“Excellent hotel at patong.”

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights in main wing. Excellent location, hardly few mins walk to Bangla street.

Pros : location, food and service

Cons : Rooms are ok, not very plus.

Busan wing is very superior. Must recommend for Busan wing.

• Stayed: November 2012
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear "Prashant S"

Thank you for kind review, and I am pleased that you were happy with the quality of the food and service in particular. Your recommendation of the Busakorn Wing rooms is also greatly appreciated.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you are looking for a good hotel in the center of Patong Beach then we can recommend this hotel. We stayed here 3 nights (22 till 24 November). We had room 411. The room was fine with all what you can expect from a middle class hotel. The bathroom was small, had a shower and no bath but this did not bother us. The beds were very good.
During our stay the bar and 1 restaurant was clossed because of renovation. The swimming pool and sun-bed area was not big and adjecent to the noisy beach road. Although the management tried to avoid the sun bed reservations by putting up some signs, it did not work. Early in the morning many guests dropped a towel on a bed and went away.
The breakfast was very good with a wide selection of food. In general the restaurants were much to expensive and offered no value for money.
The beach was generaly very crowded and had 4 rows of sun chairs and parasols. We did not like it. During the day and night the beach road is full of traffic and very noisy. I would not stay here again although the hotel and staff is ok.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a sea view room, because of the palm trees you cannpot see the sea and this side o...

Dear "Fred_1956085"

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and I am pleased that overall you were happy with the hotel and the staff. I am sorry that you were not able to make use of Sam's Restaurant and The Bar during your stay, but I appreciate your positive comments about the quality of the breakfast. Your concern with regards the reservation of the sun-loungers is well noted.

Please feel free to keep me as a direct point of contact if you do ever decide to return to Patong and in the meantime please let me know if there is ever anything with which I can help.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We just returned from a 6 night stay in the main wing (interconnecting rooms). Stayed with our children who are 5 and 9. Kids club was a hit with both and they both made great friends in the kids club and the pool. Breakfast was included in our package and was excellent. Choice was fabulous. Great touch with the themed plastic ware especially for he kids (hello kitty). Main pool was very clean, great service around the pool. Don't miss the yellow curry at the Thai restaurant at the other side entrance (I ate his twice!). Location is fabulous, each across the road, walk right outside to the many shops. Free wifi, although I found patchy within our rooms, was perfect by the pool. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Staff were very friendly and helpful. New bar opened during our stay which is a great spot. Love this place!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzanne G
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear "Suzanne G"

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am really pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much, and especially the Kid's Club and facilities. Your comments about the quality of the food are greatly appreciated and I will share your feedback with the team.

I hope to welcome you all back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My partner & I stayed here for 6 nights in the Busakorn Wing which is highly recommended if you want a more quiet atmosphere away from the hustle bustle of Patong Beach. It's situated at the rear of the hotel and is newly refurbished.

Our stay was fantastic with staff always willing to assist with any queries.

We returned from a day trip to Maya Bay to find a freshly baked Birthday Cake, candles, cutlery & a Birthday card from staff who knew it was my partners Birthday - what a wonderful surprise from the staff & management!

This hotel certainly goes the extra mile to please their guests!

The location is superb with only a few short minutes to the beach, shops, Jungceylon shopping centre and Bangla Rd.

I certainly recommend the Busakorn Wing for couples and the Main Wing for families.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear "Jezabella84"

Thank you for your kind and positive review and I am pleased to read that you really enjoyed your stay in the Busakorn Wing. It is especially great to note your comments with regards the attentive service you received from the staff and I will be sure to share your review with the team here at the hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We recently spent a week here staying in a pool villa in the Busacorn wing. We checked in last minute after another unsatisfactory hotel and the staff were so wonderful. They showed us each room and gave us a great deal. Our room was lovely and the service was fantastic, I couldn't fault the staff at all. I had a couple of massages at the spa which were lovely and we ate on site at the steakhouse and Charm Thai and both meals were gorgeous. Breakfast was great win a huge array to choose from , so many different things . I loved laying around the pool and bein offered lovely complimentary treats like fruit and ice creams and the free mini bar is a great idea. Also the onsite mini mart where you can buy alcohol and snacks for your room at very reasonable prices. I have travelled extensively around the world and this hotel was great. We extended our stay from a week o 10 days and isn't really go out of the hotel much,( we have done all the sightseeing before). I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear "Lisa L"

Thank you for your very kind and positive review and I am really pleased that we were able to be part of a memorable holiday here in Phuket. In particular, it is great that you appreciated the service from all of the the staff and the little extra touches they offer, such as the fruit and ice cream around the villa pool.

I do hope that Holiday Inn Resort Phuket will be your number one choice for your next trip to the island!. Please feel free to keep me as a direct point of contact and let me know in the meantime if there is ever anything with which I can help.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed one week at this place. Its location is not great but the hotel has super service. When staying there, do so at the poolside rooms at their Busakorn wing. Direct pool access from your room - very cool. Good breakfast too. The best Holiday Inn I ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Pool roooms at Busakorn wing
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear "Missy_Summer"

Thank you for your your review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in the Busakorn Wing and in particular your pool access rooms and the breakfast. I hope we are able to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was the fourth or fifth time we have stayed at the Holiday Inn for a 2 week holiday in Phuket. We keep coming back to the same place because we love it. We always stay in the Busakorn wing. The rooms are big and the beds are super comfortable. The staff at the resort are friendly, nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is great, however this was the first time we found the chefs were unable to cook eggs to our liking. Their grasp of English was poor and we were unable to request satisfactory cooking of the eggs. We do have eggs every morning at home so this was a small issue for us, but it may not be an issue for others. This slight problem did not warrant reducing the star rating. All the restaurants are great, the food is excellent and the restaurant staff were most helpful. Can't wait to go back. We are priviledged to have already had 2 holidays there this year.

Room Tip: If you are going without children, we suggest a stay in the Busakorn wing. It is more expensive, but...

Dear "FayAustralia"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us. It is always especially great to read that our returning guests have enjoyed their stay and I am really pleased that you were so happy with your room and, in particular, the service from all of the staff. Thanks also for the positive comments about the quality of breakfast, and we will most definitely review the training for our "Egg Chefs".

I hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything with which I can help.

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
#2 of 331 in Patong
Burasari Resort
Burasari Resort
#6 of 331 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!