“Thankyou again”

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Ranked #4 of 338 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday inn with our three kids.Staff were very friendly and assisted to our every need.
This was our Third stay at the Holiday inn,we have stayed in the Buskorn Villas , Superior rooms and the Buskorn Studios this trip and cannot fault the rooms or the service.Centrally located to all your shopping needs.Has awesome restaurants at every turn ,will be booking another trip again shortly and the Holiday inn is our preferred accommodation.This trip we were invited to cocktail party where we meet with assistant manager and other Staff,they were all friendly the pools are great for the kids as well.This trip we had a joining rooms ground level with a step out to the pool.Awesome all round.

Room Tip: Good rooms to ask for would be the pool level on ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear 'garyrose69'

Many thanks for your very positive feedback and kind comments regarding your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket and in the meantime, please let us know if there is anything we can help with!

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,949)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here early September this year- this was our first stay at this resort and we've previously stayed in 2 other resorts further out from Patong. Our first night in we arrived late as our plane was delayed and must say the staff at the front counter were very unaccommodating and rude. I had previously emailed Angkarb Inthakarn re getting a Kids Suite for our stay and he had responded saying they were holding a Kids Suite for us. On arrival they told us there was no such communication and all we could get was a Superior Room with our 2 boys.

The room was located on the second floor and stunk of mould, smoke and dampness. Also this room only had 2 double beds which was not sufficient for us as my husband and I are quite tall and we paid a lot more than we have previous years for a tiny room. Once my husband complained they moved us to another room still on level 2 and it had the same smell but a king size bed. It was VERY late at night by this time and our 3 and 5 year old were so grumpy we begrudgingly made do for the one night with all 4 of us in a king bed.

The next day my husband dealt with one of the room managers and after extensive negotiations and having to wait til that afternoon for confirmation we were able to get into a Family Suite but we had to pay hundreds of dollars more for it (they did include brekky with this as well but still- lots of extra $$). The room was on level 3 now so no smell and it was all in all a fantastic room with separate pirate themed room for the boys which they LOVED!

The breakfast here is outstanding but beware- if you dont get a deal including it- it is quite pricey at 475 baht per adult (kids under 12 eat free) per day. The Kids Club is done very well but only caters for children over 5 years (pretty standard I think although all other resorts we've stayed at cater for 4 years plus). The kids pool is set out well, but we found the best pool for us was the main Busakorn pool with swim up bar and plenty of room. The dinner buffets are very good quality but once again- overpriced. We found lots of local restaurants to eat at all well within walking distance.

We stayed here for our 10th wedding anniversary which the resort forgot about but when the hubby mentioned it to them again we got a lovely cake the next day- would've been nice on the right day but they got there in the end! We also got invited to the standard hotel cocktails by the pool and was nice to speak to hotel staff and other travellers at this :)

All in all- this trip was a lot more expensive on accommodation that previous years but the resort caters well for most needs and is in a fantastic location if you can afford to spend a bit more on a decent room (and avoid level 2!!).

Room Tip: Avoid level 2 and get a kids/family suite if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 81Kezza

Dear '81Kezza'

Thank you for your very detailed feedback and my apologies that there was some initial confusion over your room booking, although I am pleased that this was resolved by our team and that the boys loved their Pirate Theme room!

Thank you also for highlighting the smell and condition of your initial room. We do have a rotational quality management program in place in the hotel, but we are always able to make improvements most quickly ion the basis of direct guests feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you were overall very happy with the food, service and facilities at the hotel and we hope to be able to welcome you back for future holidays and anniversaries. Please contact me directly prior to any future visit in order that I can personally ensure all details and requirements are met to your satisfaction.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I returned from Thailand a week ago after staying in Phuket resort for 8 nights from Sept 13 Sept through to Sept 20, 2012. I stayed at the Holiday Inn.

The Holiday Inn Phuket is a hotel that has something for everyone; the young family, the romantic ambience and a place to relax and unwind. I was looking for relaxation, sophisticated dining at affordable prices along with a service to make me feel special. I received all my wishes and more. The location of the hotel is in the heart of Phuket's colourful and lively streets with so much on offer. Taylor made suits, massages parlours, shop, shop, shop until you drop and the night live which I would rate for the adult audience, you can take it or leave it , there is no preasure. There is something for everyone. Once in the confounds of the hotel you could be on a caste away island surrounded by gentle fresh aromas,flora, flowing water and gentle background music of Thailand. with everything on hand.
There are four fantastic restaurants which will cater for all palettes. If you can not find something to wet your appetite I would be very surprised; Western food, the steak and chip, Mediterranean salads to the great taste of Thailand. The menu will have something for all budgets. Prappa Rattananukul the Manager and his team at the Charms restaurant were first class in service and delivery of the taste of Thailand. The Charms was my personal favourite as it offered both Thai food and hospitality at it's best. Words can not explain the breakfast selection at the Charms. I really do not know where to begin.
I was further impressed with the service provided by the concierge team; nothing was too much trouble. They offered valuable advise on places to see and arranging the hire of a private taxi for a day at a reasonable negotiated price. The peace of mind that came with your own driver is so valuable, the knowledge that your day was well structured, comfortable and completely safe was a service which for me was priceless.' Mr M' my taxi driver, probably is totally unaware of the positive impact he had on my holiday.
My holiday was a late booking to celebrate both my birthday and my wedding anniversary, I made contact with the hotel approximately 72 hours prior to my arrival and was pleasantly surprised by the instant dialogue which I engage in. Korarit Insuwan Asst. FB Manager ensured a restaurant was booked 'SAMS'. I was really taken back by the outstanding service and quality of the food. The details.....A birthday cake was delivered to my room along with candles,this was not expected but truly appreciated. Korait and his team really understand what is meant by customer service.

There is so much to say about my stay at the Holiday Inn Phuket. What I have not mentioned is that I stayed in the Busakorn Wing, studio, spacious comfortable with a degree of luxury is how I would describe my room. The views over the pool from my balcony was tranquil and very pleasant as I sipped on a cold refreshing drink in the evenings.

I would recommend the Holiday inn Phuket for the reasons and experiences I described within and those I do not have time to report on. For me it gave me an excellent base for my first visit to Thailand.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I enjoyed mine.

MB London, England

Room Tip: I stayed in the Busakorn Wing studio, is said to be quieter, designed for couples
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AuntieMelsey

Dear 'AuntieMelsey'

Many thanks indeed for your very positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments and I will personally ensure that Prapa, Korarit, the Concierge and the Sam's team receive a copy of your review.

We hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please let us know in the meantime if there is anything we can help with

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Overall great place to stay for the money...only complain was at breakfast some of the parents did allow their children to run wild and the treadmills in the gym need to be serviced a little more regularly...If you are not a fan of children stay away or upgrade...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zeus252

Dear 'Zeus252'

Thank you for your recent review and feedback. As a family oriented hotel, we do expect to have children staying with us throughout the year, but the majority of families tend to stay in our main wing where we have Family Suites, Kid's Suites and 2 Kid's Clubs and so you may find that our Busakorn wing provides a slightly more peaceful option for you if you are planning to return, and you may contact us directly at any time if you would like to receive or discuss more details on the different options available.

Your comments with regards the gym equipment are well noted and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Holiday Inn has 2 main areas, the Main Wing (slightly cheaper rooms, but closer to the beach) & Busakorn Wing. We couldn't find a non smoking room available in the Main Wing at the time, so we got a couple interconnecting rooms in the Busakorn Wing.

The Good
-------------
- The rooms are very modern and well equipped, but the balcony is a bit small
- The location is perfect for Patong, far enough away from the noisy night life so that you can sleep, but many shops, restaurants all around and about 10 mins walk to the night life.
- The pool in the Buskorn wing is quite large with a swim up bar, it is quite beautiful.
- The breakfast range was excellent
- The rooms had a large walk in shower which is much better than the combination bath/shower you find in many hotels.

The Bad
-----------
- The rooms seemed to have paper thin walls, I could hear whenever my neighbours come home and had showers late at night.
- The hotel did seem a little crammed together, but this is normal for Patong.
- The view from our room was a bit ordinary, it just overlooked another building close by, it seemed like the smokers end of the building had better view over the pool.
- The curtains/blinds were not that effective in blocking the light.

Overall, unless you are there specifically for the night life, I would highly recommend you consider a quieter and more relaxed area like Karon Beach. My friends and I stayed at Movenpick in Karon for the majority of our trip and enjoyed that experience much more than Patong.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank AndyJ74

Dear 'AndyJ74'

Thank you for your very positive feedback. I am glad that overall your stay with us was great and that in particular you enjoyed the hotel location, your room and the breakfast.

Your comments with regards noise between rooms, the view from your room and your blackout curtains are all noted and we will follow up on this points accordingly - thank you.

We hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please let us know in the meantime if there is anything with which we can help.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you're looking for quality service, outstanding rooms and a relaxing experience, DO NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!
2 adults and 2 kids, 12 and 9 yr old boys, in a Kids suite.......wow. Our kids' jaws hit the floor when we ushered into our magnificent suite, by the duty manager herself, who also took our photo for us as well. 2 tv's, 2 DVD players and an Xbox for the kids.......not once did they use the club once as they were so busy otherwise.
The mini mart downstairs was chock full of beverages and snacks and basic toiletries, all at supermarket prices. So when we were shown our empty mini fridge, we were told that we welcome fill it with our own food and beverages - which was such a novelty compared other resorts we've stayed at.
Room service was up to scratch, with a courtesy call to see if we enjoyed our meals (we did!) and when my niece became ill and went to the hospital for a check up, the staff on duty at 2am were so helpful, even sending a small bunch of flowers the next day, wishing her well - we were amazed with the personal touch in every aspect of the experience we had the Holiday Inn.
PHI PHI Island day out organised through the tour desk downstairs, with a lovely lady who guaranteed that if the weather was bad, we could simply cancel, and we would not be charged. We did not cancel, and we were not disappointed - it was amazing!!!!
I don't think that you can pass this resort by without being impressed with just the sight of the kids pool, proximity to shopping around the corner and the assortment of food stalls and massage parlours....i highly recommend the Let's Relax massage parlour - extremely professional and a high standard maintained for a 1 hr massage ($18 AU) Wi fi in room was a bit patchy but we coped, breakfast buffet was out of this world. If you have the chance, please stay here - you will not be disappointed in this beautiful resort in the land of smiles. It has it all - location, variety, service and top of the line quality. First time to Phuket - Not the last.

Room Tip: Kids suites offer a great sized room for families with older kids. Front desk staff are so helpful...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ash G
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have just returned from 10 days in Phuket. 8 of us travelled for a golfing holiday and we stayed at this resort for the duration of our trip. We chose Holiday Inn mainly as a result of the Trip Advisor reviews but also our booking agent on the Gold Coast (getaway golf) recomended it.

It was a great base for our Golf Trip and an even better place to relax at days end.

I can only say that the hotel lived up to all of the excellent reviews, we had rooms in the main wing on the 3rd floor. All the rooms were together which helped in getting the troops up in the morning for our early moring golf start.

As many people have said the Hotel is out of the way of the hussle and bussle, but close enoough to enjoy the nightlife.

Breakfast was fantastic, the choice was spread across all tastes. We had no issues with noise at breakfast.

We had our early evening drinks in the main bar near reception and we would like to thank "Benjy" she was fantastic in remembering all our drinks each time we were there.

Our last night we had diner in the Thai restaraunt in the Busakorn wing it was fantastic. We did not eat at Sam's mainly because the ambiance would have been ruined by 8 men eating and drinking, but the menu looked amazing.

We are already planning our next trip for next year and the Holiday Innis where we will be staying if they will have us:)

Well done to Wolfgang and his team.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends