“What managment plans a construction during high season?!?”

Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa
Ranked #148 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 24, 2010

The resort is a bit outside of Patong beach, wich is OK, cause then it would be not so noisy.. well, thats true... unless there is a big construction/renovation ongoing at the resort!!! from 8-20 there was NO quietness on my room, only drilling and hamering.
Well, enough complaining.. the room was good and spacious, bathroom was good. Breakfast was good. But the best was still the service, it made me feel kinda bad that i complained about the noise!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
clubbamboo, Paveena at Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2010

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.

Most of all was good, thank you very much for your compliment. I have only one point of your review I am surprise about construction complaint. I am not really sure what your period of stay with our resort. To be honest since mid-January,2010 we didn't have any construction in the hotel. Would be possible can you please inform me what your full name and your period stay?

By the way I am very sorry for any inconvenience to interrupt you during your holiday.

I am look forward to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2010

Good Resort , located on an Higher land & approx around 15-25 mnts walk from the Main Shopping area of Phuket,

Located on an Higland with gud Interiors with an Small Pool with an Pool side restaurant.

VALUE FOR MONEY IN PHUKET.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MRGK
clubbamboo, General Manager at Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2010

Greetings from Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and hotel staff,

Thank you very much for your kind supporting to Club Bamboo. All your comment and suggestion is most value for the hotel operation. We are really appreciate on your feedback and willing to improve the unsatisfied points and keep the good point be a standard.

We hope we can have a chance to create a good environment and service to welcome you and your family in the near future again.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

stayed at bamboo with my friend ARRON [AZZA] for 2 weeks.This is my second holiday in thailand and proberbly the best holiday of my life.I cannot understand some of the negative coments off other guests because the hotel was faultless,but there are always some people who will never be pleased.
The rooms were very clean and well decorated with lots of space.The shower curtain was changed regular and new bed sheets everyday.The gym was brand new and as good as anyother if not better.The pool was very relaxing because of the tropical surrondings with the bar and restraunt next to it.
The hotel was located perfectly in patong.I hired a motorbike from hotel to get about on because no matter where you stay in patong if you want to see everything you need one.On some days we would walk to beach or patong center because it was a nice walk and it gave you a chance to take everything in,we also felt very safe in doing this,sometimes walking by myself with no problems.
The hotel staff were unbeliveably friendly and i made good friends with many,i would say it felt like being part of a family which made me sad to leave.I will 100% be staying here again.
Overall this is proberly the best place to stay in patong and im sure you wont regret it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank wishyouwozhere

Reviewed March 6, 2010

My friend and I, we have a great stay in Club Bamboo Boutique Resort.
We have had a warm welcome and everybody from staff was very kind.
We had a quite and big room with all the necessary furniture. The hotel as a Jungle atmosphere and our room was inside this atmosphere, which was a special experience. We were close to the quit+beautiful pool and the restaurant were we have had every morning breakfast. The hotel has a beautiful location. It is a peacefull place and still close to the city center and the beach. The staff at the front office is very kindly and they did help us with all the questions that we have had.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim m
clubbamboo, General Manager at Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2010

Reviewed March 2, 2010

Well to be honest i am a Tour Operator and my wife is employed with an airline. ..

We arrive on the 16th of Feb at the resort only to be told that the hotel was fully booked however they would oblige us by giving us something in a nearby hotel, However we refused since we were in Phuket only for 4 Nights for a scuba diving programme. Also demanded to see the general Manager of the hotel since it was she who had confirmed the room to us which i had booked on booking.com. as a policy and insurance i always cross check with the hotels if they are having the booking with them, which they said they did, and undersigned by the GM, in any case upon being denied the room i insisted to seeing her, since it seemed highly odd that this place is overbooked and over sold evne after taking clarification from her with regards to the room.

Nonetheless she came and i spoke to her and agreed to take a downgrade for the night and after which they would upgrade us to the presidential suite the next morning which we did get.. our initial booking was in the deluxe jacuzzi room.

Yes the room was great, the people the staff and the place is perfect, the room was great and had a massive jacuzzi (takes about 3 hours to fill it up!! :)) not to mention the amount of water you waste (which is why we did not land up using it), However we were treated to this great room and a great dinner and i have no complaints however we saw a lot of this happening in the Hotel i have never seen so much overbooking in a hotel prior to this trip. Almost everyone in the resort had been either moved to another hotel for a night or had been given upgrades to pacify their warth, could possibly be due to giving rooms out at so many websites has its drawbacks.

I loved the hotel and the staff the manager was also kind to me.. the upgrade was great no hot water in the rooms but who cares it was really hot in phuket anyways. the food and the service was also great..

The only drawback is the crying need to organize their room inventory, which solved can greatly improve the ratings of the Hotel. The Hotel Manager was uber cool and very very helpful..

Suggestive is to rent a bike and move to Patong beach.. to be honest avoid this beach in totality stay at Kata / Karon beach there is only prostitution on Patong beach the beach to avoid is this one.. also it has rip offs in terms of the pricing for food etc.,

all in all a great place to stay and best part away from the hub nub of the patong beach at the same time close to it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dhaval_Jangla
clubbamboo, General Manager at Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2010

Reviewed February 25, 2010

The hotel is attractively landscaped with lots of trees and shade. Small swimming pool kept very clean on patio next to restaurant convenient for rooms. Staff very friendly and coped well with my requests for change of bed.
There are a lot of steps so not so good for people with disabilities.
Its quiet and some distance from beach but shuttle bus worked well.
Some very good street restaurants further along the road towards the fruit & veg market.

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank OldSofty
clubbamboo, General Manager at Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2010

Reviewed February 24, 2010

My friend and I arrived at Phuket airport on 4th February and couldn’t find the hotel pick up and when I called the hotel, they couldn’t find my name on their record. It was only after some time when they told me that the driver was already on his way. When the driver arrived, we realized the reason why my name weren’t on their record, not only did they addressed me as a MR, they had totally misspelled my name.
We were not able to check-in when we arrived as there was a dispute between the hotel and some guests. We had to wait for an hour before we were checked in and during which no one came to offer any assistance. To me Thai people are warm and friendly, however the front desk staffs had proofed otherwise. They were unfriendly and grumpy, not to mention they are racist as well.
The next morning my friend was getting ready, the water stopped, she called the front desk and complained. The hotel only managed to get the water problem fixed after we had to call and nudged them a few times.
During the stay in Phuket, we had arranged a few activities with a local agency, instead of calling using our handphone, we decided to use the hotel phone. When I called the front desk to check on the rates, I was told that to make a local call cost 4baht PER CALL, I even repeated myself to confirm that the rate was PER CALL and not PER MINUTE. In the end they slapped me with a bill of 21baht PER MINUTE for a 8minutes call.
We had been using their free internet access from the lobby’s PC, however, when my friend found out that there is a free secured WIFI service from the hotel, she asked me to help get the password from the frontdesk when I’m on my way down to use the internet. I went to the frontdesk to ask for the password and was served by an unfriendly Supervisor, by the name of Win (see attached for photo). After I’m done with the internet, this Win guy slapped me with a bill and told me that since I’ve gotten the WIFI password from him, which means I have my own PC / handphone, I shouldn’t be using the hotel’s. That was truly a despicable act as he sneakily timed me when I used the internet and had the cheek to slap me with a bill when internet is free!!!!
On the day of our checkout, I had to dispute the 2 above-mentioned payments. Unfortunately, it was Win who was at the front desk. Not only was he unreasonable, he even threatened to call the police and refused to let me talk to the manager. He basically told me to sit away from the counter and wait so that he could serve other customers. In my opinion, he was hoping that we were pressed for time to get to the airport and we would be left with no choice but to settle the bill. I refused to stand aside and waited at the counter until I saw the manager and I went up to her to ask to speak with her.
We managed to come to term, she waived off the internet charges, however, I still have to pay for the phone call as it’s a third party cost. When Win was told of the final amount for my payment, he obviously wasn’t too happy, he literally threw the bills in front of me and walked away. After settling the bill, we wanted to leave our luggage at the concierge, not only did he ignore me, he left me at the counter and went to serve other Caucasian customers. When I interrupted him, he told me off and said that he was serving other customers and I just had to wait. At that point, I was totally disgusted with his service and retorted that he was serving me first. He continued to ignore me and finally he told me where the concierge room is and I could bring luggage in myself.
The hotel was awful, staffs are unfriendly, unethical and racist - avoid at all costs!!!
I will never recommend this hotel to my friends and I will continue to share my experience with other travelers.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends