“Good location but a little tied”

Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #41 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Glen Iris, Vic
“Good location but a little tied”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Recently my wife and I, and another couple, I stayed at the Horizon Patong & Spa, at Patong, Phuket. I have to say that the room was reasonably nice and clean, and while the room (and the hotel in general) looked a little tied, it was pleasant enough. The floor in the bathroom was a little wet from a leaking tap near the toilet (seems to be common problem with hotels throughout Asia). The bed was quite comfortable as well; however there was no internet our room….you had to go down the foyer to get free internet connection. The breakfast was very good...in fact I would have to say that it was on par or slightly better than many other similarly priced hotels. The best part of the hotel was its location. Only 200 metres to the beach and around 500 metres walk to Bangla Road (where all the night life is). There are also many very good restaurants in close proximity to this hotel.

The pools, and their surroundings, were very nice. Quite a relaxing experience over all.

Drinks from the bar we reasonably priced during 'happy-our' but were very expensive after that. It is better to go outside for a drink – far cheaper!

Would I stay there again...I would, however I will look at other hotels first as there are so many to choose from in that area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed at the Horizon Beach Hotel many times.We ( myself,wife,brother&sister inlaw) feel it's value for money, the staff make us welcome every time. The hoel is close to the beach and is centrally located, love the pool area. Wait for the happy hour.We will return.
Bushy

Room Tip: rooms around the relax pool(delux) are good. Try to avoid the school holiday's
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ballina
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Love Horizon Patong. We stayed here in September with our kids and my parents. We had a great time. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are amazing, so lovely and always friendly. The kids loved the pool and felt right at home. The complex is right in the heart of Patong opposite the beach but set just back from the road so that it is not noisy. We can't wait till our next visit (aug '14) Highly recommened for a great stay that feels like home away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great place to stay with Family with kids or teenagers or just a friends! Staff is very friendly the rooms are great and the complex is in the heart of Patong but still very quite from all the noises of Patong. We stay in Family Room on the second floor with the nice view over the gardens. Rooms where clean and roomy with big balcony. Excellent breakfast for everyone big variety.Staff always polite ready to help. The resort is located 2 min walking to beach. This was our 10th or 11th stay in Phuket and we definitely will go back again to Horizon. The Resort has everything what you need. There is no lifts but the staff is very helpful with carry on your suitcases so this is not a problem and the building are only 2 floors. We had great stay and definitely I will recommend to all. Great gym, my boys love it. We stay there with group of 6 friends and everyone enjoyed the stay. Strongly recommended, very safe to stay always security by the entrance, opposite shop with grocery . Overall very good place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mag15
Perth Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went back to the Horizon again this year and loved it. The staff are fantastic and so friendly it was like coming home. The family rooms have been renovated, the wood stained darker and a nice new shower heads. Ground floor rooms the rails have be removed and you can go out that way with a few steps that have been put on the grass. Also heard that their will be a new railing but it will have a gate so you can still pop out but have the secerity for the little ones. Can not wait to see it.

Breakfast is always good with lots of chose from. Pie at the kids club is back and she is so wonderful with the kids and has amazing arts and craft skills to keep them entertained. They is a mini mart very very close for your convienance.

The family rooms are very large and have a kitchen, with a little stove, sink, microware and a big fridge. Two large beds, couch table and so much cupboard space that you can put all 4 big suit cases away and all shopping away till its time to pack for home again. No tripping over things. I find the room service or getting lunch by the pool very good prices.

If you head out the exit towards the beach on your right hand side (facing the beach) is a little shop that does laundry for thb50 per kilo which is about Aud1.72. But she also does tours and I have used her for many years and she is very good and gives good discounds.

I had a fantastic stay and would always recommend this hotel. The location is fantastic. I can not wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is our 9th or 10th stay at the Horizon and we have had another brilliant stay. 10 night stay...

Staff are so friendly and every time we come back they remember us.

We need a room on ground floor and every stay we have emailed the resort and have always been given ground floor rooms.

Breakfast is very nice and change dishes each day. They have egg station where you can get fresh omelettes, eggs, waffles etc made fresh.

Location is the best. Close to beach, Bangala Road, markets etc. there is also a little mini mart about 50 metres outside resort which has everything you need.

We have stayed at other resorts at Patong Beach but this place is amazing.

Room Tip: We go for deluxe rooms which are located around the pool. Each room has either a balcony or a little...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The location is great. When we booked and paid several months prior to our stay we asked for a ground floor as I have an injury and can not walk up stairs well. When we arrived we had been given a second floor room. we were told we could move in three days, which we did and it was good. After several more days renovations started in the room next to ours and all we could here was banging, drilling and hammering as if it was in our room. I asked what they could do about this. We were told the only room on the ground floor was a smaller room for two people! I may add that we paid good money to have a large family room with a kitchen as sometimes I am in to much pain to go out at night and need the kitchen to reheat food we had bought through the day.

We had no choice but to move into this shoe box of a room. I was told as compensation for the room difference they would offer us 8,000 bart credit for food and beverage. After ordering room service and a few drinks by the pool we were sent a bill to our room. On questioning this we were told that room service was not food and beverage and that I was told room service was not included. Unless it was said to me in Thai, I was not told that! After several times questioning the reception staff, they changed their story and we could not agree on what was said.

On our last night I was so frustrated my husband wrote a letter of disappointment stating how disappointed he was. The following morning I went up to pay the bill and was told that the bill was wiped, and they would give us our deposit back as we could not have my husband disappointed. I was more upset that they did not listen to me at all but my husband got involved and all of a sudden all fixed.

Appart from that the beds were rock hard with lumps in them in the family room. When we moved to the small two person room that bed was ok. The buffet breakfast was nice and the landscape and ambiance of the hotel is relaxing. I was told by one of the reception staff that the hotel was under new owners.

After my husband sent the email we were offered on our return stay to pay for the single room and to be upgraded to the family room. The best thing about this hotel is that it is big with out being too big that you feel like you are staying in an army camp.

Room Tip: Make sure that they are not renovating where you are staying as they are doing renovations, and if y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family