helping us organise our wedding. No request was too much for them and their assistance was much appreciated.

The rooms are very nice, modern and clean.

We spent a few late nights listening to live music in the bar which was a nice, lazy way to end the evenings.
We would definitely stay again if in Patong.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have ocean views but there are some with pool views which might be nice. We just a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear "lalikini"

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us and we are really pleased that your stay with us and, especially your poolside wedding, have been so memorable. Your kind comments with regards the hotel facilities in general, the quality of the restaurants and the breakfast buffet and the great service from Premjit and the rest of the hotel staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with everyone at the hotel.

We hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perhaps for your anniversary, and in the meantime please let us know if there is anything with which we can help.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was a choice between Le Meridian or Holiday Inn....But the location of Holiday Inn pretty much seals it.

On arrival, the appearance was not impressive at all...I had made a mental note not to expect too much and have to keep reminding myself not compare it with the other 5 star resorts we had stayed before.

The room we were given (the kids suite) was located at the far end of a long corridor. It was no view to boast about, infact it was facing the carpark of the hotel. I however much appreciate the location after realizing that the centrally located rooms have to put up with the noise from the lounge at the ground level every evening till late night.

The size of the room was really good, the concept was ingenious by separating the kids and parents with a simple partition and having a bunk bed complete with Xbox and tv for them. The wall paper however was torn on the upper deck. We found out why later (there is a face of an angry looking pirate staring at the kid when they lie down in bed).

The free wifi service through out the hotel was a good touch. However they could reconsider standardizing the SSID throughout the hotel as I had to search and reconnect the connection while moving from zone to zone in the hotel.

The breakfast was good. Selection was impressive, but topping up of food could do with better efficiency. The kids could gobble down their food and run off to the pool while parents continue sipping their tea while keeping an eye on the kids.

Location of the hotel is faultless, with everything within walking distance. The beach side street was however very busy, so care should be taken when crossing it with your kids.

The highlight of the entire stay is definitely the Kids Club!! It stands out so much that all other flaws can easily be overlooked. The facilities for kids in this resort is really amazing, kids eat for free, kids themed rooms, superb kids club which would put all other resorts to shame!!

I must really give my utmost compliments to "Tom" from the kids club. He is responsible for making this the most memorable holiday for my 2 boys. He plays games with the kids at the kids pool area. Popsicles were given to winners of the games and he even brought his own Pokemon figurines to give out to the little guests!! He actually establish some kind of relationship with the kids and made the effort to remember my boys by their first names. His enthusiasm and pride in his work really shines. I hope that the management of the hotel is reading this. Tom really deserves to be duly rewarded for his exemplary work done.

The kids were having so much fun that they refuse to leave the kids pool area!

Room Tip: The rooms at the northern end are much quieter, though it may be further to walk to and does not off...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Clarence C
Dear "AsiaTravellerAsia"

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive and detailed feedback with us. It is great to read that, overall, you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us and your comments with regards the Kid's Suite, the breakfast buffet and, in particular, the Kid's Club are very greatly appreciated. I will most definitely make sure that both Tom and his manager, Judy, receive a copy of your review and I will share all of your comments with my colleagues here at the hotel.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything with which we can help.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful week in one of the best hotels we, as a couple, have ever experienced.The facilities were superb - our room was spacious,spotless and beautifully maintained; the hotel services were responsive and prompt; the variety and quality of the hotel's three restaurants, Terrazzo, Charm Thai and Sam's Steakhouse were hugely impressive; the breakfasts were fantastic and catered for every taste and palate; the hotel grounds and swimming pools were particularly attractive and inviting and the spa was really gorgeous; the daily activities on offer, particularly for the children, were well planned and organised; and of course being just across the road from the beautiful Patong Beach was an added bonus.
The most impressive feature, however, was the welcoming, accommodating and enthusiastic approach taken by the staff and management towards meeting their customer's needs, which set a whole new standard for other hotels to match. Our overall experience was so enjoyable that at times we were reluctant to leave the hotel to enjoy the many other attractions on offer in Patong itself.
Once again, thank you very much to all the staff at every level for looking after us so well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear "Jayne L"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review. It is really great to read that we have been able to meet (and exceed!) your expectations at every point of your stay, and your kind comments with regards the friendly and professional service from our staff are very much appreciated. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team here at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket!

Pingelly
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We are currently staying in the Busakorn Wing in the pool access villas - they are terrific, private and extremely comfortable. It is our second stay in 4 years, after after trying other hotels in both Kata and further south we have very much decided that Patong and in particular the Holiday Inn are for us. I have heard others say that once you have stayed here it is difficult to go anywhere else. This is exactly how we feel.

The other thing I want to say is how refreshing it is to see the GM, Morgan wandering around speaking to guests during the day. In some hotels the GM is just a name on the plate above the door, you never actually see them, but although we have not spoken to him ourselves, he is definitely about the resort.

I am planning our 2014 trip already!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beambine6308
Dear "beambine6308"

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback with us and I am really pleased to read that you are enjoying your stay in the villa rooms! It is really my pleasure to walk through the resort and chat with our guests and I hope I have the opportunity to speak with you in the next few days! In any case, please feel free to keep me as a direct point of contact when you are finalizing the details of your trip next year and let me know how I can be of assistance.