“Great Hotel for Leisure with Kids”

Andaman Embrace Patong
Ranked #109 of 322 Hotels in Patong
singapore
“Great Hotel for Leisure with Kids”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Am just back from Phuket with my family members (8 adults and 3 kids) for 4 days 3 nights staying at Club Andaman Beach Resort.

The reasons I give "Excellent" for this resort are:

1) Service:
Even this is the 3 1/2 star resort but they give us 5 star service. Example; as I requested high floor rooms. 1st room with baby cot, 2nd & 3rd room with 2 beds and the 4th room with king size bed. To my surprised they are prepared all my above requested according my requested. I had stayed in many countries with 5 start hotel, but on even one hotel they are prepared 100% according to my requested. That’s why I felt surprised..... Normally those 5 star hotels that I had been visited, upon reaching, I might need to request and remind again and again the hotel staffs to provide me the baby cot .......sometime I felt desperate on this request especially my little baby need the cot for rest.

Not even they meet my requested, when I reached the resort, they are already prepared all the necessary check in document for me to fill and signed. I only spend less than 15 mins to settle my check in (total 4 rooms according to my earlier requested). Is it efficient? Yes yes yes, we are surprised with their check in efficient.

2) Location:
Just nice...... far away from the noisy, good for family stay and those not that like the night life. If you are the person like the night life, just walk down a few minutes, you may enjoy what you want. There are also got alot of good food around there......

3) Rooms & cleanliness:
Big enough for my kids to play around and clean. They clean my room every day.

4) Sleep quality:
Good, no noise as I mention I stay at 7th floor and the location is far to the night life area.

5) Value:
Even it is 3 1/2 star hotels but value to stay as I received 5 star hotel services. I strong recommend this hotel + it is not expensive.

Above just I and my family members' comments and experience.

P/s: My kids like thier SWIMMING POOL......and my kids even asked me when we are back again to this resort :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
perth australia
Reviewed March 23, 2010

bad start we paid for balcony rooms which were not available we got them after 3 days
hotel in general was not bad the letdown was the pool area, very old and dirty sunbeds
service from the poolside was a disgrace your table was left to ants and flies all day
and there policy of 1 towel per day even if you swim early morning you are advised to leave
the wet towel on your sunbed all day, very unfair for other guest, i would say it was a 1star
pool area

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Brisbane
Reviewed March 13, 2010

My wife and I stayed 9 nights at the hotel, and enjoyed the relaxed mood of the location. The bed was a super king, however it was very hard and uncomfortable and the air con was very noisy. We told the staff of the problems and the air con was fixed immediately and a support / blankets, were put on the mattress to make it a little more comfortable, The room was serviced daily by very friedly staff who gave us extra bottled water on request at no charge. The location is 100m from the beach, as is the main street and close to all shops and cafes. The daily breakfasts had a great selection as did the evening meal. there was a band playing in the lobby bar each night and a happy hour.
Overall it was an enjoyable stay in a pleasant resort.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2010

The highlight of our stay at Club Andaman was our favourite pool boy! He was at our beckon call the entire stay with food and drinks by the pool nearly every day. With a reasonable tip (which was huge to him) the boys had consistent delivery of beer every half hour without delay or request!
We visited with another couple, so had plenty of alone time in the fab restaurant which offers the best breakfast we experienced out of three locations in Thailand, and we had plenty of fun as a group or girls time and boys time.

Our room was not as amazing as another couple of friends (who stayed elsewhere and were paying almost double what we were) but we found the rooms very large, clean, very comfy beds, free bottled water daily and friendly helpful housekeeping staff (who made our beds up from 2x singles to a king bed with proper mattress cover and thick sheets so we couldn't feel the dent in the middle).

The tour guide in reception had good English and spent ages with us planning our tours. She arranged private coaches to all our things to do at minimal extra expense. The bus driver was brilliant and even found us in the middle of the packed markets to say "I'll be waiting over there when you're done" and proceeded to patiently wait while he spoke to his bus driver buddies. It was heaven, no nerves about transport or getting lost, of course he could see us a mile away being a head and shoulders taller than everyone else in the market.

No complaints, loads of fun, great service, we will return to Club Andaman!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
ipoh
Reviewed March 2, 2010

even some says this hotel a bit old but to me they offer great services. the staff all friendly. the allowed us to check in early, FOC ok? very2 helpful. in fact we they sent us to airport (i got free airport transfer) i still can request to stop buy at some place to buy last minute souvenir. no charge. we only gave tips to the driver. they also replied our email when we need to confirm the date & airport transfer.

food i think ok. only the hotel not a walking distance to the happening area especially on the 3rd day we already tired to walk :) but hey you can rent motorbikes with good rate right.

overall i have a pleasant stay there

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Iran
Reviewed February 24, 2010

If your looking for a place were you can have both adventure and quality time with your friends, I find Club Andaman a perfect place. The location is perfect. two minutes walk to the beach and located between two popular street in Patong. 10 minutes walk to disco area (Bangela Road). The Garden is decorated amazingly. bottom line, it's a value for money hotel. The staff were really friendly and they were always helpful and polite. I recommend you to get the top floor rooms since the lower levels are a bit old and cleanliness is not as expected, although we had a little problem with cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sojer
Singapore
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I had a guaranteed booking in Andaman Cottage from 13th to 17th Feb 2010. To my horror, on reaching the resort, I was told that all cottages are full and they have made alternative arrangements in a nearby hotel (Blue Marine), which turned out to be some 2 Km away. It was a nasty experience - I shouted at the staff at reception for a few minutes, but not of any use. I had to stay in a different hotel for 2 days, something I had not bargained for and moved into my booked room for the remaining 2 nights. A hotel that cannot honour a booking shoudnt be in the business - avoid this completely unprofessional place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank SingaporeAsian

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels