we spend our vacation in phuket for 10days in 3 different hotels. it is our first time to stay in amari and our research is based also to some reviews here. most of reviews are good about amari. and im sorry to tell this but amari is the least of all in 3 hotels we stayed, and the most expensive. we had stayed in lower star hotels but it is far more better than this hotel. i'll indicate here the things that guests should know about this hotel.
1. the location of this hotel is the farthest or last hotel in patong beach. i believe they intentionally chose that location for a private beach. the beach is good only for viewing not for swimming. they have a very good view of patong beach.
2. it is hard to hang-out to patong because of the distance. and the entrance is a lot of steps. u'll feel like climbing in a small hill. i feel sorry for the elders having a hard time walking back to hotel.
3. basically, some room most especially deluxe type are so far from the main lobby. about 3-5 mins walk in average walking. u are unlucky if u got the 3rd floor. dont expect elevators. i just saw only 1 old and slow elevator in main lobby. unlucky also if u have lots of baggage.
4. inside room, just basic. you know what, there's a lot of hotels that has better room layout, more spacious, and more comfortable than this. the bathroom is small and bathtub is too tight.(small)
5. the pools are small, and crowd.
6. no wifi service inside room. if u need to connect ur laptop, u have to go to hotspots such lobby and restaurants. u need to pay 240baht (7usd) for 1 hour valid only for 1 day or 580baht (17usd) for 4hrs valid for 7 days.
7. meals are boring. but its nice to have early breakfast for a good view of the beach.
8. employees are not the sweet and couteous. they may sometimes ignore u.
1. the view are nice
2. at least they have HBO and star movie in cable.
3. have free shuttle to kata beach
4. welcome drink and towel (oh yeah!)
5. its amari.
there's a lot of better hotel than this in patong. much better location and service. so i suggest u to think more carefully and decide very well or else u'll end up regreting. thanx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away on a secluded beach near Patong, Amari Phuket (formerly known as Amari Coral Beach Phuket) is the ideal Phuket vacation spot no matter what you are seeking. With first-class restaurants, affordable luxury accommodation and a quiet beach, this island resort hotel offers a holiday experience unlike any other. You can indulge in some well-deserved relaxation at the renowned Breeze Spa, offering a whole range of spa treatments and massages. Reward yourself, and come celebrate the magic of Phuket with Amari Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amari Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Coral Beach Phuket Hotel Patong
- Amari Coral Beach Hotel
- Amari Coral Beach Patong
- Amari Coral Beach Resort
- Amari Phuket Patong