“Good resort”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #7 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed April 10, 2007

Holiday did not start so well. When we arrived at the airport there was no car there waiting for us, this was booked through the website and pre paid for. I rang the hotel and they said get into a cab to get there, no apology. When we got there they said the could give us airport transfer when we left, that was fine but still had no apology. We had a welcome drink but I was not in a good mood so I did not want it. They took our passports for some reason but apparently they did this at the Holiday Inn as well.
We got into our room (Lagoon Wing Pool Access) and the smell was horrible, very musty I think this was because of the tropical setting, mind you the smell was much better than the smell on the street when you go over the gutter.
The bathroom was a bit moldy but still ok. They only have shampoo, no conditioner which I thought was poor. The mini bar was stocked every day, this was fantastic especially with the pepsi. The pool access was so nice. Swim up bar was good although during happy hour we asked one person if it applied at the pool bar, they said yes, but then someone else made the cocktails and they told us it was only at the main bar, they ended up giving us two more cocktails but I found this problem happened regularly, where they would say one thing and then insist that they didnt say it (this may be due to the fact they think they can get away with it because of the language barrier) this did not just happen at the hotel it happened everywhere.
Breakfast was a nice buffet, lots to choose from.
The shopping was not that cheap, they wanted $40 for a watch which was rediculous! Same goes for bags, shoes and clothing. We went to Phi Phi Island and on the Elephant trek which are both very good. Wouldnt go back there again because we have done all we wanted to do, also wouldnt go back to the Burasari, i'd have to try something different and I wasnt pleased with the service.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Burasari Resort

Reviewed April 10, 2007

Well I had booked over the internet and asked to leave a cc but due to experiences I am not happy with giving my card over the phone. they said no prob. arrived there 31/3 for 2 nights
had agreat room overlooking sml swimming pool behing reception . had balcony with a day bed covered with mossy net (wicked ) ROOM NO 3211 great free bar too
the breakfast is good with both western and asian foods
and as for for Floyds resteraunt ( the famous english chef) is was both good value and great taste.
I will be definitley come back to this hotel
( just a note a present there is building work going on at the front of the resort for the next month )

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank littlelegsinAsia
Reviewed April 5, 2007

we have excellent time there, room service is great, food in the restaurant at burasari is fantastic, u must try their lamb dishes!
the pad thai is "to die for" and their desert menu is very hard to refuse. all of all i would go back there again. we had the pool access room. all mini bar items are free and they were filled daily. we were so surprised when we were told at the reception.
what a good idea!

4  Thank arm035
Reviewed April 5, 2007

We have just returned from our honeymoon at Burasari and I can not explain how wonderful it was. We were booked in a superior pool access room and we arrived to find it looked exactly like it does on the internet. Having a pool right outside your door is a fabulous treat and romantic delight. The resort is very open and is full of wonderful plants to give it a tropical feel. It is great!!!

The staff here were wonderful in every way possible and very helpful, always smiling and always helpful.

We also dined in Floyd's resteraunt and have to say this exceeded expectations as well. Both the food and the service were second to none.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It is in the heart of Patong but feels a million miles away.

5  Thank kristyf22
Reviewed April 1, 2007

Great boutique style resort.
When we arrived we were welcomed with a nice refreshing drink.
We were asked for our credit card number as a security for our room, this is to cover anything that you may book up to your room. Being cautious we told them we did not have a credit card so we paid a $150.00 Aus deposit. This was not a problem and we found it good to have the money for our last day in Phuket for the last minute shopping etc.
We had a nice clean, tidy, air conditioned room overlooking the pool area.
The room had a safe to use and a complimentary mini bar.
The mini bar had a few cans of beer, Pepsi, orange juice, chips, kit Kat, water and was refilled everyday when the room was serviced. This was a good bonus.
The staff were really friendly and you were always greeted with a big hello every time you passed anyone and they would do anything to make your stay pleasant.
Breakfast in the mornings was the usual buffet style so we never went hungry.
The only thing we would do if staying there again would be to book a pool access room as these looked really good being able to walk right out your door into the pool.
We would defiantly recommend this place due to all of the above reasons and the location was great, only 50 meters to the beach and the same to the markets.

3  Thank spongebobsqone
Reviewed March 23, 2007

I just got back from my stay at this great hotel and I had to write a review. I have been to Phuket several times and it is a fabulous place. This hotel was in a great location and the service was fabulous.

The only hiccup we had was when we first checked in. When we checked in we were showed to our room and it was unfortunately not cleaned from the previous guests and there were a bunch of mosquitoes in the room. We were immediately put in another room which was fabulous. It was very clean and no mosquitoes. I think the other room was just not cleaned prooperly and the last guests had a big night partying in the room and did not shut their doors at all (which let all the mossies in).

Anything we wanted or requested from the front desk was provided to us within a few minutes of calling. It was fabulous service....every request was fufilled. I would defintely go back. Plus the minibar you can use up every day without charge is a great idea!

Also, the breakfast was great...the staff was excellent and the food was good. I noticed in one of the other reviews that they said there was only 2-3 fruitrs available...this is not true....there were at least 6-7 available every day we were there. One day we went to breakfast right as they were closing up and they got us some more food because most of the food was eaten by other guests...so I am not sure why this person only had 2-3 types of fruit....I do not believe them.

The surroundings are great and the pool is wonderful. The only thing about the pool is that there is alot of shade so if you are there to get lots of sun than make sure you get to the pool early to get a spot in full sun (or head to the beach). But it is so much nicer having the option of shade because too much sun can ruin your holiday if you get burned.

I have to say that for the price you pay this is a fabulous place to stay. If you want to pay a lot for other over priced "chain" hotels than do so but at the Burasari you get the real Thai experience and a great boutique hotel with all the frills of an overpriced hotel...why pay more when you can get it all here at the Burasari...plus when you visit Thailand you should experience Thailand not the overpriced "chain" hotels that just give you the same experience no matter where you are in the world.

As a side note, another review mentioned the "smell" of Phuket...well unfortunately this is something that occurs in alot of places in the world and this is something that is beyond the control of the hotel. I travel alot and this is just something you have to realise happens in other countries. It does not smell in the hotel at all. I think that this was a silly thing to mention in a reivew as it has nothing to do with the Burasari.

You can book to stay at this hotel with confidence because it is a lovely place. We will be back to stay soon as we have already booked to go back in 8 months.

10  Thank topo2802
Reviewed March 20, 2007

I stayed at the Burasari with 3 friends for 9 nights in February. I cannot understand any of the poor reviews. The hotel was probably the best I have ever stayed in. We paid so little for the rooms we weren't expecting much and we were all so impressed when we arrived. They even upgraded our room for the first night! After that we just had a superior room in the old wing which didn't have a very nice view but it was large and comfortable. Phuket is too beautiful to hang out in an hotel room anyway. The mini bar was free as well and it got restocked every day which we loved. The pools were great as well, the pool near the lobby was the best with a swim up bar and you are able to order cocktails and drinks. The only problem was getting towels, for some reason they were always out of towels in the mornings. This is probably the only bad thing I can say about the whole hotel. The staff were so nice, they always said hello to you if you were walking around or anything, the best were the guys who cooked breakfast in the mornings; they would always discuss the latest soccer results with us! All the gardens and fountains were beautiful. The breakfast was awesome, every food you can imagine and all nice and fresh. The location is so convinient, everything in Patong is right on your doorstep. 7/11 is right outside which is very handy. All in all, this hotel was excellent, as other people have said, like a little 'oasis' in Patong and I would recommend it in a second. Can't wait until I can go back there again!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank dramaqueen123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
The KEE Resort & Spa
The KEE Resort & Spa
#26 of 328 in Patong

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!