Hmmm, I do not quite know where to begin. Unfortunately we made this booking before reviewing recent posts on tripadvisor due to the fact we have stayed at the Impiana Resort approximately three times, albeit a few years ago.
Okay, I booked this room through Agoda and received a good price, but there was a no-cancelation policy with this booking.
After reading all of the bad critiques regarding this property, I immediately sent them off an email requesting a clean room with comfortable beds...not to much to ask for. When we were shown to our room it was disgraceful, exactly how other reviewer's had described. The room was dirty, beds woeful and the bathroom was in need of serious repair, the floor in the shower was broken, and with a child would have been rather hazardous. The walls in the room were covered with dirt as described by the previous reviewer.
I then requested the Resort Manager come and inspect the room, he was away so the Guest Manager came instead. When I pointed out the situation and showed him the state of the room, he said he would be back in 10 minutes. He then asked me to see another room which was marginally better.
In his defence, he was very accommodating and a lovely gentleman who was doing his very best, so no complaints at all about the staff.
My second gripe is that pool towels are left in your room and not offered in the pool area. You are allocated only 1 per person, and should you wish to get a new one, you then must come all the way back to your room and call housekeeping.
When I phoned guest services this morning for 6 towels she only provided us with 3 and she would not budge on extra towels.
I am absolutely bewildered by this concept after having left the Holiday Inn in Patong which is a 4 star as well and it is definitely in a different class.
The Impiana has certainly lost it's gloss and unfortunately does not deserve the 4 star rating.
The location is superb, the food is fantastic, the staff very attentive however they have be indoctrinated into less is more concept obviously a cost cutting measure by current management.
This resort could be spectacular, it has all the makings of a great resort. The Impiana Group need to perhaps visit this property to actually see what damage is being done or has been done to this once fabulous resort. The Resort Manager needs to seriously be accountable for the demise of this property.
So, would I stay here again, probably not unless there was a major rejuvenation/renovation of this resort. But if you are after no-frills with a great location then this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of only 3 hotels really on the beach, the Impiana Resort Patong is a boutique resort catering to your every whim and fancy. Rooms and suites offer a tranquil ambiance inspired by local architecture; The beachfront pool is the closest pool to the beach at only 3 m distance. With friendly, proactive and professional staff we are eager to make you feel at home. 4 restaurants and bars and Swasana Spa are open daily to in-house and outside guests. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Impiana Resort Patong Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Impiana Resort Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Impiana Phuket Cabana Patong