4,171 results
All reviews busakorn wing kids club busakorn pool charm thai restaurant kids suite sam's steakhouse terrazzo restaurant across the road kids pool patong beach pool access villa main pool studio room swim up bar mini mart sun loungers dvd player
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a lovely resort. We were upgraded to the Busakorn Wing because of my husband's Priority club status. They give free extra bedding to use the sofa for a young child under 12 years old. This meant our whole family of 4 was able to stay in one room--which can be difficult in Asia because instead of two double beds they usually have two twins. So, we had two double beds and a sofa bed. There was a noisy family next door to us. Their hollering and singing (yes, singing) was louder than the Patong city noise that I expected. We tried to get the holiday in specially decorated family suite but it was unavailable even though agoda "confirmed" it.

Food was nice. We are vegetarian,they had some options--enough to get by. The Italian restaurant at the resort was very good. We didn't go to the steak house (of course!) The food is expensive but we did not become ill from eating it and it tasted pretty good. 3.5/5 stars.

Negotiate with the hotel on tour prices, they will give a discount if you ask and won't if you don't!

The tsunami hit this resort hard, the lovely plaque they have placed at the hotel made me rather emotional.

Why 4 out of 5? Because the resort is marketed as being a family resort, but I didn''t feel comfortable taking my family out in Patong. It's a horrible place. Some sewer problems = stinky, ladymen are scary to the kids (and us) and the beach is FULL of hustlers. We didn't feel comfortable at Patong beach at all. Had to go to a different beach. I wouldn't stay here again because Patong is not my cup of tea. A family resort should be in a place you can walk out on the street and bring your family with you. We left the kids at the kids club when we "hit the town."

Room tip: Ask for an upgrade to Busakorn.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear 'M J'

Thank you for your constructive and detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the themed Kid's Suites were not available during this very busy period, but I am glad that you appreciated the upgraded room in our Busakorn Wing and that your Priority Club status was positively acknowledged by our team. It is also great to note that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants and that there were sufficient vegetarian options available for you.

I do hope that at some point we will be able to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. As you have mentioned, there is plenty for the kids to do in the hotel while you explore the rather more active local surroundings.

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else with which we can help.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed as a family. The hotel is ideally located within 2 mins walk on the beach and main market. The kids club is amazing with lot of activities for the kids to keep them busy. The Thai restaurant serves one of the best Thai food you can get.
There are 2 complaints. The day we landed, we had wait almost 2 hours for the room as hotel was full. This is despite, we reaching at 2 PM (offical check in time). The staff at the counter and especially the bell boys was very rude. They need to be given a lesson or two on hospitality
Overall recommended for family..

Room tip: Take the beach view if possible..
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear 'avadnani'

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and it is great to note that overall you had a very enjoyable stay with us and liked the rooms, the Charm Thai restaurant and our Kid's Club.

I am sorry that there was a delay in checking in during this very busy period, and I will personally follow up with our Front Office team to ensure that our reception counter staff and bell staff maintain a high standard of professional and friendly service to our guests.

I do hope to be able to welcome you and your family back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great Hotel.. Wonderfully located on Patong Beach connecting the beach and the inside road. Loved the swimming pool and the sunken bar.. had a really great experience. great breakfast. nice buffet dinners. rooms were nice. one can choose to take the private plunge pool if its for a couple / honeymoon. the main pool itself is also too good.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear 'RajatBMumbai'

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the rooms, the facilities and our restaurants to be enjoyable and I will share your comments with our team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Perfect location close to the beach and all good attractions of Phuket. Good standard for Holiday Inn hotel with room super comfortable and nice bed. Everything clean and people working here very nice and friendly for us.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 'Taweechai P'

Thank you for your kind comments - it is great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the room comfortable and our staff friendly and accommodating.

We hope to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed for 7 nights at the holiday inn .from the word go the resort was brilliant .our rooms were cleaned everyday and fresh towels were placed in our rooms twice a day .i was very unwell and reception rang me to ask if I needed a doctor .after a full day in bed I Came back to me room to find card and flowers ..how lovely .the resort has main wing which was lovely and we spent 2 nights at the buskacorn wing which was amazing.the best comfortable beds in phuket i would not hesitate next time and book Holiday inn either rooms they were fantastic .the staff are great ...I can't wait to revisit ..I paid less at this 41/2 resort than the kee resort Cost me more but had less to offer ... Thank you holiday inn

Date of stay: September 2012
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear 'Soniabek'

Many sincere thanks for your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always great to receive such positive praise and I will make sure to share your comments with our team.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please stay in touch when you are planning your next trip and let us know how we can help!