The Diamond Cliff Resort is in a great location just outside Patong but within walking distance (15 minutes) or a quick taxi ride (200 Bhat). The resort itself is a little dated but this doesn't undermine the fact that it is comfortable and has the most amazing surroundings and views over the ocean. We stayed in room 1115 which is an Ocean Front Suite with a Spa! As it was off season the resort was quiet and we felt like the pool,near our room, was our own private haven! The staff were excellent (I wonder with previous comments whether 'rudeness attracts rudeness' if you get my gist!). We found that our room was cleaned well every day, the waiting and pool staff where always polite and courteous and the reception staff helpful too. The woman in the coffee shop was delighted to see us and remembered our orders! The room we stayed in was large and the bed comfortable - although expect it to be hard!
Breakfast was plentiful and the other meals we took at the hotel were OK, although our friends ate in the Thai Restaurant on site and said it was amazing. Across the road from the Diamond Cliff is Baan Rim Ra which was a stunning find for eating and we loved the Lebanese Restaurant in Patong!
If we ever returned to Patong I would consider staying here - but you'd have to love Patong to want to return. The place is quite in your face and the constant requests to buy fake goods (which are tat!), take a tuk tuk, watch a ping pong show, take a massage etc. A return to Phuket would involve staying in a beach front resort far from the craziness of Patong and enjoying the peace and tranquility!
Diamond Cliff is not a beach front resort. There is a busy main road separating the hotel from the ocean. There is no beach although the hotel does have an ocean front swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Pool Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket