“Excellent meal, right price!”

Tandoor Phuket Indian
Ranked #243 of 549 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
“Excellent meal, right price!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed across at Royal Palm Beach Hotel. I ordered take out the first night as we arrived late. Sheekh kabob and chicken tikka were succulent, tender and flavored just right.

The next time I ordered the chicken kaddai , garlic naan, raita and it was out of this world. I live in the USA and haven't had half as good a meal at the gourmet Indian restaurants here. The chicken was full flavored in a fresh kaddai sauce with crisp vegetables and garlicky naan.

The staff are friendly, attentive and nice. The inside is nicely air conditioned and has wi fi free. The inside can use a little work, but it's the food that is amazing.

Highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Worst restaurant experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a horrific experience. My family and I decided to try this restaurant. We asked the waiter what he would recommend and he said to have some rice, flat bread and 2 mains, but then food started to come – a total of a four-course meal which we had not ordered nor agreed to. I called the waiter (seeing that he didn’t even serve us – a cook in the kitchen did) to tell him during both the first and second courses that we didn’t order what was in front of us, nor did he suggest it. His reply: ‘Don’t worry, sir. This is a very reasonably priced restaurant compared with the other Indian restaurants in Phuket.’ I was livid. Some of the dishes were mediocre. The starter included vegetable kebabs which tasted like rubber (definitely not fresh). The bill was presented by a guy who seemed to be doing the cleaning work in the restaurant, and not our waiter. He was nowhere to be found as the bill amounted to B2850.00, just short of $100.00 (for 3 persons). The atmosphere, the cleanliness, the staff and the food contributed to the worst experience that I’ve had at a restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty, friendly staffs and not expensive.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staffs are very friendly and the food is really tasty and not expensive for such a tourist place like Patong.

• Visited February 2013
Sydney
“Amazzzziinnggg butter chicken”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Indians run this restaurant so it's authentic lovely food. Same quality as you would expect in a restaurant in Sydney. Much better service than what we have experienced in Thailand overall. Our meal between 2 people (including drinks, roti, naan, rice and two dishes) was 1130 bhat.
If it wasn't for it being our last night we'd be back again. Great food and service, not especially flash decor but pleasant. Free wifi and inside is aircon.

Bangkok, Thailand
“excellent food”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I really enjoy indian Food - and Tandor is one of my Favorits in Phuket.
The Food is absolutely tasty and reasonable prized

• Visited July 2012