“Best people and place.”

Royal Prince Residence
Ranked #63 of 232 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Usually I don't do this review thing but the service that was provided, the place that We(me and my wife)stayed at and the price, we think these guys have earned it.
Sammy and Wade are bright and young gentlemen running this place they went out of their way to make sure our stay was the most pleasant memory we have. We highly recommend this place to anybody who is visiting Phuket.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Afshanaa
Patong_Accommodation, Manager at Royal Prince Residence, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your great review, we hope to see you again in a future trip to Phuket,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

spent 2 weeks in royal prince residence in the villa with 8 friends, it was just great, went out with the owners, ron, sammy and wade, they showed me their island as we were part of the family.
the villa got 5 bedroom and all amenities needed to spend great holidays.
a nice pool, kitchen, living room,5 mn walk to the shopping center and 15 mn walk to the beach and night life.
we ll see you next year .
i do recommend the villa in royal prince residence , they also have rooms for 2 and duplex for 6.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank paul001155032

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good value of money. It's a budget accommodation but rooms are big and contain all things like AC, Refrigerator, TV. Staff is very helpful and professional. I would stay again in this hotel when I go back to Pukhet.

However, the only negative thing is it's 10 min walk away from the famous bangla road and patong beach otherwise the hotel is awesome.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Adeel A
Patong_Accommodation, Manager at Royal Prince Residence, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Best in it’s class
I had the fortune of falling upon a gem of a place called Royal Prince Residence in Patong, Phuket Thailand. It's a 3 star with the feel of some 4 and 5 star places but without the hustle and bustle that 5 star places have.
This place is quiet!!! It's off the main road among several smaller guest houses.
Royal Prince has a nice, clean, blue 4 meter x 15 meter swimming pool with just the right amount of chairs and loungers surrounding it.
The room I had was there Superior which is there smallest and it was the largest room I've stayed in for a few years now. clean with granite floor and shower surround. The kitchen was smallish but still more than I needed with a good sized refrigerator.
Management was great but not always at the desk but were easy to find when I was looking for a pool side towel. It's only a 15 room hotel with Villa so I can understand them not being able to staff full time. No restaurant either but many near-by.
I stayed there for one day and stopped in again for another week when I returned from trekking the south of Thailand..
It's on the map for my price range that's for sure. Clean rooms and pool, large rooms, quiet, friendly and helpful, close to everything and priced like the 3 star it is when it looks like 4 star. My girlfriend was also impressed.

I hope this helps,
Travis

Room Tip: My room was the smallest and it was large. The Villa is absolutely beautiful, wow. f I was with fri...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travis s
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the house, which was massive.
5 bedrooms plus 3 bathrooms.
The only thing it was a fair walk (20 minutes) from the beach and about 15 from Bangla Road, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what type of holiday you're wanting.
The service however was not so good, we arrived (on time) and there was no-one at reception for about 30 minutes. We were told that house keeping would replace dirty towels everyday - this only happened once & we stayed there for 11 days! All in all it was a good place to stay and very cheap for what it was. Great to stay with a group of friends and all be together!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Usually when you stay at an hotel with the title of the place containing the word "Royal" you expect to be treated like royalty, well that is not what you get from this place.
Lets begin.
We had organised to for a shuttle bus to pick us up from the airport when we arrived in Phuket but when we arrived no one was there to greet us to take us to our hotel. We had to get our own taxi to our hotel. Not only that but the taxi didn't know where our hotel was. If you are deciding to stay here, the street name is "Soi Wirakit", NOT "Soi Veerakit" as it said on the website. The lights and powerpoints in the room were in the most inconvenient places, by the end of the trip I found that i was on an obstacle course every day and night to turn on/off lights and put power plugs in. If you are not a fan of ants, do not stay here for we found ants in our room everyday. On the tables. In the bathroom. Even in the closets. It was a great relief that we had air conditioning seeing as it was so hot all the time, although it got quite annoying when the air conditioning only stuck to one temperature. Sleeping was too hot without the aircon on and too cold with it on. There was no Goldilocks temperature available to us. Our lights were a nightmare as well. Not only did one of our lights not have a light fixture but when you turned the lights on up stairs, our light downstairs would short-circuit and turn off.

Sliding doors are helpful because they provide no hassle when having to deal with them. The only hassle is when the door doesn't open and close with ease and ends up falling off the hinges. The cleaners did not come in for a few days at a time and when they did they just put the same sheet on and made it look neat. I knew this because my sheet had a black spot on it that kept moving all over the bed. I was in a group of 4, our room was given two blankets. When I asked if we could get two more blankets, the staff responded by saying that they "didn't provide blankets." We had to use mattress protectors as blankets. Toilet paper and towels were also annoying because we were rarely given them. I had to ask reception so many times for toilet paper and towels, which also proved a challenge as reception is barely there.

On the website they said 24/7 reception, what a joke. If no one was at reception you had to make a phone call then be told to wait 10 minutes until someone would be there for you. There was no flat screen TV, instead we had some shotty box that didn't work until we had to figure out where the cables went. We were also given a room safe which is great because you never know what can happen overseas and knowing that your precious belongs are safe is a relief, but if you don't know how to use your room safe because it does not have any instructions on it like the room safe we had then you better hide your precious belongings in your undies and socks. When the room was cleaned it was inconvenience to come back to your room and find your back door open for all mosquitoes and other bugs.

I remember one night coming back to our room after a night of going out and being greeted by a lizard that had snuck into our room through the cracked and falling apart ceiling skirting. If you love showers where you don't know if you are gonna get burnt or experience ice cold water, this place is for you as the water temperature likes to vary from hot to cold and vice versa. Our contact to the rest of the world is the Internet which everyone can agree upon although it gets difficult when your wifi in the hotel keeps cutting in and out of connection.

Finishing up I thought the staff was quite rude when answering queries and problems that we faced. It was a bad work ethic. If I were you, I would find a better place for the money. I hope this helped and opened your eyes. Sorry for such a long review but it had to be said. Happy Travels in Phuket. It's an amazing place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Alexandros1992
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This place is ok! We booked it last minute before arriving in Phuket!
Patong city is very busy and somewhat crowded! We got a shuttle from the Airport which just dropped us off and told us over there! Well after walking around in circles we eventually got a taxi! In this time I kept phoning the owner and had no answer! Eventually got hold of him and found the venue!
Our accommodation was a room in a house quite spacious! If you plan on staying for more than 3 days it would be ideal as you have the use of a kitchen so if you wanted to stay in you could! But there are no utensils or kettle!

There is no remote for the AC and we had to ask for toilet paper!

They have a pool which is great and can be used at anytime!
I rate this as average as you have the basics which is all you need! The owner is very sweet! Although there never seems to be anyone in reception! When there is someone other than management they are not helpful!

This place could have so much more potential!

• Stayed: December 2012