“Great resort!”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #6 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Burasari resort for two nights in March 2014.

Beautiful, clean hotel. Great pools, perfectly chlorinated and refreshing. Nice ambiance.

Check in was swift and friendly, they give you a cold refreshment of some fresh juice and a cold towel upon arrival.

Breakfast each morning was great, everything you'll need is there at the buffet.

Location: a hop, skip and a jump away from Patong beach. We didn't go to that beach as we heard its really crowded. We took a cab down to Kata Noi Beach which is a little less busy but still has loungers and a bar. It was nice and clean and quiet! Highly recommended.

Rooms: Comfortable beds and clean room and shower. Maid service each morning.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Burasarigroup G, General Manager at Burasari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Captain Zirk,
Thank you for your feedback.
Good to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and services.
I hope to welcome you back soon, possibly for a bit longer than just 2 days.
Lukas Gerber

Write a ReviewReviews (3,285)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed in Burasari Resort over a weekend, and my major feedback would be that it’s very nice and pleasant, and you will more than likely have a very pleasant stay overall…but by a lot of the comparable Thai hotels of the same standard and pricing, it’d be just about average. There’s nothing actually wrong with it, just it didn’t jump out either with anything spectacular.

As many have noted, it’s more or less right in the heart of the action, though you won’t be much bothered by late night noises. Similarly mentioned, yes, the pool areas do have a problem with the number of sunbeds available and you will either need to go around a couple of times and wait to see if anyone leaves, or else you’ll have people hovering past you all day long if you got a sunbed early in the morning. Really, there aren’t anywhere near the number of sunbeds for people wanting them (unless you book a pool-access room).

We booked and paid for an ‘Elite’ room with AirAsiaGo – we got room 2201. It was again, nice, but nothing amazing and no day bed or swing chair or bathtub as it suggests on the booking page. By the way, the minibar is mostly composed of cans of local soda drinks and two cans of beer (I’m pointing this out as most promotions focus on the minibar being complimentary, so you know what it’s likely to be). One other thing to mention for those of a particularly privacy-focused nature…the bathroom is comprised on 2-sides of frosted glass sliding doors.

One last thing, the staff – it’s hard to be mean about them, as they’re not unpleasant but you’ll be a long way off if you’re expecting the usual Thai greeting from everyone you meet going down the corridor – the majority are very quiet and the reception staff to me anyway, seemed more or less not too pushed.

It’s hard to fault the hotel, as it’s nice and reasonably well thought-out – I just don’t think it’s quite up there with other hotels in Thailand of the same price bracket and standard…

Room Tip: Room choice depends what you want - we faced towards one of the pools and it was fine, but I would i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WindowSeatPreferred
Burasarigroup G, General Manager at Burasari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear YouLoveThatsh,
Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed review.
I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay.
You mention the balcony set up of the Elite rooms; it is correct, not all of them have the same set up, some have day beds, some have rocking chairs, some have large sofas. If asked, we are always happy to allocate another room if available, everybody's preferences are different. The outdoor bathtubs are only in our mood collection rooms.
I hope to welcome you back here at the Burasari in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I loved this place. I only stayed here for 2 nights but boy was it worth it. When I got to the hotel the receptionist told me that free of charge that I've been upgraded to a bigger room. The room was so nice and had a humongous bed and a huge TV. The free mini-bar was also something to like. I like the whole theme of the hotel with the swimming pool connected to the room and the overall ambience.The breakfast in the morning was delicious and very extensive catering to locals as well as foreigners. Only downside is that I had a mosquito in my room and I got bit one night. Other than minor hiccup the accommodations were perfect and I wouldn't mind staying here again when I do come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jonathan W,
Greetings from the Burasari Family and thank you for your feedback.
It makes us proud to read that you loved our little paradise as much as we do.
I am happy to share your comments with the kitchen team as well, glad you liked our breakfast.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, hopefully more than 2 days next time.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

When first come into the hotel it appears very cosy and nice. Unfortunately our room is a little small, but contain all convenience for the stars. I read the complaint about the bed and the noise from another visitor, but i certainly did not notice this problem. The bed was great and no problems with noise from the street or whatever at all. Employees are very helpfull and friendly. The location is super! Close to the beach and close to the restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Chris G,
Thanks for sharing your good experience on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to read you have enjoyed your vacation here.
I will happily share your valued comments with the team as well, they are proud to read that their efforts make a difference.
We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and i are currently staying at this hotel and are seriously disappointed.

From the beginning, we checked in at 11pm after 21 hours of travelling. The staff were unfriendly and took my credit card with no explanation, even when asked and i have since found out i have a substantial charge holding on it.

When we got to our room it was decorated nice with happy honeymoon which we thought was a good sign. Things have pretty much gone downhill from there though. The bell boy stood awkwardly in our room (waiting for a tip) however we tried explaining we had no small money as yet. He eventually left.

The beds are very hard and despite how tired we were we slept poorly and the aircon also kept us awake as it's very loud. We awoke in the morning to get a proper look of the room and to our disgust we found chewing gum in the middle of the bathroom floor. We have asked reception to have this removed several times however after 4 days of being there i had to use my fingernail to remove it because i was sick of looking at it. DISGUSTING!!!

The bathrooms are also very dated and the showers are impractical.

The breakfast is ok but after 5 days here it's getting old, it really doesn't change from day to day. Would be nice to see more fruits, mango etc.

The front desk staff are unfriendly, rude and always seem too busy to help leaving you standing there awkwardly while they chat between themselves.

The pools are small and as people have mentioned there is an insufficient amount of chairs and these are taken at 7am for the whole day.

The only positives about the hotel are it's location which is central to most things and it's spa. Although pricey my husband says the spa is definitely worth it!!

We would not stay here again!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank G0ldygirl12

Dear G0ldygirl12,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am sorry to read about your negative experience with our resort, but I trust that these issues have been rectified right after your feedback.
I am happy to read that you like the location of the hotel and that your husband has enjoyed our Spa.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Despite several days of rain we enjoyed our stay at Burasari. When it was sunny we parked ourselves on the island lounges at the pool. When it rained we took a cooking class with the hotel's main chef. The hotel is towards the end of Patong so not quite as noisy as others. I probably would not go to Patong again but I would recommend Burasari to friends that do.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear GrahamChicago,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, it's good to see that you have enjoyed our little oasis in Patong.
Lukas Gerber,

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My experience in this beautiful resort was fantastic. Being my first trip out of Australia I couldn't ask for more. We had a room on the second floor with little to no balcony, although I was not to worried about that as we spent little to no time in our room. Our room was cleaned immaculately every day. The staff was so helpful and made me feel like the only person in the room even if they were busy.

We made the point to go to the pool bar most days for happy hour as our amazing bar tender Kwang made us feel welcomed every time with his amazing smile and good nature.

I will definitely miss this place.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Mel_J_Rob,
Greetings from the Burasari Family!
Great to read that you had such a good time there with us.
You are right, our newly renovated premier rooms have only small balconies, for those who like to spend more time on the balcony, we have other categories with large balconies.
Kwang at the pool bar and the rest of the team are looking forward to welcome you back.
Lukas Gerber

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
#25 of 331 in Patong
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!