“Absolutely Great”

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had the best time here with my family. The buffet breakfast was ridiculously cheap, and the yummiest thing ever.
The rooms were really nice, the mattresses were comfortable and the rooms were clean and tidy.
The staff were also lovely and well mannered. The facilities were clean and beautiful.

I would defiantly recommend going here, they doing everything they can to accomodate you to the best of their capabilities.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what room you have. Rooms at the front of the hotel get a bit of traffic noise...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MoJen123
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear 'MoJen123'

Thank you for your great feedback. I am pleased to read that you and your family had a great stay with us and particularly enjoyed the rooms and the breakfast. I will make sure to share your very kind comments about the staff with our team.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,923)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a lovely resort. We were upgraded to the Busakorn Wing because of my husband's Priority club status. They give free extra bedding to use the sofa for a young child under 12 years old. This meant our whole family of 4 was able to stay in one room--which can be difficult in Asia because instead of two double beds they usually have two twins. So, we had two double beds and a sofa bed. There was a noisy family next door to us. Their hollering and singing (yes, singing) was louder than the Patong city noise that I expected. We tried to get the holiday in specially decorated family suite but it was unavailable even though agoda "confirmed" it.

Food was nice. We are vegetarian,they had some options--enough to get by. The Italian restaurant at the resort was very good. We didn't go to the steak house (of course!) The food is expensive but we did not become ill from eating it and it tasted pretty good. 3.5/5 stars.

Negotiate with the hotel on tour prices, they will give a discount if you ask and won't if you don't!

The tsunami hit this resort hard, the lovely plaque they have placed at the hotel made me rather emotional.

Why 4 out of 5? Because the resort is marketed as being a family resort, but I didn''t feel comfortable taking my family out in Patong. It's a horrible place. Some sewer problems = stinky, ladymen are scary to the kids (and us) and the beach is FULL of hustlers. We didn't feel comfortable at Patong beach at all. Had to go to a different beach. I wouldn't stay here again because Patong is not my cup of tea. A family resort should be in a place you can walk out on the street and bring your family with you. We left the kids at the kids club when we "hit the town."

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to Busakorn.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear 'M J'

Thank you for your constructive and detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the themed Kid's Suites were not available during this very busy period, but I am glad that you appreciated the upgraded room in our Busakorn Wing and that your Priority Club status was positively acknowledged by our team. It is also great to note that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants and that there were sufficient vegetarian options available for you.

I do hope that at some point we will be able to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. As you have mentioned, there is plenty for the kids to do in the hotel while you explore the rather more active local surroundings.

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else with which we can help.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed as a family. The hotel is ideally located within 2 mins walk on the beach and main market. The kids club is amazing with lot of activities for the kids to keep them busy. The Thai restaurant serves one of the best Thai food you can get.
There are 2 complaints. The day we landed, we had wait almost 2 hours for the room as hotel was full. This is despite, we reaching at 2 PM (offical check in time). The staff at the counter and especially the bell boys was very rude. They need to be given a lesson or two on hospitality
Overall recommended for family..

Room Tip: Take the beach view if possible..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear 'avadnani'

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and it is great to note that overall you had a very enjoyable stay with us and liked the rooms, the Charm Thai restaurant and our Kid's Club.

I am sorry that there was a delay in checking in during this very busy period, and I will personally follow up with our Front Office team to ensure that our reception counter staff and bell staff maintain a high standard of professional and friendly service to our guests.

I do hope to be able to welcome you and your family back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great Hotel.. Wonderfully located on Patong Beach connecting the beach and the inside road. Loved the swimming pool and the sunken bar.. had a really great experience. great breakfast. nice buffet dinners. rooms were nice. one can choose to take the private plunge pool if its for a couple / honeymoon. the main pool itself is also too good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Dear 'RajatBMumbai'

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the rooms, the facilities and our restaurants to be enjoyable and I will share your comments with our team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Perfect location close to the beach and all good attractions of Phuket. Good standard for Holiday Inn hotel with room super comfortable and nice bed. Everything clean and people working here very nice and friendly for us.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 'Taweechai P'

Thank you for your kind comments - it is great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the room comfortable and our staff friendly and accommodating.

We hope to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed for 7 nights at the holiday inn .from the word go the resort was brilliant .our rooms were cleaned everyday and fresh towels were placed in our rooms twice a day .i was very unwell and reception rang me to ask if I needed a doctor .after a full day in bed I Came back to me room to find card and flowers ..how lovely .the resort has main wing which was lovely and we spent 2 nights at the buskacorn wing which was amazing.the best comfortable beds in phuket i would not hesitate next time and book Holiday inn either rooms they were fantastic .the staff are great ...I can't wait to revisit ..I paid less at this 41/2 resort than the kee resort Cost me more but had less to offer ... Thank you holiday inn

• Stayed: September 2012
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear 'Soniabek'

Many sincere thanks for your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always great to receive such positive praise and I will make sure to share your comments with our team.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please stay in touch when you are planning your next trip and let us know how we can help!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel was the last leg of our holiday and as a young couple we found it to be the most disappointing. Upon arrival we were told we had two single beds when I had already paid for a double bed room and if this was ok? then it turned into our room was still 'dirty' and that we would not be able to access it until after 3pm to which check in is 2pm and I had also requested early check in and told to simply go shopping after all that travel. The room itself is nice, however the complimentary tea and coffee area had been wiped out and not yet replaced to which the lady said they would be so no afternoon tea for me. We found the staff to be unfriendly compared to our previous hotels and when we ordered room service the man who delivered was exceptionally rude and told us not to pay him but charge it to the room, which is exactly what I didn't want to do. He had poor body language and mannerism. At breakfast time we were seated on a fourseated table with another patron when there were plenty of free two seated tables available, when we ordered 2 omlettes after a lengthy wait the lady made them then proceeded to give mine to a man who just walked up and then asked what i wanted as if she had completely forgot. To any young couples thinking of staying here I'd say either book the buskorn villa as you would probably receive better service due to the money difference or book somewhere else. Definitely a hotel for families or people who don't mind complacency. Although on a positive note the staff members that organize the tours were extremely helpful, kudos to them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 'Kpow88'

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback and my sincere apologies that certain aspects of your stay failed to meet your expectations. Your kind comments about the tour staff are very much appreciated and I will share this with the team. You are correct in noting that we are a family friendly hotel, but we also aim to provide a great holiday experience to couples, honeymooners, groups of friends and guests of all ages - again, I am sorry this was not the case in this instance.

Your comments with regards the room type allocation, check in time and the housekeeping service are well noted. I will follow up with the team accordingly and I will further review your comments regarding breakfast and the friendliness of the Room Service staff.

Please feel free to contact me personally at the hotel if you are planning another trip back to Phuket and I hope to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 334 in Patong

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!