“Fantastic seaside resort”

Impiana Resort Patong Phuket
Ranked #19 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is one of the few hotels located directly on the beach in Patong. it's right in the middle of the town, only a very short walk away from Soi Bangla, nevertheless the resort is not noisy and there's almost no traffic at night on the road behind the hotel. There's no better location than this in Patong.

I landed to another resort in Patong that is a bit farther from the center then I looked for other hotels when I was there. It was in low season and some rooms were under renovation, so I got a very good deal, basically a 5 star seaside resort at the price of a 4 star. The full price would have been too high for my budget, for that reason I did not consider it in the first instance while chosing my first hotel to stay. But after negotiating the price I took it without exhitation.

The service is very good, tipycal warm and smiling thai. The breakfast buffet is very good with a good choice of continental and asian food. I had also room service food and it was excellent too.

The rooms are spacious and they have a beautiful tropical style design, like small huts, well equipped with air conditioning and a tropical style huge fan on the ceiling. The fan is a good alternative to A/C should you not wish to have the A/C for any reason.
The bed is a bit disappointing because the mattress is a bit hard, like the typical chinese mainland 4 star hotel. Other than that the only (very minor nuisance) in the room is the system to control the lighting and the A/C of the room that is over engineered and a bit complex to use.

If you don't feel like jumping into the sea water, the resort has its own nice and clean swimming pool in the middle of it, facing the beach.

A very good experience, I'd go again there if I traveled again to Phuket. I'm not sure if I'd take this hotel at full price, beside it there's a much more modern resort in the same price range.

I've seen other reviewers complaining about the service, fortunately I did not have their same experience and for me the service was excellent, fast check in/check out, perfect house keeping, fast delivery of room service. Regarding other reviewers complaining about the room quality, I have to say that being already there in Patong I was able to check the room before actually booking it, so this could have helped me a lot to get a good room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GuidoSar
Zaky_Kamlaithong, Front Office Manager at Impiana Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear artkl,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your Impiana Resort Patong experience! Thank you also for sharing stay in Impiana experience.

We will also pass on your kind words regarding the staff service here to our team and we hope to be of service to you again on your next visit to Phuket!

Yours truly,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've stayed here few times. First time few years back both service, location, rooms are impeccable. 2nd time the room was horrible and there's water literally raining down from my rooms ceiling light. 3rd time it's ok.

Today I checked in for the fourth time because I really like the location. Service was really slow. I'm glad they did gave us our room early before check in time. Thank you. But other than that when we call for assistance, it's either they say ok give me a moment i will come back but never came back or when we call them they said will call back but never......we as guests have to follow up with them instead.

Quite disappointed with the service really but just have to bear with it as the location is really fantastic. Walking distance to all the pubs, restaurants, shops and beach front.

Room wise not super clean but ok..... But it's time perhaps a little refurbishment or prevrntive maintenance program might help on those stubborn stains all over the tub area and corners

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank bubblyfenn
Zaky_Kamlaithong, Front Office Manager at Impiana Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear bubblyfenn,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees and overall ambiance. We regret that some of these factors had inconvenienced you during your stay and thus made it less memorable than was expected. You will be glad to know that we have addressed these issues with the respective Departments and that there will be improvements in the areas you had mentioned.

The Impiana Resort Patong, has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times. These feedbacks have helped us tremendously in ensuring they are rectified with the respective departments and improvements are in place to nullify these shortcomings.

Yours truly,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I have just enjoyed 10 days at Impiana. The location is as good as it gets. On the beach yet close proximity to shopping and dining. Very quiet and peaceful with comfortable well appointed rooms. It is the staff and management who offer sincere, kind and obliging service that makes all the difference. We ourselves work in hospitality back home and they manage this with grace and professional attention. My husband was ill for a few days and both management and front office monitored our situation and were there, should we need them. Not required thankfully, but very comforting at the time. Great value for money in my opinion.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeda2101
Zaky_Kamlaithong, Front Office Manager at Impiana Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear jeda2101

Thank you for taking your time providing us your invaluable feedback.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time while staying with us. I’m sure that our staff enjoyed serving you as much as you appreciated their service.

I will certainly share these nice comments with our team and we hope that we will have a chance to be of service you again on your next visit to Phuket.

We're looking forward to welcoming and serving you again soon in a near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The impiana can certainly use a lot of room for improvement. I and my family members was there for 3 days as their guest and to our dismay when we checked out... They wanted to charge us for laundry bags and room slippers. Hotels in Macau don't do that.. Hotels in Hong Kong don't do that.. It's unbelievable.

These are the things that if anyone who reads this must watch out for. Apart from that.. The other things are great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The location is fab, just right at patong beach. Lobby looks nice enough, staff friendly. However, for that price, I would expect the rooms to be a little nicer. There are many boutique hotels which sprang up in the same area. For that price, Impiana has some competition!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My partner and I spent three nights at this great hotel, which exceeded all our expectations. The staff were attentive and obliging, the rooms were well appointed and stylishly decorated, and the location right on Patong beach is second-to-none. From the moment you step into the lobby you feel a sense of tranquility and the craziness of Patong seems a world away (despite all Phukets restaurants, shopping and nightlife being right on the hotel's doorstep), particularly around the resort's stunning pool area which fronts right into the beach (one of the only resorts that has beach frontage in Phuket). We will definitely return to this fantastic hotel on our next visit to Phuket.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great Location! I selected this hotel because my husband wanted to be right on the beach(not across the street) and our adult son wanted to be near the action of Bangla Road. This was perfect. Impiana is on a beautiful section of the beach, it was very clean, plenty of security to keep the peddlers away, yet a close 10 minute stroll to the craziness on Bangla Rd. Everyone was happy and hated to leave. The breakfast was very good but the dinner menu was amazing, goat souffle with tomato/basil coulis, poached pear with balsamic glaze and gorgonzola sauce.....
expensive but a treat if you enjoy gourmet food. The Sabai Beach restaurant was great for lunch (Thai, western) very casual and affordable.(from the beach turn to your right it's the 2nd rest. on your right) We ate there twice. It's a great little gem would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family