Across the road from the beach so was a little disappointed when I arrived. Also seeing the steep roadway to rooms I thought I may have made a mistake booking here. Once we were taken to our room via the 12 seater golf cart , I felt much better. We booked the diamond suite and can highly recommend this type of room. It is spacious and clean and bright & breezy. We had an Ocean view which was nice. Normally we don't spend much time in our room but this was easy to do here, especially with the air conditioning on. Spent most of our pool time in the Ocean View pool area as this was quieter. For families with children the other pool area (Grand Wing Pool, I think) is great complete with water slide and basket ball net, lots to do or nothing if preferred.
People commented in some reviews on having to wait for the shuttle to take them to Lobby or Restaurants, well all I can say is that unless you have a disability or just plain lazy,why not walk! I understand that it is a little steep for some rooms but going to either it is downhill. Heh a little work out is great then you can fit in more food, you now deserve it. Try walking back, great exercise. We never had to use the gym as never used the shuttle. In saying that we always saw the shuttle so they were always around if we needed them.
We hired a scooter just across the road only about $6 per day. Didn't eat in the Restaurants other then breakfasts, which were great. Had room service a few times and that was average. Having the scooter we ventured out for most meals.
Pro's Our room
House maid service
Pine & Chad great helpful staff
Only 3 mins drive from Patong (Approx 12 min walk)
Con's. Room Service menu
The repetitive music in the Grand Wing Pool Area ( get a new CD)
Most staff don't understand a lot of English, but we are in Thailand I suppose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Pool Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket