“Contemporary and stunning boutique style resort”
Review of Amari Phuket

Amari Phuket
Ranked #2 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Contemporary and stunning boutique style resort”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is the third resort of our two week holiday and what a great way to spend our last few days in Patong. Lovely rooms, comfy beds and pillows, nice linen and everything you'd want or need in a room. Fruit plate on arrival, clear fronted fridge, lovely balcony furniture, complimentary water, internet. We checked in yesterday (June 30) after arriving from Phi Phi. Brilliant check in procedure with chilled and scented face washers and warm herbal tea. Included also was a "Two for one" 90 minute massage voucher. Then there is the food..... Great dinner with a sensational view overlooking Patong beach... amazing restaurant.. Then there was breakfast.... I've been in the hotel and conference business for 20 years and this is one of the best breakfast buffets (in it's own air-conditioned space with electric sliding doors) with everything anyone from any culture could want... including porridge.. and vegemite .. for us Aussies! Two egg chefs... pastries to die for and multiple tea choices... including tea pots... Lots of lovely touches that all add up to a great experience... (I believe the Chef is Irish so am keen to meet him) I get the feeling the resort may be British owned.. it has a very European feel and is class all the way. Staff are fabulous... just has a great feel. Yes there is some building work up the hill behind it... and yes, it is a bit out of town (about five minutes by Tuk Tuk/ taxi) but after being right in the middle of the "Patong craziness" it is lovely being close enough to see it but not to see and smell it... and that madness is only 200 baht (about $5 AUD) away in a Tuk Tuk. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the bottom of their driveway and a daily trip to Kata Beach (again free) which we'll take tomorrow. Great for couples and older families maybe not so great for small kids. Loving it so far! I'll add photos and more info over the next day or two.

Room Tip: We have interconnecting rooms which I requested. All rooms are sea-view with views to Patong Beach...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Calmpond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,115)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
quebec
Reviewed June 30, 2013

very good trip in this hotel.
you know why you pay. maybe little expensive but rooms is big and clean. service professional. the location is very good in the center. there are a nice swimming pool if you don't like the sea.
so I have past few good day in this hotel. if I come back in the future I will stay in this hotel aga

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here once before, in 2011, and I was happy about it, but it wasn't excellent, as I had expected more from a deluxe room. This time, however, I am VERY happy. I had a deluxe room this time as well, but they are doing renovation on the hotel so all the rooms are way nicer now than in 2011. Due to renovation there is only one restaurant open (Rim Talay) and only one pool, but Rim Talay still offers their normal menu PLUS the pizza/pasta choices from La Gritta, so its really not a problem. There is no noise to be heard from the construction work. They have free shuttle buses to take you down to the main street as the lobby is now located further away due to the renovation, I think this is great. If you want to go to the centre of Paton they have taxi-service, or you can take a tuk-tuk, there is always at least one standing by the hotel. The price is the same wether you choose taxi or tuk-tuk; 200 bath from hotel to centre. The staff are so nice and friendly, they will do everything and more for you. I arrived at 2:15 in the morning due to a severe delay on my ferry/bus trip from Koh Phangan (after I had given them an ETA of 9 p.m.), and they didn't seem upset about it at all. They were just so friendly and helpful, gave me cold drinks and wet hand towels while I checked in.
The pool is great, it's cleaned every night, and the pool bar has many, many choices.
Your room will be cleaned whenever you ask.
The spa treatments are a bit pricey, but they are AMAZING.
They can arrange tours for you, and are really helpful to any questions you might have.

I am so pleased with my stay here, and I really do recommend it! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hiroshima, Japan
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Near to Patong Beach
Private Beach
Fantastic location
Pool was good
Sea view from the room was awesome and moreover Breakfast and hotel staff service both were superb
Only Drawback is entrance in the hotel its kind of long and very steep

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ChikiViky
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice location, but...food poisoning. We've stayed here a number of times before, so I expected a little better. We ordered dinner from Amari room service at 11.30pm, my stomach was churning around 1.30am. I woke up with the sweats and vomiting at 5.20am. Ended up on antibiotics, and still recovering.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank B M
PakamasG, General Manager at Amari Phuket, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback and please let me start by extending out sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you and your significant other.

Having personally reviewed our records, it appears we did not receive any issues with regards to food poisoning for the period you mentioned.

In any case, thank you once again for your feedback and we really do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Yours sincerely,

Warakorn Jarusirikul
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 17, 2013

we had to face lot of problem after our check-in. The rooms allotted to us had faulty drainage system and the entire room got flooded after we took a shower. the same was brought to the notice of the senior relationship manager who instead of being apologetic, advised us to be careful while taking shower. Her brief was that it's a regular issue with all the rooms in ground floor and all other guests are adjusting with the problem. we asked her to put us to the Resort manager which was declined by her. Instead she told us that we can lodge a complaint on their website. After much persuasion she reluctantly allotted us different rooms. the whole episode was undesirable and certainly not expected by us.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are having drainage problem by their own admission
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Navin70
PakamasG, General Manager at Amari Phuket, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thanks for giving us your feedback and please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment you experienced.
I can appreciate your comments about the issue of bathroom drainage which has been noted and will immediately check
and improve on these areas. We were preparing for renovation of second half of our resort and we had slight challenges.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel
in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Warakorn Jarusirikul
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed June 17, 2013

its close to patong street and far from the noisy city, it is a lovely place to have a romantic vacation, the food is great and they have a nice breakfast buffet, simply it is a nice place to stay in.

Room Tip: sea view rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raghed S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
The Chava Resort
The Chava Resort
#1 of 34 in Choeng Thale
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Amari Phuket? Share your experiences!