“Love Burasari Resort very much!!”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #6 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The room, service, location & food are great! While I didn't enjoy Phuket trip very much but I do enjoy my stay here. One place where I will recommend if you have budget to spend, definitely value for money.

1  Thank andythelim
Write a ReviewReviews (3,324)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Pleasing lay out of surroundings of the hotel. However on arrival the room was very cold with a smell of damp. I shut off the air conditioning and opened the windows to air the room. Later on I closed the windows and put back on the air conditioning there was a really bad smell of damp as it was late we went to bed. The next morning my throat was sore and my eyes were watering it was clear that the smell was coming from the air conditioning unit and upon closer inspection the vents were covered in black mould growth.

The hotel changed our room to their credit this was an upgrade. However after a few days the same situation started to happen in the new room fortunately we were departing before it got too bad. I hope they find a solution to this problem as otherwise it is a very pleasant hotel with attentive staff and good location. The restaurant is not good there are better places to eat but breakfast was acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

When my husband and I arrived at Burasari we went to the pool bar and met with two workers who were/are absolutely wonderful, friendly and so helpful. Their names are Jo and Kwang and also a female worker Peaw. We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay immensely. We had elite pool access room was awesome. The buffet breakfast was great and room service was lovely as well.

Room Tip: Would highly recommend Elite access room for sure.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is located on a side road about 100m from the beach. There are no beach view rooms, but some rooms view the hotel pools (some with direct access) and some rooms have direct view over the busy side street.

On check-in, they told us that they did not have the double room we booked for our honeymoon, but a twin. They ran around for half an hour showing us other twin rooms, before deciding to push two beds together in one room and making a double. Whether this slight lack of basic training is common for this hotel is difficult to know, and I won't hold it against them too much. Overall, the staff are very friendly and helpful, although at times a tad discombobulated as above.

The room itself it fairly standard. TV and tea making facilities are available, as is a desk and small easychair, and a free mini-bar consisting of several cans of soft drink and local beer. Our room had a large shower but no bath, and was kept clean, although was showing some signs of age. The bed itself was fairly comfortable, although it only had a variety of sheets, with the aircon unit situated directly above the bed, and would either alternate between being too warm or too cold with nothing in between.

The room also had a small balcony with a table and two chairs, which overlooking a dusty side street, I wondered who would actually bother sitting there? Buffet breakfast was adequate though not amazing. A selection of both Eastern and Western foodstuffs were available, including cooked to order omelettes and some fresh fruit.

The biggest issue I have with this hotel is in its design as a 'resort'. There are two pools, the main pool consisting of long watery passageways a couple of metres wide linking many ground floor rooms, and a smaller regular pool overlooked by a few trees and sunloungers. The main pool, or should I say water filled passages, ends in a small pool bar, and the pool bar closes in the early evening. There is a separate bar located near the second pool, but which is hardly ever used.

As a resort, I would expect there to be a part of the hotel where guests feel comfortable staying in and relaxing. Neither pool, neither bar or anywhere else in the hotel would be somewhere I would want to spend any time relaxing reading a book, having a drink with friends, or a meal with your other half, due to its inherent design. As a hotel from which you can base your stay and go exploring around Patong or Phuket island itself, it works fine, but if you're looking for an oasis of relaxation, then you need to look elsewhere.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived late Friday night, and told we had been upgraded to the honeymoon suite for one night.. It was gorgeous so huge everything was really comfortable the bed was great.
We then moved to the pool access room which I have to say apart from the bathroom it was even better than the honeymoon suite. The problem with the second bathroom was that the shower was in the bath so unless u are 5 foot you have to bend to wash your hair.
The chair on the deck leading in the pool was gorgeous.
Breakfast every morning was a delight different Asian foods to try so there is more than enough for everyone.
The location was great 2 min walk to the beach 10 min to Bangla rd if you walk along the beach.
All in all it was a fabulous hotel and I would definitely stay here again....

Room Tip: Pay that little bit more if you can and get a pool access room 💚
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Burasari in December for our honeymoon. The hotel is centrally located, 50m from Patong beach. The hotel has 2 pools and even a pool bar which was an added bonus. The service from all members of staff was fantastic, helpful and friendly. They make great long island ice teas :) This hotel is perfectly suited to traveling couples, great value for money. I'll recommend it to all who wish to visit Patong.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed in December 2012,from the 24th December to the 29th December,at the Burasari Resort.I was booked at the Holiday Inn Resort for 7 nights.Spent 2 nights at the the Holiday Inn Resort and discovered the Burasari which is opposite the Holiday Inn.After seeing this hotel,I simply adored and just loved it.An absolute gem.I managed to check out of the Holiday Inn.This is a boutique hotel,the rooms(Elite rooms) are tastefully furnished and the bathrooms are superb.The ambience is magnificent and so is the personal service.The breakfast is excellent.The hotel is virtually a minute walk to Patong Beach.Burasari has an excellent general manager,Lukas Gerber,who is young and hands on.A stay at this hotel is a must..I certainly will return in December 2013.

Room Tip: Must choose the Elite rooms,either pool access or the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 334 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!