Spent 8 days at the end of July here and was happy with our room overlooking Patong beach and the ocean. Guys driving the shuttle service where awesome were taking us up and down the steep hill to our room.
Had a motorbike hire from Patong with my partner and the 1st 3 days it was not a problem with parking at the Diamond Cliff and came home after the 3rd day out and about exploring the area and the daytime parking attendant decided he wanted me to keep my motor bike unlocked. It ended up with him standing in the parking area arguing with me and becoming very aggressive because I insisted our bike was not insured and we couldn't afford to pay the 45 000 baht if it got stolen. He argued with me for over 5 minutes upsetting me so much I sliced 2 of my toes with the motor cycle stand trying to move the motorbike for him. When I finally had enough of him I went to reception and discussed with the girls behind the desk what had happened. When I suggested that if they wanted my motorbike kept unlocked they should sign a waiver to pay 45 000 baht if the bike was stolen, they soon after a quick phone call back flipped very quickly and suddenly decided it was fine to keep the motor bike locked.
So this event stressed us out and the sent me to the nurse at the Diamond Cliff to clean my bloody feet up and I get to spend the next 2 weeks in Thailand with an infected toe all for nothing. No apology no nothing, This was the only problem we encountered on an otherwise lovely stay. Thank you Mr Diamond Cliff Motorcycle cop for wrecking my holiday with 2 infected toes.
Other comments I would make include the beds are hard as a rock like sleeping on concrete. Rooms are in need of some TLC as age is starting to show. Ocean view pool watching the sunset was lovely. Demographic of occupants when we stayed was 95% Japanese and 4% European and lots of kids which made things quite interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Pool Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket