“Heaven in a busy and noisy Patong” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #10 of 319 Hotels in Patong
London, United Kingdom
“Heaven in a busy and noisy Patong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Burasari is a lovely hotel. It is so beautiful, nice and quiet like nothing else in crazy Patong. We stayed there for 7 nights in a pool view standard room 1213. It was great. We had a free mini bar (soft drinks, beer and biscuits) available every day. We booked with the hotel directly through their website and also got a free individual airport transfer. Wifi at the hotel is free and the speed was good. Lovely room decor, comfortable bed, beautiful grounds and the bar downstairs, restaurant serves delicious food. I recommend to try their pool bar- friendly and funny bartender and Happy Hour cocktails! Breakfast was also very good. The guy who does eggs and omelettes was working extremely fast so there was no queue like in other hotels I have been to - i was impressed. Breakfast variety was great every morning. Staff was friendly and helpful every time we asked for something. I booked a scuba diving day trip with the hotel and it was a fantastic experience. The hotel is located only 1 minute walk to Patong beach. We did not like the beach, as it is not nearly as good as other beaches in Phuket. We spent most of the days at freedom and laem singh beaches - both small, but very quiet and beautiful. You can get a taxi to those beaches from the hotel. I also tried burasari spa - my therapist was lovely and the spa rooms are simply beautiful! I enjoyed every bit of my treatment. There are a couple of things they should change at the burasari hotel though: 1. Make sure beach towels are replaced daily. We had to ask for fresh towels almost every morning. 2.It would be good to have a drying rack in the room/on the balcony. That would help a lot. 3. It would be great also to have a luggage stand, our room was pretty small and there was no proper place to keep our 2 suitcases. 4. Bar and restaurant close around 11 pm and there is no room service after that time. Sometimes it is nice to be able to order a cocktail and a snack to your room after a long day out. Overall Burasari was a nice memorable experience.

2 Thank ElenaGPA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I think I was expecting a lot more when I arrived. The room smelled musty and the ac was noisy. Other than that it had everything I needed. Firstly I didn't like it, and then I thought it was fine for a short break. It wouldn't be a good place for a romantic getaway. The only bad thing that happened was that the mosquitos were very bad, so I was awake in the night a fair bit trying to guard myself. My face got bitten :( I've stayed in Bali a fair bit and this never happened. And it wasn't like I was camping. The bit was a bit too hard. The pool was nice. The breakfast was excellent. Some of the staff were friendly, and some weren't. I asked a lady for a coffee, and she looked offended. Another time I asked for a flat white and got a glass of hot milk which made me laugh. The healthy restaurant was very good. The internet didn't work well at all. Couldn't post photos to Instagram even - a catastrophe. Tip: go to black canyon coffee for super fast wifi, don't eat the food there though! Not good.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Leila H
Banff, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was my first stay at burasari, was there for 2 weeks, staff are super friendly, room was nice and clean. Loved hanging by the pool bar thanks to kwang, joe and peaw. Never made it to the breakfast buffet for a meal but looked amazing and the rest of my crew loved it. I recommend to anyone headed to Patong

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank spindles32
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The very first holiday in Patong, I changed the hotel on the third night to Burasari. People here are nice. The birthday surprise cake arrangement is great though the cake is ugly and taste bad.
The location is not very good. The room is a bit old here (mood collection room). The Jacuzzi tub is very dirty which I need to wash twice before use it! Light suddenly turn off twice in the midnight and the emergency torch in my room is out too!!!!! When the light back, my TV suddenly off. This is a really scary experience for my husband birthday!!! We will never ever go back Burasari again!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Shirley A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon (stayed at vijitt in rawai which is amazing otherwise I would give this 5/5). The room was beautifully decorated. We stayed in a honeymoon suite and it was wonderful. The bed was comfortable, the shower great and the bath even better. The room connected onto the pool which we didn't realise, was a nice surprise. The staff very friendly, helpful and great English. The breakfast was good, best resort coffee so far and good selection of food. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessamae G
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

After holidaying in patong 10 times this resort must rate as the worst, pool bar is very poor no seating very poor service, room service O/K but for the price you can find far better, bar staff are un trustworthy and rude, breakfast not bad but very crowded , you must be early to get a table, you can do far better at the same price at many more resorts in patong, try Merlin beach resort, very good but the best by far is holiday inn this resort is first class , another quick tip don't eat at allibabas Indian restruant you will regret it, we are still here can't wait to leave,

2 Thank georgieboy_11
Lancashire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Handy for the beach as previously stated and it has to be if you are a sunbather as there is no room near the pools or any sun most of the time because of the foliage. We were there for 10 nights over the New Year and Patong was bouncing! The fireworks on NYE (and for the next 7 nights we were there) were the loudest I have ever heard, in fact they made the windows rattle and we were about 200 yds away from the beach. The sea water at the beach has a very dirty look about it as it seems rubbish is washed in from passing ships. Just further up the coast Paradise beach has lovely turquoise water as has Karon Beach again just a short tuk tuk ride away. Back to the hotel, the staff were very pleasant, especially the lady who organised the trips, but we asked for 2 light bulbs that were out to be replaced 4 times before someone came to look at them. It seems the wiring is a bit random and they still didn't work! We also asked for an early call as we were going on a trip but that didn't happen either. We found that the water barely got warm all the time we were there. We had an elite room and thought it was pretty basic for the price. The breakfast however was very good.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away as possible from the roadside, noisey.