“" Awesome Stay"”
Review of Patong Beach Hotel

Patong Beach Hotel
Ranked #15 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We as a group of 3 ladies stayed here, we could not fault one thing about our stay. It was very quiet given the location of being right in the middle of Patong and all the goings on. We felt really safe with all the security guards on duty. The staff were really helpful and were interested in our "shopping shopping"......there was always a smile for us no matter what time of day it was. We had a room over the pool which was nice to look out and see whats going on. The breakfast was perfect, it suited all nationalities, choices of juices, breads, bacon, eggs and other hot dishes. I will stay here again very close to everything, within walking distance of most things, saved us money on tuk tuks.

Room Tip: If the room doesnt suit, go and ask them, they are happy to move you, we had to move due to the see...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leanne D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

yes its the perfect location,walk everywhere you need to go,and because its set back from main road its relatively quiet.rooms are well kept and clean.breakfast is good in a nice area.staff are always helpful and polite.pay a little extra and get the ocean view rooms.both pools are nice,perfect for drink at night.have stayed here many times.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tadvice
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my 2nd visit at this hotel. First stay was at February, 2012. Stiff here still prove good services. what they really need to improve is the gym facilities. I do acknowledge that most hotel provide min facilities. but, at least should have a proper water dispenser in the gym room. if you are a hardcore gym goer, you will not find this hotel is attractive, But, just walk across the road ( less than 2 mins walk), you will find the famous Patong Beach where you go work out there.

breakfast is not bad. bed is little too soft.

Overall, it is a good hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was my first time staying at Patong Beach Hotel recommended by one of my friend. I contacted to the office from Thailand Bangkok office and arrange for hotel reservation, the staff were so nice and helpful, he could manage to arrange whatever I requested and all the staff the hotel were so nice too.
I booked the Sunset Spa Suite room at Patong Beach Hotel on 10-09-2013 until 13-09-2013 through their own website and one of their staff named call Mr Kristsana were helped me out for whichever I requested. I paid for that room about 18270 THB for three night, the price is a little bit higher than the rest but the room is so perfect for me and my girlfriend, it's amazing and really really relax inside the room and we don't even wanted to go out. The hotel location is so convenience for everything we wanted to do, I would say "whatever you need to do at Patong Beach, those will be around at Patong Beach Hotel".
Only one thing the I felt a bit unsatisfied is at the Patong Beach tour at the hotel because I took Coral Island trip for my second day of my holiday and I paid Thai Batt 8000 for two person but some of the sea activities were couldn't organize due to weather condition and they refunded lesser than what they suppose to refunded.
Over all my experience with Patong Beach Hotel is great nothing wrong with the hotel staff and foods, everything are great. If I think of going to Patong Beach again in the future I would absolutely choose back the Patong Beach Hotel and take the sunset spa suite again.
Again special thank to Mr Kristsana for helping us whatever we requested.

Room Tip: If you guys looking for some privacy, quiet, relax and romantic definitely go for Sunset Spa Suite w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wya000
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My first stay at Patong Beach Hotel. We were six ladies. The renovations can be disturbing if your room is above or very close to the area. Do not allow that to put you off.
The rooms are clean, the staff at all times friendly and helpful.
The location is excellent. You're walking distance from the markets, the shopping centre, the beach and the famous Bangla road.
I've been to diff Hotels in Patong and find that Patong Beach Hotel is really worth the visit. I will definetily book there again.
Go to different beaches in Phuket. Kata beach for swimming and water fun!
Surin beach for a sunset drink and dinner.
The Natural Restaurant in Phuket town - excellent food and such an amazing place.
The Orchid restaurant in Patong, close to the Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leopardestelle
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

8 ladies traveling together asked for rooms interconnecting and side by side instead only 2 rooms were side by side the other was a different level and across the yard! They had builders extending the balcony right outside our balcony on the level below all day..Breakfast was great.. But service around the pool wasn't. Took a good while to get service and we were tipping! Plan tours because you can only shop so much that the saying "same same but different" where's off. Wish I had investigated what to do in Phuket and wish I stayed in Bangkok longer than 2 nights. The hotel is in a great position and everyone was lovely.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Heidi F
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Back again from a quite 12 days in Patong (01/09/2013) as usual The Patong Beach Hotel was up to , if not better standards and the staff superb. Quite a lot of maintenance ( some long overdue but probably prioritised) behind the scenes and finishing off general refurbishments. Greated and treated the same - exceptional. Don't forget it was the low season - wouldn't have thought some times. A few traders closed but nowhere near as many as earlier low seasons.
For those with children who find Thai Food a difference there are now a lot of Western style eateries on a price compared with and in a lot of instances cheaper than home and standard of hygiene great - imagine in Australia a Kentucky Fried Chicken Store with someone opening the door for you. Found the new Sizzlers in Banana Walk Complex over rated and expensive - unless u are flush not cheap for a family but much the same as in Aussie using the old popular cheaper qualty food to go upmarket. An old saying, when in Rome do as the Romans do. Realise not all families like Thai Food or too spicey or something, especially the little ones when sick of Burgers,Subway Chicken treat them to a Food cart - Crepes, Corn on the cob , drinks etc really cheap and the 7 11s have now started stocking light foods. Plenty of Restaurants and u can get a brochure from the Patong Development office near Jaycelon with menus ,locations and approx prices. Don't be fooled from the outside appearances (now improving a lot) great food ,good price inside and vice versa with the bigger Restaurants smalller helpings bigger price - pay for name. Staff in smaller eateries more friendlier.
Back to Banana Walk very attractive (owned br Patong Beach Hotel Group but leased out) so u can't charge anything to your room. Still one of our favourites,Banana Bar. Part of the Patong Beach Hotel, great food. tremendous staff ,great band, bit old for upstairs disco but young ones reports are great. Straight out the front of Hotel opposite new complex. This can be charged.
Yeh, Bangla Road still the name tied to Patong Beach but after a few visits,like anything else, seen once or twice becomes a been there and done that. But to get further back from beach for shopping eating etc we always seem to end up going Bangla Rd even though there are plenty of other ways. For the young and young at heart plenty of nite life.
Word of warning, check yout Travel Insurance especially for travel, motor cycle use,para sailing and jet ski's etc. Seen some poor unsuspcting visitors from Europe and Australia also thinking the Insurance they have is suffice (especially from some Travel Agency packages).
Anyhow go and enjoy - and as we always say - We are guest in their country treat them the way u want to be treated as you'll be overwhelmed.
RickH - Bunbaberg

Room Tip: Just ask and play a little dumb - like "I thought that was not the room we were shown" esp...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple