Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$86
$56
$144
Hotels.com
Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$116
$85
  • Breakfast included
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$213
$181
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
$74
Official Site
Burasari Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$118
$86
  • Breakfast included
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$81
$71
$142
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park(Patong)(Great Value!)
$89
Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
$82
1,266 results
All reviewsdiamond suitegrand wingocean suiteromantic suitewaterfall poolshuttle busguava juicepatong beachtuk tukdressing roomsteep hillacross the roadshuttle serviceour honeymoonbusy roadthe north endswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This resort is heavily geared towards Japanese tourists, especially honeymooners. The service is mixed, at best, with a few standout individuals who genuinely cared to make our experience a really good one, and everyone, well, pretty nonchalant, really.
eg. Pool bar: can I have a Singa beer please. No sorry, we've run out of Singa at this bar. Full stop. (OK, so hop foot it to another bar or even to the nearest grog shop to get some more!!!!).
eg. Pool bar again: not one of the three cocktails we ordered from the cocktails menu could be made thatday because the pool bar apparently had NO VODKA! Seriously!? In the end they couldonly produce about two of the cocktails on their list. Dreadful.
English-speaking skills amongst the staff were very limited and we often were passed across four or five people before being understood for simple things like, 'Can we please have some ice delivered to our room', or 'Can we have a bottle opener please?' (not all rooms were equipped with bottle openers!).
Some staff actually asked various members of our group at various times for tips!!
Rooms are lovely generally, and well laid-out, but very tired & in need of updates.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Arriarne
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stay there twice in July 2012 and June 2013 and its the place for us we want to return !
Helpful staff, hotel interior, environment did make our stay enjoyable !

Room cleanliness: Could be better in some points but we are not too fussy.
Mould - yes, unfortunately by being in quiet humid climate its hard to keep it absolutely under control. If you not happy, exchange the room !

Food: Both times we stay there we didn't have breakfast included and we refused paying almost $20pp every day, its way too much for Thailand. We've been eating out in town for $20 both

We had food ordered to our room sometimes and next to the pool - fast, yummy, reasonably priced.

Location: Its not that far from Bangla Rd about 2-3 on tuk-tuk or taxi or 10-15min walk. Far enough from noise and close enough to all attractions.
If you are new to hotel, go to the lest and have a walk along the beach or take a taxi and ask for Bangla Rd (200baht)

Reason for Choice: 3 big pools with the trees around. Wooden floor in large hotel rooms, Location.

Room Tip: They offer a discount for spa if you book it within first 24hrs after your arrival, accept it, its pretty good ! If you NOT happy with the room (dark, dirty, not very good air condition) GO TO THE FRONT DEST AND ASK FOR ANOTHER ROOM ! Second time we didn't like our room (it was too dark and we did't like our ocean view) and we did ask to put us in the room we did stay before and they did it asap !
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I loved the room overlooking the ocean. Everything about it was just plain perfect. The pool was just outside the front door and I couldn't have asked for any better. The room service menu was a bit limited, however, with the number of restaurants they have onsite. I thought that the steep walk would have been an issue, but the shuttle was frequent enough that I didn't even notice. I should have read the fine print on my contract, though. I met some friends in town and when I tried to come back to my room, I was told that outside guests were not allowed. For that reason alone, I would never stay there again. Skip the breakfast buffet. It was mediocre and overpriced for the area.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SCOTT C
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had 12 nights at Diamond Cliff. The whole experience was fantastic, I could not fault the resort. I do not understand any of the negative reviews, everything was great. We were able to check in at 9.30 in the morning and had no problems during our stay. The staff were always smiling and helpful and the shuttle was the best after a long tour out and about. The drivers always remembered what room you were staying at. The pools were wonderful with the waterfall pool our favorite, basketball rings and the water slide keeping everybody entertained, young and old. The swim up bar was a big hit with Neung the best barman, always smiling and making our drinks stronger!! Diamond Hut across the road was fantastic for dinner yummy food and a view out of this world. We had a great stay, making Diamond Cliff the a big highlight of our Phuket experience. We would definetely stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank NicoleG_10
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my first time visiting Thailand and I was travelling with my husband, sister and her boyfriend and I knew it would be idiotic to not check out TripAdvisor first (no, I do not work for them, but will gladly accept a job there).

I wanted something on or extremely near the beach and after discovering Patong Beach was one of the more popular beaches, I plugged it in and found Diamond Cliff as one of the top results.

Two cons before I move on with the pros...due to my terrible map reading I calculated the resort at approximately 30 miles from Phuket Airport but the drive was actually a little under an hour so my guess is it's closer to 50-60 miles (did I mention that I'm also bad at math?). The next, and I feel this is minor, is that while the resort is cliff side it is cliff side to a rather busy street first and the beach comes after. This didn't bother me much, and it didn't take away from my positive experience of the place, I only mention it so it's clear that this is not a beach front hotel, but I guess you can gather this from the resort's name.

Our first contact with Diamond Cliff was at the airport, the hotel had graciously arranged for a van to pick us up with a sign with my name on it and all! We hopped in and went through a very winding, twisting journey before getting there, not a bad journey, though a bit long, we did get to see much of the local scenery and Phuket hot spots, street marts, restaurants and an oddly positioned memorial statue in the middle of a bustling roundabout.

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the staff and a lovely lady checked us in, gave us a cool guava drink and asked us to sit on one of the lounge sofas while she explained the resort amenities and features to us. The hotel has an open air lobby outfitted in rich wood with beautiful Thai sculptures. It was also very open, no doors on the wide entrance, plants blooming vigorously all over and only partially covered ceilings, the hotel looks like it was designed to let a lot of natural light and space in, giving it a very organic and peaceful ambiance.

The ocean view suite we booked, at a great rate, featured a hot tub and large bed with a lovely Thai mural painted above it. We had a balcony that looked out to the ocean and we took full advantage of It each day we spent there.

There are two pools, the main one has a waterfall, water slide and swim-up bar. What?! The chance to live out my childhood AND adult desires....SOLD!

Upon check-in, we received vouchers for a free basket of fruit. It's important to note that the hotel property is large, so the trek from our hotel room to the fruit store was a little far, but I was rewarded fruitfully for it! I picked local favorites like rambutan, mango, dragonfruit and lychee. I've had these things in the States before, but Thailand definitely does it sweeter, juicier and better!

The staff was very friendly and always ready to help. The restaurants on the property were mediocre, but it you go to any of the restaurants outside of the hotel, be prepared for yummy traditional Thai food and fresh seafood and lots of libations served in coconuts and pineapples, which is totally what I had hoped for on a tropical, oceanside vacation!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple