Booked Family Room and stayed 6 nights.
The Family room is big (has 2 queen size bed and sofa and can fit an additional single bed). the room is clean but the the bathroom is a bit dated. The staff are friendly and helpful.
By the time we left Phuket airport, it was past 10.30 pm (there was a long queue going through immigration) and by the time we reached Patong beach it was well past 11 and the taxi driver seemed to have trouble locating the place. After asking for directions, the driver was told that the Horizon was up the alley way (at that time of the night) and insisted that he take us to the front door and was pleasantly surprised when we actually got to the entrance. It is definitely not something I would have imagine going up the alley way. It is like a world apart from the alley way to the resort. We later learnt there are 2 entrances, one along the beach (has an arch way) and the other is through the alley way.
* swimming pool is good
* breakfast is fantastic (explore as there is a cooked to order in the outside sitting area)
* room service - we ordered from promotion menu and is very reasonable (although the first night one dish was luke warm but had no complains as it was late and did not want to go out again)
* wifi works. Our room included wifi and we were provided two login details - which I initially thought is locked to two devices. I later learnt that if you logout from one device, another device can login using the same login. This allows 4 devices to be connected albeit not at the same time which we were ok with. There is always free wifi in the lobby area
* plenty of towels for use in the room and pool
* complementary drinking water
When checking in, we were advised to drop the key (key with a fairly long plastic tag) if we leave the hotel. This means we have to request the key again from the counter when we return. We were a bit annoyed initially as we were used to holding our keycard to our room. Later found that it was a good idea and for security as well. By the second day, the ladies at the counter already know us and had the key ready as we approach the counter!
Was going to try the spa but seems pricey. Definiitely better value outside the resort.
Location was good, along Patong beach (plenty of shops) and 15min walk to the Jungceylon shopping mall (we spent a bit of time there)
Checkout time is noon and our plane was close to midnight. After enquiring, I found out there is a shower room and towels were available for us if needed. After some last minute shopping and massage we headed back to the hotel and took a shower before waiting for our taxi pickup.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just across the road from Phuket's finest west-coast beach, Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa offers two swimming pools with a baby pool, kid's club, fitness centre, internet and games room, massage corner, reading area, 24 hour room service, sports bar with pool table, coffee shop, Italian restaurant and restaurant serving Thai, continental and the best Indian food on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Patong Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa Phuket