“Lovely hotel, great staff - good location - exceeded expectations!”

Impiana Resort Patong Phuket
Ranked #19 of 322 Hotels in Patong
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, great staff - good location - exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a solo traveller, and being in patong I wasn't expecting to have quite such a relaxing stay but the hotel was wonderful. It's situated in the middle of the beach - direct access to the sea. The particular section of the beach is very clean and not too busy. There's a bar on the beach doing really good cocktails for 180thb all day. The hotel pool is great - very refreshing. I found pool staff very friendly and helpful, they're attentive enough without ever being intrusive - they do a cocktail happy hour 5-8pm (140thb), and give you little complimentary snacks, really nice little touch! Such a peaceful place to watch the sun go down over the sea. The rooms are lovely, lots of space, very quiet (I had a basic garden view room) - large bath, huge bed, little balcony. My only critique would be to suggest maybe getting memory foam mattress toppers as the beds are quite hard. Breakfast was also great - lots of choice and good quality food prepared well. For shopping: there are loads of little standard knock-off shops opposite the hotel entrance, plus a family mart and a boots 2 minutes walk away. The rest of patong can be quite obnoxious but the hotel completely separates you from that, and if you don't want to - you never need to leave really! If I could change anything I'd suggest the addition of a gym/fitness room. But other than that I can't fault it. I will definitely be returning. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank fxt84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Had three nights here after a busy trip around thailand in the week. I was very impressed with everything! Got upgraded on arrival & they surprised me with a birthday cake on turn down for my birthday which was really sweet. I found the staff very helpful and friendly and service at breakfast was very good too. Huge breakfast variety and all delicious!
It's a little oasis from the chaos in Patong!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed February 13, 2014

First time stayed at Impiana after visiting Phuket for the 3rd year in a row. The staff is absolutely friendly and very helpful with any imaginable needs. Of course, such amazing location has its price, but we have been willing to pay for that and it was worth to pay for. The beach is just right in front of the hotel, the pool area is nice and clean, the whole hotel setting is lovely and reminds more of a private place than being a hotel as all buildings are just one floor high. The breakfast is surely one of the best ones you can get in Thailand, there is just everything one needs and lots of things which are unexpected to have, i. e. spicy chorizo salami etc.

Room service is fine, general room conditions of the rooms we stayed (pool view room, royal suite) has been good whereby the royal suite is amazing. Surely, there are things which can be better but where you won't find that? With the help of the hotel staff there is no wish which keeps not being being fulfilled and thats what counts for me on holiday, people who do their best to make it an unforgettable stay, and the whole Impiana team made our stay unforgettable. We will surely come back on our next trip, might be trying their private villas at Kata beach as well.

Room Tip: If you look for real luxury try the royal suite
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HeikoTaiwan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 5 times since 2007, each time the standards of the hotel have declined.

Firstly - location is fantastic, and the staff are all very nice. The pool area is lovely, although they need more chairs. By 730am all of them were "claimed" with towels/various personal effects on them - I can't work out how so many were claimed that early as I doubt that people get up so early and then return to sleep - breakfast doesnt get busy until 930/10am!

The biggest problem is standards of the rooms - they simply do not get enough maintenance. Bathrooms have little bits of mould, showers are leaking. The sliding doors in each room have small gaps between the door and the frame - allowing noise and heat in. The aircon in my second room didnt work well - took too long to cool down. Somebody came and looked at it but after 30 minutes of banging on the roof he left and it was only a little bit better.

Noise is a problem, some rooms are located too close the main street and with the aforementioned issue with the door seals it is impossible to get to sleep. I asked for another room and they moved me - however their was an interconnecting door in my new room, just the one door not two like most interconnecting rooms - and it was like sharing my room with the couple next door. I could hear their TV and see when their lights were on.

This hotel has the foundations to be a perfect setup - location, staff, view, pool are fantastic. However the rooms need a very good renovation and ongoing maintenance to bring them up to modern standards, they are in poor condition and unless their is an deep discounted special rate I wont be staying here again - much better hotels for same or less price now in Patong.

Room Tip: Insist on a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank HKTLad
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great location on the waterfront in Patong! Walking distance to Bangala Road.

The room presented well, however the room lights keep shorting and turning off and on all night, and the toilet barely flushed.

We got the pool room, which was to be expected, people where up early - earlier then us having a great time around the pool so it did get a little noisey. If we weren't so hung over it would have been fine.

Room service was great, breakfast buffett was great.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be kept up don't book a room near the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a beautiful setting and certainly has that luxurious feel. However, we have stayed in a hotel for half the price and feel the atmosphere was much better there and service equally as impressive. If you want to pay the extra for the beach setting by all means do as it is breath taking. The breakfast and restaurant is nothing out of this world. Bit disappointing that it has only one relatively small pool compared to Patong Merlin which has multiple.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Francesca M
ManagerImpianaPatong, Front Office Manager at Impiana Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Francesca M,

Thank you for the compliments on the setting of our resort. We are pleased to know that you are happy with the service and your stay here.

We have however noted on your comments. Rest assure, our rates have been set at a very competitive price considering the period of stay. Hence, during the peak season, our rates would tend to be higher increasing accordingly to the surrounding hotels. As such, during the low peak season, I believe, you would find that our pricing would also be very reasonable in comparison. We do hope that you will take the opportunity to visit us once again.

As for the pool, we do regret that you have found our pool to be small. We are a resort comprising of 68 units and we have built the pool based on the size of the resort which we understand is sufficient to cater for the number of guests we have. Nevertheless, our location, located right by the beach makes it one of the reason why it is always so convenient have an option to just hop in the pool or the beach.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We certainly look forward to your return once again.

Yours sincerely,
Pin Yoo Endin Ren
Area Revenue and Front Office Manager
Redmond
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I selected this hotel based on the positive reviews and I'm so glad I did. Originally I booked it for 3 nights and we loved the location so much that we cancelled our other hotel to stay here the rest of our trip. The hotel is right in the middle of all the shops, massages, restaurants and a 5 minute walk to Bangla Road where all the bars are. We never took a taxi or tuk tuk, we walked everywhere (and we're not the walking type). The hotel is right in front of the beach so you could just take a towel and go in the water. The hotel is small and there is only one pool but I didn't mind that because it gave that cozy vibe. We loved that there was a lot of vegetation outside the rooms so there was some privacy when you walked around. All the rooms are on the ground floor and the size of ours was ok, (we booked a Superior). It had everything we needed. The bathroom was also nice and it had a nice window where a lot of light went through. It has a shower/bathtub and eventhough I did read the reviews about being rotten and not clean, I never felt that it was that bad, maybe I am not that picky. I loved that we could control the lighting from a switch board right in the bed's headboard so we didnt need to stand up and turn stuff off. The only downside is that we could hear some of the noise from the next room and from the busy street but it wasn't bad enough to not be able to sleep, but I would recommend you to ask them for a room that is closer to the beach so this doesnt happen.
The service was exceptional, they remembered us when we came in and all of them were always trying to help. All of them spoke english which was great and they went above and beyond to help us. One of them even called our tour company (it wasnt from the hotel) from his cell phone and checked why they were being late which was nice of him. Also the tour packages they offered were reasonably priced (I compared them to other tours and the difference wasnt that much). A tip: you can negotiate the tour prices to go lower.
Breakfast was awesome! The 5 nights we were there, the thai food was always different and the international options were pretty good. I loved the egg station also.
The italian restaurant was very good and we went a couple of times, the service was awesome there too.
I also would like to mention that when we did the tours, when they dropped off other people to other hotels we kept confirming that our hotel was the best one in presentation, location and the fact that its right on the beach, most of the hotels in Patong Beach are at least one block away.
As other reviewers have said, if you want privacy and are planning on doing nothing/relaxing and enjoying the hotel during your stay, look at other beaches and resorts.
But if you want the combination of shopping, touring, going to the beach where it involves going out a lot, this is the place for you, you will save a lot in taxis/tuk tuks because you wont need them.
I would definitely recommend this to other people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the beach and far away from the main street because you can hear all the noi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Selene I
Dear Selene C,

Many thanks for the positive and constructive comments. We are pleased to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us and will continue to recommend others to our lovely resort.

We will indeed continue to strive in delivering the best for our guests. We look forward to your return hopefully, very soon.

Thank you.