We have just returned from staying at Diamond Cliff as a Family holiday. Our first impression was one of confusion when we were requested to pay our bill in full on checking in, which is a bit full in your face when you are tired & not fully sure on why this cant be done at least the next day considering we are booked in for over a week. After requesting this manager did agree and all was well, but not the greeting you expect when you first arrive. I won't be repetitive on other postings such as steep hills .. Believe me this isn't a problem if you are able bodied & if you aren't the shuttle bus is always there within 5 mins. We loved having the choice of been able to walk to restaurants, bars, shops all within 10 mins. We had breakfast several times at the Diamond & it was very good, much better than the Novotel next door which we went twice using our Accor Card. One thing which needs addressing is the Restaurants in the evening we ate once & it was soulless, with no background music & staff who looked like bored by the lack of patrons. The restaurant needs to be competitive priced with local restaurants, this in to make people stay & eat . We stayed in the Diamond suites & thought the rooms are great for size & cleanliness ( a big thank you to the housekeeping staff excellent) .Yes this Resort is older than some but I believe it's qualities are attention to detail which many of its staff try very hard to please. We visited the Merlin Beach Resort & its a beautiful Resort but its achilles heel was its too crowded & you can't walk to Patong other than paying 500-600 return trip every-time you go out when you want. We used the hotel shuttle bus to Paradise beach & I recommend this to anyone staying just a brilliant place to visit. So all in all we would stay at the Diamond Cliff again thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo and Ctrip TA so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket