“Very nice pool room, front desk lacked!”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #6 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is very nice on the outside and very close to the beach and the heart of Patong itself.

Check in- staff were pleasant however I didn't really like how the staff hit you straight away for your credit card to take 3000Baht off it for incidentals. The area was very busy and I watched how many patrons were confused by what they were asking due to the language barrier. I just don't think it was necessary as most 5 star hotels I had visited in Asia did not require this. They also used your car a day or so before you got there to ensure you had enough funds.

Also, I turned up at 2pm check in time and my rooms wasn't ready. I was advised it would be 1/2 an hour before I could use it. I needed to have a shower as I had to meet my step daughter for her birthday down the road. i was directed to use the recreation room shower down the hall which was handy although the shower was cold.

But the staff all said hello, the breakfast was plentiful and the room clean and lovely.

All in all it was pretty good for price and location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,286)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is an oasis in Patong! The Burasari Resort is very close to the Patong Beach (5min walk). It has the charm of a very cozy apartment area and does not give you the feeling to stay in an hotel. They have 2 Pools that are surrounded by trees and flowers. The stuff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and offer you a free mini bar with a daily refill. The restaurant offers a big breakfast with euopean, american and asian food. For my taste only the coffee should get improved. The pool offers also a pool bar and pool tables. 10- 15min walk away from the resort you will find the famous Bangla road with shops bars and all other nightlife activities. My advice: Walk there the TukTuk will charge you at least 300THB. If you don’t want to be at Patong Beach every day, take a TukTuk from Burasari to Karon Beach (or all the others you can find on Phuket). As John who will wait in front of Burasari if he will make you a special rate if he can pick you up for the return as well. Price & value are very good and if I would come back to Patong, I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Pool Zimmer 1102 - Poolzimmer mit direktem Poolzugang
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank TipTopTom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have never written on here before, but feel compelled to do so. I stayed here with my best friend from 27th Dec until Sat 4th Jan 2014. It is our fourth time bringing in the NY in Patong and this is by far a secret gem and a must stay location.
We booked an elite room and initially was not happy, not a bother to reception and we were promptly moved the following morning. Everything with the staff was no trouble. The pool area was sublime and a perfect way to escape the madness and noise as all you can hear is the tranquil waterfall.
The wifi was amazing, don;t understand people saying it wasn;t I had no trouble at all and it would automatically connect as soon as I entered the hotel.
The room was spacious and clean. lovely touches with daily beach towels in a lovely beach bag and a complientary mini bar was a welcome treat.
Breakfast was incredible!
I have been fortunate to stay in incredible places all over the world and for the money and location this is right up there. We WILL be back!
P.S the naughty radish salad bar is incredible!

Room Tip: Elite room overlooking the pool with a four poster bed on the balcony, bliss
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HonestGirlEngland
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our check in process was smooth and the hotel room itself was nice. However we were expecting a room that stepped straight out into the pool but instead we got a room with an outdoor bath. Our back door opened up to a swimming pool which had 10 poolside chairs which were always taken up. To make use of the pool, we woke up at 7am once just to reserve two poolside chairs with our beach towels.

Wifi connection was poor from our room which really let me down because we needed to use to internet to find places to eat, look up different beaches etc.

There is a great choice at breakfast. The first morning I went for breakfast I didn't realise that spoons weren't kept on the tables (knives and forks were), so after I came back with my bowl of cereal I asked a member of staff for a spoon and she seemed annoyed but eventually got me my spoon! I realised later that the spoons were kept near the cereals.

Our room was the closest room to a parrot that is kept at the hotel. And it was very noisy so woke us up quite early which was annoying since there were days where we wanted to rest and wake up late (we were on holiday after all!). It's a nice feature but perhaps should be kept near the reception area?

Location was excellent.

1  Thank Dr_shonzy
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I recently stayed at the Burasari In December 2013. This place is amazing, location was great not far from the beach or main shopping strips. The service was fantastic, and very friendly. The Pool Bar Team (Peaw, Joe & Kwang) were awesome they catered to our every need and made us feel very much at home. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I would defiantly stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danielle T
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have stayed here on 6-1-14 to 8-1-14 in elite room first nite checked in was not impressed, twin beds room didn't have good view bathroom look old, shower was cold internet was super slow. Second nite we requested for a room changed and had. king size bed which had a daybed on balcony overlooking the pool which was really nice and special.
Breakfast spread was good, best fresh juice I have tried . Location is excellent not to far to the beach and shopping.
It's depend on which room you get, if you get a good room this hotel is worth 4 star. I like this hotel daybed but not enjoying the cold shower and slow internet access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

First time in Thailand, first time at Burasari. We book 6 nights, half board. Location is just perfect. 1 min to Patong beach, 10min to Bangla, 5min to main road with shops and restauraurants. 2 supermarkets, pharmacy very close from the hotel. It is not placed in the crowded and noisy area of PAtong but it's just a nice walk away... 100% we will come back !
Breakfast: international and thai dishes, fresh fruits, food for everyone.
Lunch: we had lunch, only one time and it was good. we ordered thai...it was perfect. We had also dinner and it was fabulous. Chicken soup with thai spices, mushrooms, boiled in coconut...
Rooms: we had 3236, street view. ok, not spectacular. chairs on balcony, spacious bathroom, minibar, very clean, refresh every day.
spa: just great. we booked 4 packages, two of them Burasari signature. We recomend the massages and treatments, the tea before and after... It's not sexually...but if you need this there are plenty choices in the area :)) .
Patong beach: ok. beds and umbrellas, 100baht/day. A lot of local sellers: food, fresh fruits, drinks, sunglasses - cheap. We eat almost 2 tons of fresh mango and ananas. The water: better in Greece or Italy, Spain...but it's only my opinion... The water is green colour, sandy beach. If you are in Patong, I recomend Karon Beach (15-20min by taxi) or the Phi Phi beaches and Raya Island. We book the trips on the street, exercising our negociating skills. Phi Phi and Raya are parts of Paradise on Earth.
So, go relaxed to Burasari, there will be not bad surprises. It's just perfect.

1  Thank forevertouris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
#25 of 331 in Patong
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!