Booked for 8 nights over Christmas. Lasted 5 till we realised we needed to pay for another hotel in addition to this to save our holiday.
The website for Club Bamboo is very misleading. Please don't be fooled as we were into thinking this was a modest hotel in a delightful tropical setting with pleasant staff.
-Our deluxe room was old and tired. Not in a quaint kind of way but one of neglected. Prisoners in the local jail would likely get a better mattress than the old lumpy and indented one we had. This was the reason for our early departure as we were told that although no other rooms were available and a replacement mattress was not possible? they would try and add another layer to the mattress - This was never undertaken... Sleep was backbreaking!
The furniture in the room adds to the dilapidated overall appearance. The couch would be only appropriate for a grungy student flat. Uncomfortable!
Air conditioner from upstairs leaked and dripped onto our balcony day and night.
Housekeeping was friendly however she must be employed on an hourly basis as she would be pestering us each morning to clean our rooms around 10am!
-As an Architect myself the place is one of amazement. If the Euro owners had a sense of moral responsibility they would at minimum see to the following blatant hazards:
1. Raise the height of the notional balsutrades and provide and infill so adults and children won't fall the three storey drop onto the steps below.
2. Fix the steps so that they are close to equal risers.
3. Remove some of the many minor level changes in the floor to prevent constant toe stubbing and tripping. If your thinking this is sounding like a fun park it is but in a horror the jokes on you kind of way.
4. Remove the glass door that is ON the stair to the roof top exercise area.
- We wrongly thought there was a gym. What it is is two or three rusted and broken exercise machines on the roof plus a couple of rusted dumbell bars with an odd mismatching half dozen weight plates equally rusted. Like a very sad suburban garage sale. I asked the owner about this on our departure. She told me they only advertised the provision of an exercise area..... smug.
- Breakfast. Boring! I was sick twice and my partner once which we think was as a result of this place. It's either the food or the bottled water that they provide in the rooms. Unlike the other hotels we stayed at which provided plastic consumer water bottles. Bamboo had glass reusable bottles with ozone sterilised water. The 'reusable' is noble however i would avoid the water if you must stay here! I think the sterilisation is dubious....
- Our two other hotels we stayed at, being Club 17 & Bliss. Were both exponentially better. (Club 17 less $$ and Bliss much more $$$) The staff at both were welcoming and friendly. They both gave us a beautiful customer focused sense of Thai hospitality.
Contrastingly Club Bamboo staff are distant and seem very unhappy in their work. They all seemed quite depressed and gave the place a very sombre tone. One staff member aside as he apologised to us quietly as we left the building. 'I'm sorry, I know' which kind of said it all to us.
- They advertise a Jacuzzi. This appears to have been lost at some point in their expansion. The waterfall over the pool is another white elephant that hasn't been used in years it would appear.
- Mosquitos are very bad all day and night around the pool and restaurant area.
There are a myriad of other things wrong with this hotel that I would strongly advise to consider another.
The location is poor and the service is poorer! The European owners could not careless as they must rely on the steady stream of unaware tourists like me and my partner to fund their little scam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Bamboo is a small boutique resort located in the best part of Phuket, Patong Beach. Situated in a jungle garden, on a foothill overlooking Patong Bay, this resort offers the chance to be close to the most lively night life and, at the same time, welcomes you in its quiet oasis of exotic green for an intimate relaxation. At night you can dine at the poolside restaurant and enjoy the fine traditional Thai cuisine hearing crickets and looking at the stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Bamboo Boutique Hotel Patong
- Hotel Bamboo Boutique
- Resort Bamboo Boutique
- Club Bamboo Boutique Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket