“Nice hotel for Couples”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #6 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I can consider my self luck to choose this hotel to spend my honeymoon. However i found it important to share my experience there during my stay. The hotel location was more than perfect. it is close to a large food court area in addition to Patong Beach shopping center. It is also very close to the beach and almost everything is steps away from the hotel. You can easily find Indian restaurant close to the hotel with very delicious food, in addition to famous other brands such as McDonald's and Pizza Company, also you will be able to find Egyptian restaurants close to the hotel.

The hotel stuff was more than being friendly, extremely gentle with a nice smile allover the time. The best room to book is the ones at the ground floor, however it won't guarantee the perfect privacy you might look for. But still close the pool with amazing view.

i strongly recommend this hotel for couples.

Room Tip: The best room to book is the ones at the ground floor, however it won't guarantee the perfect pr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherif E
Burasarigroup G, General Manager at Burasari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Sherif_Hassan,
Thank you for taking the time for this review.
Great to read that you have enjoyed your honeymoon here at the Burasari.
Especially your comment on the friendliness of our staff makes my happy and I will share this with the team.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Lukas Gerber

Write a ReviewReviews (3,324)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have been staying here for the past 4 days and have had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The only little gripe we had at first was that our room didn't have much of a view (booked a cheap deal through expedia) but the staff and service and general quality (both visual and functional) of the premises more than made up for it.
Check in was a breeze. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with some cold refreshing towels and a fruit drink while our check in was being processed. We were in our room within 10 minutes.
Our room was very clean and tidy, and had all the necessary amenities. It was of a decent size even though we had booked the lowest class (called the premier rooms). We got a king size bed as requested even though that was not guaranteed. From experience I know that some hotels stick two double beds together and call it a 'king'. Note that you can upgrade to a higher class room for a fee (around THB1750 per night) if you are not happy with the standard of your room. TV has very good movie channels for when you want to relax and wind down in the room.
Breakfast is good and has a decent variety - both Western and Thai options, including an egg station.
Hotel premises are very nicely designed. There are two pools, one of them having a pool bar. The higher class rooms have patios with stairs that descend directly into the pool. Very nice touch.
Our shower drain was clogged the first day and I had to call reception a few times to have someone finally come unclog the drain and she didn't look too happy about having to do it (mumbling something to herself in Thai) but other than that we had a very good experience with the level of service.
If you rent a bike you can park it in front of the hotel (which is pretty much on the street in a designated parking area) and security guards will keep an eye on it for you overnight, a nice plus. They will also move it around to allow other bikes in and out of the cramped area.
We are coming back to Phuket after spending some days in the neighboring islands and the mainland and we have decided to book the Burasari again as it is definitely worth coming back to.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Shez S,
Greetings from the Burasari Family.
Great to read that you enjoyed your stay here, I will happily share these comments with the team.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon and hope you enjoy the islands and surrounding provinces until then.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The rooms, food and facilities were good. Some of the staff were directly rude at times, especially a female bartender with curly hair (can't remember her name) was one of the worst service personell I've met. Really hope, for the hotel owners sake, they sort that issue.

There are also people on the beach that sell fireworks to tourists until 0400-0500 in the morning, these are making really loud explosions, some of them even making the windows at the hotelroom vibrate.

As a final note it should be said Patong is not a quiet place, it is a place which is completely overrun with desperate sellers.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Bulle1983

Dear Bulle 1983,
Thank you for taking the time to review Burasari.
Good to read that you have enjoyed our facilities.
I am sorry to read about your negative experience you have had with one of our staff, that is a very unusual thing to happen here and I will take care of this, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Burasari resort for two nights in March 2014.

Beautiful, clean hotel. Great pools, perfectly chlorinated and refreshing. Nice ambiance.

Check in was swift and friendly, they give you a cold refreshment of some fresh juice and a cold towel upon arrival.

Breakfast each morning was great, everything you'll need is there at the buffet.

Location: a hop, skip and a jump away from Patong beach. We didn't go to that beach as we heard its really crowded. We took a cab down to Kata Noi Beach which is a little less busy but still has loungers and a bar. It was nice and clean and quiet! Highly recommended.

Rooms: Comfortable beds and clean room and shower. Maid service each morning.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Captain Zirk,
Thank you for your feedback.
Good to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and services.
I hope to welcome you back soon, possibly for a bit longer than just 2 days.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed in Burasari Resort over a weekend, and my major feedback would be that it’s very nice and pleasant, and you will more than likely have a very pleasant stay overall…but by a lot of the comparable Thai hotels of the same standard and pricing, it’d be just about average. There’s nothing actually wrong with it, just it didn’t jump out either with anything spectacular.

As many have noted, it’s more or less right in the heart of the action, though you won’t be much bothered by late night noises. Similarly mentioned, yes, the pool areas do have a problem with the number of sunbeds available and you will either need to go around a couple of times and wait to see if anyone leaves, or else you’ll have people hovering past you all day long if you got a sunbed early in the morning. Really, there aren’t anywhere near the number of sunbeds for people wanting them (unless you book a pool-access room).

We booked and paid for an ‘Elite’ room with AirAsiaGo – we got room 2201. It was again, nice, but nothing amazing and no day bed or swing chair or bathtub as it suggests on the booking page. By the way, the minibar is mostly composed of cans of local soda drinks and two cans of beer (I’m pointing this out as most promotions focus on the minibar being complimentary, so you know what it’s likely to be). One other thing to mention for those of a particularly privacy-focused nature…the bathroom is comprised on 2-sides of frosted glass sliding doors.

One last thing, the staff – it’s hard to be mean about them, as they’re not unpleasant but you’ll be a long way off if you’re expecting the usual Thai greeting from everyone you meet going down the corridor – the majority are very quiet and the reception staff to me anyway, seemed more or less not too pushed.

It’s hard to fault the hotel, as it’s nice and reasonably well thought-out – I just don’t think it’s quite up there with other hotels in Thailand of the same price bracket and standard…

Room Tip: Room choice depends what you want - we faced towards one of the pools and it was fine, but I would i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WindowSeatPreferred
Burasarigroup G, General Manager at Burasari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear YouLoveThatsh,
Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed review.
I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay.
You mention the balcony set up of the Elite rooms; it is correct, not all of them have the same set up, some have day beds, some have rocking chairs, some have large sofas. If asked, we are always happy to allocate another room if available, everybody's preferences are different. The outdoor bathtubs are only in our mood collection rooms.
I hope to welcome you back here at the Burasari in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I loved this place. I only stayed here for 2 nights but boy was it worth it. When I got to the hotel the receptionist told me that free of charge that I've been upgraded to a bigger room. The room was so nice and had a humongous bed and a huge TV. The free mini-bar was also something to like. I like the whole theme of the hotel with the swimming pool connected to the room and the overall ambience.The breakfast in the morning was delicious and very extensive catering to locals as well as foreigners. Only downside is that I had a mosquito in my room and I got bit one night. Other than minor hiccup the accommodations were perfect and I wouldn't mind staying here again when I do come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jonathan W,
Greetings from the Burasari Family and thank you for your feedback.
It makes us proud to read that you loved our little paradise as much as we do.
I am happy to share your comments with the kitchen team as well, glad you liked our breakfast.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, hopefully more than 2 days next time.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

When first come into the hotel it appears very cosy and nice. Unfortunately our room is a little small, but contain all convenience for the stars. I read the complaint about the bed and the noise from another visitor, but i certainly did not notice this problem. The bed was great and no problems with noise from the street or whatever at all. Employees are very helpfull and friendly. The location is super! Close to the beach and close to the restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Chris G,
Thanks for sharing your good experience on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to read you have enjoyed your vacation here.
I will happily share your valued comments with the team as well, they are proud to read that their efforts make a difference.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.
Lukas Gerber

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 334 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!