Just got back after a week at the Diamond Cliff. Great Location within walking distance of Town and the main strip on Bangla Road, but far enough away if you just wanted peace and quiet. Check in was nice and relaxed, and we instantly got upgraded to a suite which was gorgeous, spotlessly clean, extra large bed, polished wood everywhere and a separate Dressing room, Bathroom with a sunken bath with a panoramic window looking out over the bay, shower room and toilet, and a large balcony with spectacular views, couldn't have asked for anything better, although we made some friends who were staying in a standard double which would have been great if we hadn't already been spoilt by the upgrade..
Unfortunately I suffered everyone's worst nightmare when my luggage didn't appear at Phuket airport and the girl in the lost property office didn't speak great English but it was no great problem as the Girls on Reception at the Diamond Cliff took over and within half an hour my luggage had been found at Kuala Lumpur, sent over on the next flight, and was delivered to me by Taxi later the same day.
Didnt like Town much you cant walk more than 5 paces without someone trying to stop you and sell you something, but you soon get used to it, and after a couple of meals in town 1 really bad and 1 really good we ended up eating at the Hotel 5 nights. The Italian on resort is lovely the Decor was beautiful, food and service was great. Drinks and food for the whole week came to £200 which I think is great value, as I do like a few drinks. Breakfast was included so cant comment on the cost but certainly cant complain about the service, or the food which was really fresh and plenty to choose from.
Courtesy bus was always there to take you to your room which are all at the top of a steep hill, and the staff were all so friendly especially the Courtesy Bus drivers.
Try The Port Restaurant on the Patong Beach Road on the left just after Bangla Road, the food is great and they have live Music which was really good quality and great atmosphere.
No complaints whatsoever about this Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Pool Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket