Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa
  • Beachfront
Kalim Resort(Patong)
  • Pool
1,266 results
All reviewsdiamond suitegrand wingocean suiteromantic suitewaterfall poolshuttle busguava juicepatong beachtuk tukdressing roomsteep hillacross the roadshuttle serviceour honeymoonbusy roadthe north endswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Spent 8 days at the end of July here and was happy with our room overlooking Patong beach and the ocean. Guys driving the shuttle service where awesome were taking us up and down the steep hill to our room.

Had a motorbike hire from Patong with my partner and the 1st 3 days it was not a problem with parking at the Diamond Cliff and came home after the 3rd day out and about exploring the area and the daytime parking attendant decided he wanted me to keep my motor bike unlocked. It ended up with him standing in the parking area arguing with me and becoming very aggressive because I insisted our bike was not insured and we couldn't afford to pay the 45 000 baht if it got stolen. He argued with me for over 5 minutes upsetting me so much I sliced 2 of my toes with the motor cycle stand trying to move the motorbike for him. When I finally had enough of him I went to reception and discussed with the girls behind the desk what had happened. When I suggested that if they wanted my motorbike kept unlocked they should sign a waiver to pay 45 000 baht if the bike was stolen, they soon after a quick phone call back flipped very quickly and suddenly decided it was fine to keep the motor bike locked.
So this event stressed us out and the sent me to the nurse at the Diamond Cliff to clean my bloody feet up and I get to spend the next 2 weeks in Thailand with an infected toe all for nothing. No apology no nothing, This was the only problem we encountered on an otherwise lovely stay. Thank you Mr Diamond Cliff Motorcycle cop for wrecking my holiday with 2 infected toes.

Other comments I would make include the beds are hard as a rock like sleeping on concrete. Rooms are in need of some TLC as age is starting to show. Ocean view pool watching the sunset was lovely. Demographic of occupants when we stayed was 95% Japanese and 4% European and lots of kids which made things quite interesting.

Room Tip: ocean view room is on the hill but quite with a nice view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just did 3 nights at the Diamond Cliff resort - good hotel. Rooms were huge, stayed in a diamond cliff suite. Rooms are showing a bit of age and a bit tired. We had a partial sea view and a good sized balcony, would stay again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We (three adults) stayed here in July 2013. The room is great. We had a triple Diamond Suite. It is one of the largest hotel rooms I have stayed in. Lovely view. Excellent bathroom and shower. The pools are very nice particularly the Grand Wing swimming pool. Its a large lagoon pool in a very relaxed and pleasant setting. The restaurants are adequate. The restaurants across the road are good but very expensive. The location is very good. Close to Patong Beach but far enough away to be quiet and unaffected by the Patong area. We walked into town each time. The comments that you need to be super fit to get up the hill are exaggerated. While it is a steep walk it is not far. We are all in good shape and did not find the walk hard. That said if the shuttle was available we did use it sometimes. Overall a very nice resort. Reasonably pricey but we were happy with the value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Seenabit1961
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Pretty much from our first moments at this hotel our experience was unpleasant. To begin with the decor and furnishings of the room are old and far out-dated for the quality of resort you claim to be. The toilet in our room sometimes wouldn't flush and at other times would continue to flush for several minutes. Many times we came into the room with an odour of sewage coming from the drains.

We have had innumerable disappointments with the service from the staff. Our first evening we were treated very rudely by the staff operating the shuttle into town. They treat people boarding the shuttle like school children and lack respect. In the gym the two staff in there who were constantly looming during my workout and suggested that I not using a piece of equipment properly which, while not a typical way to use that piece of equipment was in no way harming or causing damage to it. The fees for using the tennis courts is not mentioned anywhere I can find on your website and is not in keeping, at least in our experience, with a 5 star resort.

Upon check in the staff suggested I contact them on our last day and request a late checkout since we have to leave at 13:00 for the airport, one hour after check out. Today when I made this request I was told it could not be accommodated. I have significant difficulties believing in a hotel this size, particularly on the shoulder season, it is not possible to allow a 1 hour late check out.

In addition to the above housekeeping was notoriously slow, we would often come back to our room in the late afternoon and find it still had not been made. Cleaning carts were constantly left in the hallway outside the rooms and one of the guest (I assume) left a plate and two wine glasses in the bushes which sat there untouched by housekeeping for almost our entire stay.

Since they can’t compete on luxury this hotel is trying to compete with discounted prices but this has led to a significant decrease in the quality of the guests and too many families. We were in an adjoining room with a couple who apparently had a child. We were awoken early every morning by them and constantly heard their child making noise given the poor quality of soundproofing between the rooms.

The resort is truly in a wonderful setting and has the potential to regain its 5 start status but at the moment it really is performing at the 3 star level.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CdnExPats
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just returned from spending the weekend at Diamond Cliff. It's a lovely and huge resort - but slightly tired in comparison to the photos on the website.

Our room was huge (a triple), and nicely done, but the bathroom and shower had seen better days. The grounds were well maintained, but more built up than I'd expected, considering it's out of the centre of Patong. The main pool is surrounded by rooms and seemed very family focused, while the Ocean View pool was much more serene. Sunloungers filled up though, so it's worth getting down there and claiming a spot before it gets too late. They were happy to bring more out at the pool by the sea though, and, while the pool is small, there's a fantastic view and more relaxed atmosphere - I highly recommend picking up mangoes and coconut water from the stall on the road just outside!

Staff were friendly, and the free fruit basket was a nice touch. The walk into town is just a bit too far considering the temperatures, but it was easy enough to pick up a tuk-tuk for 200baht.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends