“2013 vacation”

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I wanted to write a second review of the Holiday Inn, Phuket to share my recent experience.
Again we stayed in the Busakorn wing and other family in the main wing.
My stay was good with all the usual refinements of a good room and breakfast, which my family staying in the main wing was permitted to own us, this was good.
The negatives I have to write about really disappointed me. I had a severe bout of gastro and when contacted the reception around 10 pm Saturday evening was told no doctor was available or on call and they were of no help at all. Given my personal health circumstances this was extremely disappointing to have no help from the staff, especially considering they advertise they hse a clinic and doctor facilities. Peak season I would have thought they would at the very least have someone on call. The other annoying thing was that in the lobby when we requested a taxi, none of the drivers waiting I Netherlands lobby would take the fare and we had to walk the street to find someone to take us an hour to Phuket town to the hospital, in my view the hotel should have told them to beat it if they were picking and choosing fares, notwithstanding we gave the guy who took is a good tip. Finally the hotel should ban smoking around the pool and where people are eating.

As much as I normally enjoy the Holiday Inn, I was disappointed this time.

Room Tip: Recommend Busakorn wing, main wing noisy at night.
4  Thank Trev007
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear "Trev007"

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. I am pleased that overall your stay was enjoyable, but I am sincerely sorry that circumstances regarding your illness were handled less than adequately.

As you have mentioned, we do have a nurse from the local hospital present in the hotel every day, and outside of this time the hospital can send a doctor on request to the hotel for consultation, although personal visits do carry a substantial charge (by the hospital, not by the hotel) and I am sorry if this was not clearly communicated to you.

With regards the taxis in the street outside of the hotel, I am afraid that the hotel unfortunately has no influence over which drivers are stationed here or how they manage their business, but I do feel that our team could have offered greater assistance in helping you secure transport to the hospital and again, I am sorry that this was not the case.

I do appreciate that you have highlighted this incident and I will review the details with the team here at the hotel to ensure that in future we are able to manage similar situations more positively. Your comments with regards designated smoking areas are duly noted.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your review and I do hope that we will see you back again at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please feel free to keep me as a personal point of contact and, in the meantime, let me know if there is anything else with which I can help.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,885)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed in the holiday inn patong with two young children age 3 and 5, fantastic is all I can say. The kids club and staff ( including babysitters) were brilliant, our kids did not want to leave and made great friends. We found all the hotel staff (and I mean all ) to be exceptionally friendly. I wish I had taken note of their names. All of the restaurants were great and staff could not do enough to help in any way they could. Great holiday for us, been to thailand many times before having children and the kids club allowed us to revisit some of our old haunts. I would highly recommend this hotel if travelling with children. Rooms great...and we had two different rooms as we stayed for over two weeks, pools all fantastic, can't recommend it highly enough. Fab. Kids suite is brilliant :)

Room Tip: Kids suite great, children have their own sectioned off area with bunk beds, pirate design and x box...
1  Thank Davy492
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear "Davy492"

Thank you for your very kind and detailed feedback. It is great to read that you and your family have had such an enjoyable stay and especially liked the Kid's Suite and all of the of the kid's facilities. Your comments with regards the quality of the restaurants and, in particular, the service from our staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with the team here at the hotel!

We hope to see you all back again soon at Holiday Inn resort Phuket!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Holiday Inn Patong Phuket, The Hotel is at Excellent Location.
We stayed at Busakorn Wing, it is relatively newer than Main Wing and is more quiet.
We were given room on the ground floor with direct access to pool.
They have excellent pool area and nice breakfast. Their Italian Restaurant by the beach is also nice.
Would recommend this Hotel.

3  Thank mittallgauraav

Dear "mittallguaraav"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am really pleased to read that you liked your room in the Busakorn Wing and that you enjoyed the pool facilities, restaurants and the breakfast buffet. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My previous two stays at the Holiday Inn have been in the Busakorn wing.But this time we decided to stay in the Main Wing.I had booked almost 8 months ahead for our stay from the 22nd December to the 29th.No doubt this is a very good hotel,superbly situated and well maintained.It is very family orientated but lacks a bit of personal service.I moved out of the hotel after 2 nights as I discovered a superb hotel right across the road from the Holiday Inn,being the Burasari.I have written a separate review on this hotel.In short,Holiday Inn is worth the stay but I will go back to the Burasari.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room which faced the kiddies pool.Avoid this room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AHMEDSULIMAN55
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear "AHMEDSULIMAN55"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for your positive comments with regards the hotel in general and, in particular, our "family friendly" culture. I am sorry that you felt the service was lacking the "personal touch" and I am pleased that you have been able to find alternative accommodation that can better meet your individual needs. Please do stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything with which I can help.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great stay here, our room was lovely we stayed in the busakorn wing if you can stay there for sure it is a newer part of the hotel , buffet breakfast was good lots to choose from , beautiful pool area , how ever the towels at the pool are awful , stinky old and faded they need to be replaced , also staff need to look at the amount of people that just put towels on the sun beds and go of and do stuff its unfair to people who actually want to lay on the lounges and cant , the hotel is close to everything. Food and beverage manager was awesome very hands on we had a small problem with a rude staff member at one of the restaurants and he soon took care of that . Spa was very expensive and we had a big mix up there had to get, 2500 baht refunded to us wouldn't go back again to this spa ., they couldn't even understand us ., plenty around tough that are good , overall happy with stay here

Room Tip: Get a room in the busakorn wing
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Clint T

Dear "Clint T"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive and detailed review with us and I am really pleased that overall you have had a "great stay". Your kind comments about the Busakorn Wing, the pools and the breakfast are gratefully received and your feedback on the quality of the towels is well noted. I am sorry that you had a minor issue with one of our staff, although I am glad that it was quickly resolved, and I will follow up with regards your experience at the spa (please feel free to provide me any additional information that you feel is relevant in this respect).

I do hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have been to patong twice and going again in a month, and stayed at 3 different hotels/resorts.
Holiday inn is the favourite for me as its right in the heart of all the action! (without the noise)
The rooms are good..the service is good.. the food is Great!
I really cant fault this hotel.
This time we go we are staying at the brand new Novotel Vintage Park, so ill be sure to put a review up for that aswell.. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Drillthy

Dear "Drillthy"

Thank you for your very kind review and it is great to read that we are your "favorite" in Patong! Your kind comments about the guest rooms, the quality of the food and the service from our staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with the team. We hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We travelled to Phuket on our World Trip Adventure in late November. We travelled with our 7 year old daughter. I am glad when we booked through that we opted for the Busakorn Wing of the hotel. This part of the hotel is newer, well designed and quiter than the other side. The pool is spectacular in this wing and the restaurant serving breakfast was great. Breakfast is a must at this hotel offering a wide variety of items. Our room was great with the largest bed we have ever slept in....honestly it could sleep 6 adults if necessary.

The hotel is in a great location across the street from the beach. If returning to Patong I would most definitely stay at this resort. However, I would only stay a few days instead of a week as Patong City itself isn't the nicest.

The staff at the hotel were fantastic and the spa was great. We took advantage of the Spa on one rainy afternoon and enjoyed the services.

Thanks for adding to our great holiday!

Room Tip: Get a room on the fourth floor of the Busakorn Wing overlooking the small pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Edward F

Dear "Edward F"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am pleased to read that you and your family have had an enjoyable stay with us. Your kind comments on the room, the hotel facilities and, in particular, the staff are very gratefully received and we hope to see you back again at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!